How can we improve Power BI?

Add Filter in Data View PowerBI Desktop

Hi,
I was hoping if you could add Filter Option in Data View Tab like Excel or PowerPivot. This would make cross checking super convenient

Regards,
Sami

1,158 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sami Huq shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

141 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian Spiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Required for data validation. Data validation is Required for valid (or is it validating) results.
        And aren't these UI suppose to be nearly identical?

• t_allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Often I turn to Excel for debugging because I do not have this feature in Power BI. Being able to filter columns in data view in Power BI Desktop save me time!

• John McGough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Realizing that Power BI does not have a filter option in Data View is as disappointing as discovering that your brand new 4K TV does not currently support remote controls. Some things are just expected.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I was hoping if you could add Filter Option in Data View Tab like Excel or PowerPivot. This would make cross checking super convenient

Regards,
        Tony

Plus ONE... I come saying this for years!... well, that isn't true, but It's surprising that we have got to this point with nobody strongly asking for this, given that we EXCEL fans can't leave without those small arrows! nor without properly fixed panes by the way...

• Dan Szepesi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Despite not knowing Scott, I feel his pain. This is frustrating not having this. Do you really want me dumping it out to Excel and filtering there just to look for things? Surely that is as embarrassing for you as it is for me?

• edh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. I saw Austin Senseman in the hallway again this morning and all he did was complain about Scott Senkeresty calling him every night in years.

It puts a real damper on my enthusiasm to work. I'm afraid my boss will notice the drop in my productivity, and will eventually fire me.

Then I won't be able to make the payments on my son's college tuition, and he'll be forced to drop out of school.

Why do you hate my son so much that you would do this to him?

• Austin Senseman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, Scott Senkeresty is calling me every night, in tears. It's really disrupting my personal life, plus it's hard to diagnose a DAX measure without it.

One of the main reasons i've been reluctant to move form excel powerpivot. This is critical when trying to understand why calculations are misbehaving.

• Jochen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolut agree, really crazy that this feature exists in excel and didn't made it up to date to the power bi desktop equivalent.. Also crazy that this idea has only 42 votes so far, i get the question "how to filter" nearly from every new PBI user in trainings...
        Duplicate/related ideas:
        https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/18631738-allow-filtering-in-data-view

• Miguel Gallardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there!

I want to support this request. It already exist in PowerPivot and it is really useful to check calculated columns.

I hope you can include it in new updates.

Regards.

It must be. Exist in Power Pivot data model but why not in Power Bi? Currently it is not convenient to check if a calculated measure works well for specific rows.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.