How can we improve Power BI?

Optionally remove focus mode box

Provide option to remove the focus mode border. This has the effect of messing up the experience of the report in most cases. If I want to allow focus mode on a detailed chart, then I can enable it. But in most cases it is extra UI baggage

415 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

William shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

74 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you very much for implementing the feature to hide the header box for the entire report. It makes my reports much more usable and simple.

Will it be possible in future to hide the header box for only selected visuals? Drilling up and down are still needed for some visuals.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We could really do with the ability to turn off header boxes per visual. It makes it really difficult to filter reports opened on a laptop, tablet or phone. We have to think about the location of the filters rather than the actual data.

• Prateek Raina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should make it at visual level rather than report level. That would make much more sense and gives user the flexibility.

• Russell Larkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd would like to be turn off the header box specifically for the slicers, so the option to choose which visuals show/hide the header would make this perfect.

• Ghazilam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you very much for implementing the feature to hide the header box for the entire report. It makes my reports much more usable and simple.

Will it be possible in future to hide the header box for only selected visuals? Drilling up and down are still needed for some visuals.

Seems the ability to turn off the visual header just makes it invisible, it still takes up room. If you have slicers placed close together when one is in focus it covers a section of the one above making it hard to select. Looks miles better but still not practical when space is an issue. Also agree should be available on individual visuals rather than all or none.

• Anh Ta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please prioritize this idea. It has been over a year. Many of my reports got bad feedback due to this annoying box.

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very necessary.

Almost all my reports have dropdown slicers that overlap each other and make it difficult to select.

The only option it to space them very far apart and leave less space to display metrics/ results.

Please fix, we have feedback that users have stopped using PowerBI because it's too difficult to use.

• Travis Fullerton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last update was almost a year ago? Are we any closer to getting rid of (or disabling) this disruptive layout on slicers and text boxes?

It can really make a report look tacky...

• Mrinal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we use many slicers and when we do mouse moves over to do filter on, an additional icon appears. This appears to be redundant and no value. It causing major issues when a report has multiple slicers close together. Can we have any fix yet to disable focus mode/more option (...) ?

I agree. This is absolutely necessary, please help get this moved to the top of the priorities list!

Its been sooooo long....This feature is an absolute necessary ! I request the Power BI dev team to take this up asap.

Up! Up! Up! This is not a fancy feature request. It makes users really annoying and makes report design unprofessional. Just add another formatting option to visuals which allows us to select bar and individual icon visibility.

This makes me insane - this is absolutely a must have for us to provide any of these dashboards to executives. Please remove these stupid boxes.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.