How can we improve Power BI?

Add Filter in Data View PowerBI Desktop

Hi,
I was hoping if you could add Filter Option in Data View Tab like Excel or PowerPivot. This would make cross checking super convenient

Regards,
Sami

1,079 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sami Huq shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

131 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I was hoping if you could add Filter Option in Data View Tab like Excel or PowerPivot. This would make cross checking super convenient

• Kristi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would absolutely use this. There are times when I am debugging a calculation where I have to go into query editor and filter the data where as in powerpivot I would just jump over to the datamodel and do a quick filter to verify the information. Please bring this soon!

• Brian Spiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Required for data validation. Data validation is Required for valid (or is it validating) results.
        And aren't these UI suppose to be nearly identical?

• t_allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Often I turn to Excel for debugging because I do not have this feature in Power BI. Being able to filter columns in data view in Power BI Desktop save me time!

• John McGough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Realizing that Power BI does not have a filter option in Data View is as disappointing as discovering that your brand new 4K TV does not currently support remote controls. Some things are just expected.

Hi,

Regards,
        Tony

Plus ONE... I come saying this for years!... well, that isn't true, but It's surprising that we have got to this point with nobody strongly asking for this, given that we EXCEL fans can't leave without those small arrows! nor without properly fixed panes by the way...

• Dan Szepesi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Despite not knowing Scott, I feel his pain. This is frustrating not having this. Do you really want me dumping it out to Excel and filtering there just to look for things? Surely that is as embarrassing for you as it is for me?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.