How can we improve Power BI?

Print and Export Embedded Reports through REST APIs

Now that we have a great embed report/tile feature that can be used to embed reports/tiles in custom apps, it would be great to have some REST APIs that can facilitate printing and download of the reports into either PDF/Excel etc.

347 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gajendra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really wish this was available. PBRS and Powerbi Robots are currently the only option I can see that can do something similar. PBRS offers a full feature set that you could make work but the price tag is undesirable.

• Stizz001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current print functionality is only printing what is shown on the screen. Not only does it not print pages not shown, but parts of charts that are not shown are also not printed. Please give us the ability to export to PDF or export to PowerPoint where each slide is a page in the report. The PDF ask would have to be the easiest for MS to create and is absolutely needed asap. Thanks.

• Vishnu Chandel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update regarding the process on the development of this idea? by When this will be delivered to use using REST APIS?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing previous comments that this functionality is a showstopper for my clients. I have Power BI Embedded reports integrated into my client's website. My client's end customers need to be able to export to PDF all pages in a report so they can do one (or both) of the following: 1) Print copies to give to their bank lender 2) Email a pdf of their report to their bank lender. The lack of this feature is delaying the production implementation of my client's website as the Power BI Embedded reports for my client's customers are the core of their product offering.

It is a show stopper for our customer in our projet on the financial statements part.
    Only way around is Management reporter for financial reports, so we need to duplicate our efforts.

• Karin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have for our solution as well, whats the update on this Microsoft?

Yes this is a big requirement for us too. We need to send clients emails of the report. It would be ideal if we could call and API and embed the report in the mail automatically.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need that functionality. This is the only feature missing, we can't move our BI environment to MS platform because of that. I have a number of scheduled reports that are automatically extracted to XLSX or CSV file and then send to clients as an attached file. Please implement that feature if you want to earn more money Microsoft!!!

• Olivier Rhoer, v/d commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want a comment system beside out embedded reports. The feedback we got is that some comments are done when the report is in a specific state that the readers of the comment can't reproduce.
    A screenshot of the state of the report when the comment is made would be extremely helpfull!

We desperately need this as a selling point to the company. No excel export, no adoption. help!

I am attempting to promote Power BI in our corporate environment and have created a number of embedded reports. One feature that all users have asked for is to export out the data in excel/csv format to facilitate a request for action on what the data is showing.

In its current iteration, users interact with the data, set filters as required, and then when they have identified an actionable pattern they want to export the data in excel/csv format so they can forward the list with all items meeting the filter pattern for action out to the appropriate group.

They do not want to interact with the pbix file itself as an additional step.

Regards,

Kerry

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please add this feature! Hard to sell this to customers if they can't do this.

• Swami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a very basic requirement for any reporting tool to have download options like PDF, Excel, Data on Reports and Dashboards. I couldn't promote Power BI to our clients without these basic download options. Not all users can login into Power BI Service or web application to check the reports, they need the downloads to review data. Please add these as early as possible.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.