How can we improve Power BI?

SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe

All of the current Ideas that mention SAP BusinessObjects BI Universe integration are marked as completed as this feature was offered pre June/July release. This is nearly a critical requirement for adoption in my organization.

I had previously heard that this was removed due to licencing restrictions, can we get an official response on that? Is there any possibility of this being re-integrated?

908 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ScottC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

105 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't normally comment, but this item has been in high demand for a very long time. Our global organization was going to use Power BI on top of the IDT universes, using both Webi and Power BI for data visualization. Since we are not able to connect Power Bi to the universes, we are migrating all of our BO solutions to Analysis Services. I believe we are not the only company migrating away from BO for this very reason. It is disappointing - Power BI reports could have had a dependency on the SAP models, and retained that revenue stream for SAP.

• Chadd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical for my organization as well! Please have this feature adopted ASAP

• Nicola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waiting for that feature to migrate a lot of reports/Dashboard to Power BI.

This used to be available up to sometime in 2016. Please bring it back. i.e. work with SAP to resolve your issues as this is extremely valuable. Or I guess we could use your competitors products that do incorporate it such as Tableau if you don't want to listen to your customers Microsoft...

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important for the organization I am currently working for.

• Rosana Rodrigues commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really help our organization have more usage in Power BI if we can integrate the BusinessObjects Universes to Power BI. At this time is stopping many functions because of this gap.

• D Kemp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have significant user investment in BusinessObjects Universes and would love to offer PowerBI as an alternative to Web Intelligence.

Yes, Need this connector to leverage the work we have done on Universes. Hoping that Open data initiate between SAP and Microsoft will help.

• Carles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to connect to a SAP Business Objects Universe with Power BI would be a enormeous enhancement and step forward. Many companies are using SAP BW and SAP BO. Please add.

The ability to use a SAP Business Objects Universe model with Power BI would be extremely productive and would increase usage for both tools. Please add.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.