How can we improve Power BI?

Matrix Measures or Values on Rows instead of Columns

We need Matrix’s to have the ability to move Measures or Values to rows instead of Columns. This is a definite must have!!! I was in the process of doing a pilot roll out of Power BI to my management team and when this question came up it was a huge miss and got a tremendous amount of groans. This is an everyday view we use and really need this for Power BI to cover the basics. I love the program but we really need this. Please help!

To elaborate, if I have sales, quantity sold, asp (average sales price), COGS, Gross Profit and Margin, There’s no way to look at this month over month when the measures are stuck on the columns. It needs to be able to showcase on rows.

Thanks for your consideration!

1,195 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike ThibodeauxMike Thibodeaux shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Matrix visual is already released but still we are not seeing this feature..Any update when this will be released. Request you to add this feature for next(June) release as it is impacting couple of Finance reports wherein measures are in rows and fiscal quarters are in columns.

For financial presentation, dates need to run across the top of the page. Cannot use powerbi until this functionality is added. Please implement ASAP.

This is REALLY killing us, any word on when this might happen?

Right now we can't display data along the 12 months of a year. We get the 12 columns but we can't have more than 1 measure otherwise each measure multiples by the number of columns..... :( It makes it so the Pivot Table becomes too wide to be useful, need to be able to put measures on rows.

• CloudMonkeyCloudMonkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Will, when do you estimate this will be released? (it's preventing implementations in accouting/finance)

• Martin SoanesMartin Soanes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any update on when this feature will be made available - last comment from Admin shows "planned" back in January. Many thanks in advance

• vetabzvetabz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a work-around but an out-of-the-box solution would be more productive and one more thing that is challenging. Even if you manage to do the work-around, how do you do Conditional Formatting on it, these are different measures with different targets. I hope that gets considered to when this becomes materialized.

Any news on this? It just came up with a meeting a was having also trying to launch this tool.!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.