Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Online Report Edition resets visual interactions to default

In Power BI when editing online a report with your own customized visual interactions, those interactions customizations are all lost, after saving it.
    The scenario can be tested by editing a report and then saving it. The strange thing is that after saving the report, the interactions still works properly, but if you visualize other reports or refresh the browser, when you check back your saved report, the custom visual interactions have been reset to the default values.

You can watch the following animated gif, that shows the reported problem.

https://devscope365-my.sharepoint.com/personal/pedro_fardilha_devscope_net/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?guestaccesstoken=b2Ikv4cCyUAlbLyvUhwdzQLj7zDEd1fxxfy0WX3BINI%3d&docid=06489df2ff85f46c7a6560c9b0e46ff24&rev=1

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

escalated  ·  14 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get Data dialog too big for screen resolution

Choosing Get Data, then SQL Server or Azure, the Get Data dialog is too big for the screen resolution I'm using on a small laptop, remote desktop into Windows 2012 R2.The buttons at the bottom are barely visible and not readable. There is no maximize button. I cannot get to the bottom of the dialog with the mouse to resize. This is really amateur hour stuff. Flunk UX stuff. There is plenty of real estate to make the dialog smaller and more compact. If a minimum resolution is required, Desktop shouldn't install.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

escalated  ·  1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have an idea, if you have a number, lets say 1.7, enable recognizing that as a number. That would be awesome.

Get Power BI to recognize numbers as numbers. Like... 1.7 or 50001.0 . How is it possible in 2016 to get a cast error in stuff like this, seriously?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is expected to work. Can you share more details about it?

- Where are you applying the type conversion? Query Editor? Data/Report view?
    - What is the document locale? (You can find this in the Options dialog, under “Current File” → “Regional Settings”.
    - Do you have a consistent repro that you can share with us?

Thanks,
    M.

4. annotate and share of a tile snapshot instead of url in whatsapp

We were able to share a tile snapshot in whatsapp using PBI in iOS, now it generates an url. Can you put this sharing feature back?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

escalated  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Windows 10 app won't connect to enterprise account

I can use every other method to use Power BI but the windows 10 app tells me an error occurred and to contact my admin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    escalated  ·  Romi Koifman responded

Hi,
    Thank you for reporting this issue.

Our team needs more information to further investigate and solve the problem.
    Where you able to login using the same credentials on a mobile browser?
    Is there a 2fa mechanism implemented in your Org?

Also, Please provide the following details:
    Type of mobile device type:
    OS version:
    App build version (can be found under Settings>About from Power BI app):
    Steps to re-create the issue you reported:

Any additional screenshots would be highly appreciated

Thank you for your help,
    Power BI for Mobile Team

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.