How can we improve Power BI?

SSAS Get Data multiple data sources

When connecting to a live SSAS in Desktop, once you've connected "Get Data" and "Recent Sources" goes gray. Please allow for additional data sources to be added in after making a live connection to SSAS.

499 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lauren Peterson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeroen Habets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would this also fix my business need to be able to combine a live Power BI Service dataset with other sources?

• Victor K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to connect to multiple SSAS MD Cubes is a must have feature for us to have PowerBI in our organization. As simply growing one cube for both Data Volume and maintenance is a difficult option at the moment.

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pretty typical use case - it would be very helpful to have this feature.

• D. Pearce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another reason I prefer to create reports in Excel and simply publish them.
        IMHO, there are *so many* features in Excel that are crucial for business data analysis in custom ways that are independent of the source(s).
        PowerBI MUST START trying to get equity with many of the Excel Data Manipulation functions.

• Colin Eisele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. We have custom budgets that aren't added into our SSAS because they're very niche. They're tracked manually in excel, currently. Would be great to track them in Power BI instead.

• Pier1999 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a ‘must have’ for an enterprise solution. My users work with a live connection to SSAS (cannot download the entire dataset on each worker's machine) but then want to integrate with data on the fly, perhaps coming from the latest market data, which would never made it to the datacentre on time to be useful to the final report.

• Nicola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having more than one cube in a report is very important for several important report we need to deliver. Always relying on the cube itself getting fatter and fatter to become the uber-cube-that-solves-it-all is not feasible in many non-trivial cases.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently work across a number of data sources and being able to tie them together is a must for me to create and represent the outcomes in a effective way. I would really need this function available for me to utilize PBI for my daily work flow.

• Farhan Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very important feature in order to make a comprehensive Executive report. We have a requirement but we are stuck due to this.

• Saber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of BI project has more than one cube, it is very high demand in our business.

• Tinh Tam Mai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important and critical feature that will facilitate the deployment of Power BI and associated MS stack on the data side. We need this ASAP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a show stopper for my organization we should be able to use multiple data sources in SSAS tabular model. Please add this feature ASAP.

• Michael Springer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a necessity. We need to be able to create relationships between live data and attribute files that are maintained in Excel. Also, website data can be blended with this as well. Truly a necessity.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.