How can we improve Power BI?

Ability to align the column content

Add the ability to align the column content in tables, e.g. left- and right-aligned, centred, etc. in Power BI Desktop.

736 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

118 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Gulli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how is this not a feature... its driving my mangement team nuts, and its hard to tell them their BI program doesnt allow for the alignment of text.

• Alessandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom horizontal and vertical alignment for the whole table or indipendently by column.

• Robert A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very nice value add, so I can make my reports looks that much more professional.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to align columns, both in groups and independently, would be extremely useful. Thanks

• belvoir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is also compounded by the fact that Power BI seems to strip off trailing spaces in the matrix - so I can't use trailing spaces as a workaround for the missing left alignment.

• prashant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waiting for this change. This alignment option should be available in Tables as well as Matrix. We should able to align every column separately.

• belvoir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have left and centre alignment, rather than just right alignment. Right works fine for most numerics but can make the data look messy for some textual categorical information. thanks!

• Shaun Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Bill, we thank you kindly for this wonderful piece of software. You now have a whole party of BI developers who love it and would really, really appreciate it if you could ever so kindly add alignment options to some of the visuals.

• Joe Bates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for this feature is here! I have many visuals that would need this feature. Hoping to see it soon.

This is a basic necessity...please add! It's a shame to do all the work and have it look sloppy on the dashboard.

When turning off summarizing the (percentage) columns suddenly align to the left.

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.