How can we improve Power BI?

Optionally remove focus mode box

Provide option to remove the focus mode border. This has the effect of messing up the experience of the report in most cases. If I want to allow focus mode on a detailed chart, then I can enable it. But in most cases it is extra UI baggage

309 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

William shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Corneel De Baere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Necessary improvement!
        I hope PowerBI team realizes this is not a 'nice-to-have' rather a must-have.
        Not only do the unnecessary boxes affect aesthetics, to a user they are distracting -and even annoying.
        Eg dense reports that combine slicers close together has boxes jumping all over the place.
        Widespread adoption (and appreciation) of visualisation tools within an organisation strongly relies on an intuitive interface. Personally I'd also be more proud of my work in PowerBI if it would present more sleek and truly like a professional app.

• John Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So hey dev team. I heart you all so much.
        But fo real.
        This NEEDS to happen. At the moment my craftsmanship looks beautiful but when the canvass is dark it only looks nice until you want to use it, at which point the focus bar appears and really detracts from the "slick system" appeal that rivals such as tableau master.

This would take dashboards that look nice in a resting state, to dashboards that look nice in EVERY state. make it happen!

• Mark Runge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is causing major issues when a report has multiple slicers close together. Makes it pretty much unusable.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can this be prioritised higher? My dev team don't want to embed reports in our app since the focus boxes around aesthetic elements like shapes and text boxes make the reports look too unprofessional.

• Frank Boucher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news?
        If it's not possible to remove them maybe change the colour? When the background is black... those borders are very not appealing.

Regards

• Travis Fullerton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hiding this is a must. For Power BI to get traction with my users, it has to be more seamless when using. The focus box is one of our biggest complaints.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this, it is very annoying that we still don't have this fixed after a year.
        UI improvements should be priority instead of releasing new features. If UI is not polished we can't present it to clients. Thanks

This would be an important feature to enable more user experience on mobile devices. We still need to use "SSRS mobile reports" instead of Power BI.

• Sean O'Grady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additional support for this. I have had clients refuse to use Power BI and look to other vendors because of the distracting menu / focus boarders / boxes that appear and clutter the interface. While someone who is non-technical can be told "it's just that way", when they are the ones paying the bill and they don't like it, they will find something that will do what they want.

Glad to see this issue is being talked about. I initially though I was unable to find the feature but I've come to find out that it wasn't even initially though about. Yikes! Looking forward to the update that includes this addition to Power BI.

Any news on the progress of this ticket?
        Is there somewhere that active development items can tracked?

Thanks

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please fix this, I don't want hovers on simple shapes and text boxes!

• Joel Faltermeier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At minimum, please include an option to disable focus mode at the report level. At best, include an option to have it enabled/disabled at report level, page level, and individual visualizaion level.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.