How can we improve Power BI?

dynamic axis scaling

Option to allow dynamic axes on charts - allow an option in chart setup to allow the axies to change dynamically based on the values within - the start and end of an axis are fixed, despite values changing when filters are applied

298 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeremy Goldman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps just as important is the ability to dynamically switch from 0 end to -1 (lowest value) end. Sometimes you want to see the whole magnitude, sometimes you want to focus on the changes. Would love to be able to do with with a formula.

• jkay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress on this? Having to manually adjust charts is painful and looks unprofessional

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can be very misleading having a bar and line graph with two different scales.
    Even though we can align zero’s on the Y scale, if one scale is different than the other, wrong conclusions are derived from the analysis. One might think that positive values compensate the negative ones when in reality they’re just a fraction of the value.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been resolved? I don't see an updated feature yet which incorporates the idea here. This is a very important feature found in Excel!!!

• ze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any plan to add this? Really important for the work I do.

For line graphs it would be great to be able to change the axis using a slicer. Particularly when using the Play Axis as the Y-axis in a line chart does dynamically change, which is great when you look at it as an animation.

• Eduardo Almeida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have the option of dynamic axes on charts for better visualization of graphics.

• Edge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please we need this @msft we need this implemented so fast.

What about using parameterized / dynamic scaling where the upper / lower limits and interval step can be set via DAX formula based on measure(s) being plotted against either first or second y-axis?

Another option would be to allow use of parameter slicer where user could select upper/lower limits on vertical axes

• HINA KHALID commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to move others in the organization from Excel graphs to using Power BI but the biggest concern people have is that the charts do not look similar. One example is that they cannot manually choose the interval levels on the y-axis.

It would also be great to be able to change the axis scale interval resolution / gradation as well as the start and end points.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the Bar chart Y-axis ito behave the same as a line chart when the 'Start' is set to auto. Currently it always stays at zero. I would prefer to use a line chart, but that doesn't have visual interaction filters like the bar chart does.

• Estêvão Zica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome to have this dynamic feature on y axis so we could highlight smaller variances better!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.