How can we improve Power BI?

Increase dataset size limit from 250 MB for PowerBI Pro

Now a dataset can store 250 MB of data. That’s not a lot, especially when You want to analyze big data sources. In that case You have to make additional aggregations before putting data to Power Bi. Increasing the limit to 1GB (for example) for a dataset would be very nice, especially that the Power BI Pro gives us 10GB of storage
By the way, Power BI Desktop doesn’t have this limit.

259 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • J Michael Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1GB is just not enough. I need to be able to push a file that is at least 2GB to give my consuming audience enough years of data to evaluate. When I say years I mean Academic Years which start every July 1 and ends June 30. Even with limiting the data to 3 Academic Years the PBIX is 1.5GB.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to bump the data set size limit up? Im at a gig and a half of data and unable to publish online...

• Hassen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        I have a a question about the dataset size : is it the size of the data thet you import, or the size of data once imported and transfomed through PowerQuery. Suppose I have a SharePoint list with thousands of lines. I import this list content to PowerBI desktop, and I see that PBI downloads 10 Mb. However, After cleaning this data using PowerQuery, I save only 1 Mb. So, in this case, does PowerBI consume 1 Mb or 10 Mb ?
        On my storage report, I see that powerBI uses only 1 Mb, please can you confirm ?
        thx

• Ali Uluğ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just uploaded two local .pbix files to my Power BI Pro account (trial account). Their datasets are 409 MB and 793 MB. Screenshot is on https://www.adayazilim.com/sabit/powerbi.png

Power BI Service did not give any error messages during upload and I can work normally with these datasets online, on powerbi.com.

Am I missing something? Is this limit cancelled?

• Borut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is great! Now it has been more than 20 days since started. When we will be able to use it?

• Cody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organization collects over a billion events every day, aggregating several into business views in our data warehouse, which is then pushed to PowerBI, which we are trying to use as our primary dashboarding/routine analytics platform. This limit is starting to kill us, as we can only cut certain events by 6 dimensions or so before we hit this limit.

• Vasek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1GB would be great! 500MB would solve most
        250MB is perfect for presentation not for real

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.