How can we improve Power BI?

Print option from Power BI Desktop

A print option for Power BI Desktop is required.

This will support design and development efforts by having a hard copy available for use in scenarios where online and real-time are not the best approach or even the most appropriate approach.

3,568 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

114 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Beft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wait, you cannot print from Power BI Desktop? What a joke!!!!!!!!

• selimovd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on that? We have many customers who would like to change to Power BI but printing or exporting is a MUST have.
        Until then our customers will not change to Power BI...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not fixed yet. Desktop version should allow for printing in many ways!

• Schizer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please merge this with the 70 other related requests so it will become the #1 requested feature (which it truly is).

How about a print option for Power BI service too? The "Print" functionality there now is a joke. It should be called "print a screenshot". Also, Power Point export is not a solution.

I know this is a hard one because of the way Power BI is designed (multiple viz per page, as opposed to Tableau which is one viz per page).

Power BI Desktop is a good software but the printing function from Desktop is really missing. For people who works in industry and are not expert of Business Intelligence, print for them papers is the only way to communicate. And because of this option missing, I can't share the software with them to use it.

Printing in Power BI will increase customers' satisfaction as it is an essential function and an expected one in their eyes. Making customers experience more pleasant.

Please!!!!! We need a print option from the desktop.
        The survey link is not available to provide feedback. Kim, would you tell us the current status of the requirement?
        Thank you.

• Frances Woollard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is essential. I cannot use the online service due to data restrictions for my client and without the print/export to Word etc options for the desktop version, I am not able to encourage them to use Power BI which is really frustrating as it would save them so much analysis time. Please get this done as soon as poss. Thank you.

• Hadi Eissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kim, can you please provide us with a status on this idea. we need PDF print option from Power BI Desktop. We use Adobe InDesign and Illustrator to combine various reports and our graphic designers require native PDF files. for now, i'm stuck with a lousy tool called Lumira from SAP that provides an export to PDF option.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure it has been mentioned numerous times, but I just want to reiterate that your only existing print function also does not work. The scaling and margins setup just never work the way you expect, and there is clipping occurs frequently with no apparent solution. This is really a critical failure and a show-stopper for many organizations, as others have said.

When I print from a dashboard, we don't need and we don't want to have the number of page, the URL and the document name. We loose space and it is really not beautiful.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Printing is a must. Desktop and Service. I had to abandon Power BI because I cannot easily share printed information. This is a major oversight. I had to go back to Tableau despite not wanting to.

Over a year and a half and you still have no implemented the feature.

Not a single update since March where you've asked for people to fill out your survey.

Where is the communication?

• Andrew Aihie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Understood the strategy for leaving out print/export functionality is to encourage users to paid/subscription cloud version to drive revenue. However a huge opportunity is lost without that feature to compete with the likes of Tableau, Qlik...etc. Suggest including that functionality even if we have to pay for the added feature.

• Nigel Gibbons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you do not have to protract this with a 'survey', spend the time and money getting on with the basics - 'Print to' and Export to 'PDF / Word'.

Power BI Desktop without a 'print to' or 'export to PDF / Word' function is like a car without wheels. Its not going anywhere very fast. I have no clients interested in spending time and effort on what is a nice set of eye candy functionality without a means of consuming this across other more popular mediums ie: digital reports and print.

If you think this approach you are taking is going to encourage licenses, WRONG, you have just lost 2 clients of mine to Sisense and BOARD. What is more if you had got this basic functionality right to start with you now would not have a Partner forced to work with the competition.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.