How can we improve Power BI?

Line Chart with multiple values fields and legends

I would like to add a second Values field to a line chart that already has an Axis: Date, Legend: Brand, and Values: $ Volume.
The second field would be $ Volume Year Ago and would be presented in the same color as the Brand but with a dashed line.

205 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rlansing shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PBI is a great tool. We're started it using extensively but missing this simple feature.
    Please, add it and make the tool even better.

• CV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This appears to be one of the basics of any charting tools. If you cant do 2 values against time or any other dimension, thats a shame.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nearly 2 years since this issue was raised? Any updates anyone or any workarounds ?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really got into trouble telling my customers that this is not possible withPower BI :(

this is a basic function in Excel. I am shocked to see it is not available in Power BI. Please make it available.

I'm a big fan of Power BI - but it's small things like this that are a setback. I'm sure it's more complicated to add than what I'm thinking but it's needed functionality for users.

• Daphne Moon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a workaround for my problem :). I concatenated the two columns (in my case kpi_name and site), and then added the concatenated column as my legend. Then I created 2 separate filters based on the 2 separate columns. So now I can choose the kpi_name from one filter and the corresponding site or all the sites from the site filter.

• Daphne Moon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why they havent fixed this yet, So many updates coming out every day , but nothing pertaining to this one. At least there should be some work around

• Teresa B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have. And to be able to determine which measure we want the 'legend' dimension to break down.

We are considering moving from our current BI solution to Power BI and the lack of this feature is a deal breaker for us. It really seems like this should be a basic existing feature and I'm disappointed to not see Power BI already able to do such a basic visualization.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this feature? Seems very basic and it is really frustrating that Power BI does not support this option.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we use this type of charts in excel a lot. would be great to have this added to power bi

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.