How can we improve Power BI?

Add Filter in Data View PowerBI Desktop

Hi,
I was hoping if you could add Filter Option in Data View Tab like Excel or PowerPivot. This would make cross checking super convenient

Regards,
Sami

1,154 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sami Huq shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

140 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ralph Gaston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same filtering as Excel would allow us to check pivots, final and intermediary work products

• Norberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any feature that Microsoft provided with PowerQuery, PowerPivot and PowerView should be available in Power BI. Also, we should be able to share our work with others without requiring a license.

• Dyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I attempted to use this feature just today and noticed it was not possible

• Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for speaking out loud, I have noticed that myself & was hoping to get it with next updates.

• Charles Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree ... a Filter Option in the Data View Tab is crucial.

Thanks for your work on Power BI Desktop --- it is literally "free" visualization magic from Microsoft!!!

Charles

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see the results of a measure/calculated column like the excel version of PP

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would make troubleshooting so much easier. Also just doing a quick check of data would be so much quicker with this functionality.

• Ino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be extremely grateful to have this useful feature in PBI Desktop, too. Thanks a lot!.

Add me to the list.
        Need to be able to stay ahead of the ONLY xxxxxx product does this, in my daily push for Power BI vs. 'other choices'

Please add the Filter Option in Data view Tab – for consistency between apps, as well as functionality.

Thanks

• Kim Mullins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! Filtering may seem minor, but it is vital, when you need specific info,from your data-set.
        Thank You
        Love PowerBI!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.