How can we improve Power BI?

Print option from Power BI Desktop

A print option for Power BI Desktop is required.

This will support design and development efforts by having a hard copy available for use in scenarios where online and real-time are not the best approach or even the most appropriate approach.

4,327 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

169 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Amanda, is it possible to limite the access to one or more page of the report/dashboard instead of the role?

Thank you Thank you, Thank you. Please don't forget that we still need printing in Service with PDF so users can print paginated reports.

• Heather Gillmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a report designer for my company, I need to be able to see how the printed or exported report output looks prior to publishing the report to the Power BI service. Publishing the report to my workspace just so I can export it and take a look, and then go back to Desktop to make the necessary adjustments, then republish it to test the output again creates extra steps and increases the time it takes to ready a report for deployment to the end users.

@Mike many of those responsible for producing reports do not have authority within their company to install report server. Some form of quick export feature for Desktop is a must

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kamil Power Bi Desktop is an ide used to create the reports. If you install report server and host your PBIX files there for consumption, you can print them.

• Kamil Cholewka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the point of voting and commenting, if the idea almost 3 years old, with so many comments and being top voted, is being ignored? What is there to understand that you have to survey (which by the way doesn't work as of right now)? Sorry, but "thanks for the feedback" does nothing, especially when the last response was 14 months ago.

• Sean Crawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack or response by the PowerBi Group and Microsoft is clearly inappropriate an unprofessional. If this basic functionality has been tombstoned, your responsibility to all the contributing professionals in this thread seems clear. Provide a clear and honest report of the status of this improvement request.

• Don Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK....4101 votes and 2 years should be enough to get this out of "Under Review".....can we have this soon please?

Hello, any update on the status of this? Our company is trying to decided between PowerBI or Tableau for one of next upcoming projects and exporting to PDF happens to be a big requirement of our.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May, June, July,
        2018, 2019, 2018
        Please add a slicer with these 2 tables and highlight the selected outcome

Hi Kim, any news from printing option directly from Power BI Desktop please ? Still waiting for this option...

• Man Chester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys Tableau has a printing option - we should start using that instead, because Microsoft clearly doesn't care about the power BI community.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Print to printer or "print" (export) to PDF - as others have said, this is basic functionality that users expect to have. BONUS: Please add support for "birsting", which is printing/exporting one copy of the report/dashboard for each value of a dimension (i.e. Group By). For example, export the report for each employee or for each customer or for each .... whatever. Thanks.

• James O'Meara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a print button control for powerbi reports. The button should allow a print screen to all the usual targets. A print option should also be available on all visualizations to cater for printing contents of multi-row cards, matrices and other list based visuals. Can you let me know if any such development is being considered. Thank You.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.