How can we improve Power BI?

Print option from Power BI Desktop

A print option for Power BI Desktop is required.

This will support design and development efforts by having a hard copy available for use in scenarios where online and real-time are not the best approach or even the most appropriate approach.

4,362 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

190 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

every time I try to use export to pdf, my power BI Desktop crashes!!!
        I will never switch to Power BI from Tableau if there is no print function on Desktop!

• Anaplan Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the point of just a screen capture ? The majority of requests were not for a screen capture... they were for a customisable PDF print function.

• Scott L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also experiencing formatting issues with the exported PDF. I have a report that has many pages that are identical except for the category being filtered. When I export to PDF, I get pages that are formatting differently even though the page layout is the same across all pages.

• Swami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When this function will be available on Power BI Online, as users are going to use only Online, not the desktop.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for adding this feature however several visuals do not export correctly, and the images end up cropped. Where may I submit this bug?

• Leandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks @Amanda and Power Bi development team!!

We are grateful for this important functionality!!

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Felicidades por esta increible aportacion. Power BI sigue creciendo!!!!.

• dsmith@ashleyfurniture.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great. One of my visuals do not look the same once I upload to PDF. I have 6 images showing in PowerBI desktop, but only 2 full images, plus 2 half images show up in the PDF file.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE RE-OPEN THIS. We need the ability, in Power BI Desktop, or the Service, to print entire reports. Until the Export to Excel feature exports an entire grid (even rows that aren't visible) exactly as shown on the report, we really need to be able to print.

• Amer Farhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately need this option, was on verge of evaluating other products just because of this simple feature which is missing. But hope that the quality of the PDF output is good and not like the poor screenshots that are sent as subscription.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.