How can we improve Power BI?

SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe

All of the current Ideas that mention SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe integration are marked as completed as this feature was offered pre June/July release. This is nearly a critical requirement for adoption in my organization.

I had previously heard that this was removed due to licencing restrictions, can we get an official response on that? Is there any possibility of this being re-integrated?

1,004 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ScottC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

122 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely is a good feature to have this connector. PLEASE bring it back. Many companies like using an assortment of reporting tools. SAP would benefit from its continued use of this feature if this is again provided.

Great tool for our group and helping improve decision making with solid analytics.

Now that SAP has their SAC product, I'm guessing they prefer people use SAC rather than PowerBI.

This is a critical requirement for us. We had put in a lot of time and effort in creating the BO Universe. We now want to use it as source in Power BI. We will still be using BO for daily "bread and butter" report and would like to use PBI for Dashboards on Cloud.

Please let us know if there is any chance of getting this functionality back on Power BI.

• David Kinealy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our semantic layer is built using the SAP Universe so having this connector is essential for us as we do not want to create two semantic layers.

Any update on this?

• CJ OBrien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like this thread is falling on deaf ears. Too bad MS Power BI had potential.

• Jayesh Mangal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much required in the current org structure. Many intelligent reports configured on boxi are required on POWER BI for dashboarding purpose.

• vivek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please sort this issue. It will be very helpful for the whole organization.

Yes, this is much needed because we already have the data access governance set up and managed at the Universe level.

I don't normally comment, but this item has been in high demand for a very long time. Our global organization was going to use Power BI on top of the IDT universes, using both Webi and Power BI for data visualization. Since we are not able to connect Power Bi to the universes, we are migrating all of our BO solutions to Analysis Services. I believe we are not the only company migrating away from BO for this very reason. It is disappointing - Power BI reports could have had a dependency on the SAP models, and retained that revenue stream for SAP.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.