Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conditional Formatting for Total and Subtotals in Matrices

The recent addition of conditional formatting for values is wonderful. However, it would be great to have the ability format subtotals and totals, as the variation on those fields are often even more important to draw attention to.

4,829 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

434 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Totals in stacked column charts

During several presentations I get questions regarding the total of stacked columns. In the current situation you can select to label all the parts of the stacked column but no grand total. I would like to see the option to add a label to the Visuals which shows the total of the stacked column (this counts for values only). Ideally this total would deviate together with the drilldowns you select, so it stays interactive whatever filters you select or subsets you create on your dashboard.

1,349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditional Formatting - Whole Table Rows

It would be great to be able to format full rows and not just specific columns in tables.

For example - I have a list of date driven tasks and would like to highlight the entire row where the task is overdue.

634 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. KPI Customization (Font Size)

Need to be able to change the font size on the KPI tool. A stoplight visualization is needed most, but a set font size on the KPI tool makes it very limited regarding usability and alternate solutions.

596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Printing custom visualizations

It would be helpful to be able to print custom visualizations to PowerPoint. Currently there is just a message saying that the visualizations are not currently supported. Even allowing the visuals to be frozen in a picture format would be acceptable. Thanks.

537 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Synchronize drill up/down of visualizations

I use the drill up/drill down hierarchy feature in almost all of my visualizations. However, when you have several visualizations, it becomes hassle to have to individually drill up/down on each one.

For example, if I have 3 different line graphs plotted over time, if I drill from yearly to quarterly, I would want all 3 to toggle in unison.

440 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Vertical column labels in table and matrix

I have many column headings which are quite long. In Excel I can change the text alignment so the column heading runs vertically rather than horizontally. By using a smaller font it can display a lot more information this way. Now that you have added vertical data labelling to charts can we have similar functionality in the tables and matrices?

357 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Resize bar width for a single bar

Is it possible to make a single bar in a stacked chart wider than they appear by default?
    It takes more space in a chart, to increase a bar, need to increase a size of whole chart then only it is visible.
    Can we get a option to increase the width of a single bar stacked chart?

350 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize all fonts with JSON

It would be great if we could customize font by importing a JSON file in addition to being able to customize color.

345 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom Territory for Power BI Map.

It should be possible to create a custom territory in Power BI. Not every Organization uses Continent, Country, State & Province or County for Mapping. Some Organizations want to create customer sales territories which is hugely valuable in getting granular into your Data.

Currently this feature is available in Tableau.
    http://powertoolsfortableau.com/tools/drawing-tool

This will also eliminate the use of Location Intelligence software as a counterpart when analyzing data.

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Matrix - Sort columns by value

Matrix currently doesn't allow you to sort the columns based on designating values as being a priority above the column field names.
    For example, my field in the columns section results in three columns. If you add two sets of values, you are forced to see: Column 1, Value 1, Value 2, Column 2, Value 1, Value 2, etc. Like in a Pivot Table, you should be able to prioritize values so that it shows as: Column 1, Column 2, Column 3, Value 1, Column 1, Column 2, Column 3, Value 2.

338 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Gantt by Time and Planned v Actual

The Gantt Visual should allow greater granularity i.e. include time: Hours, Minutes, Seconds. This should be part of the axis and duration.

An alternative to "Completion" could be an 'actual' input i.e. [Actual Started] and [Actual Ended]. This will show Planned v Actual in a Gantt.

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  39 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Conditional color formatting for Radial Gauge

A ticket was raised for this issue back in August 2015 and was erroneously marked as Completed. Here is the link: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9486990-ability-to-modify-the-colors-in-the-gauge

More specifically, I would like conditional color formatting on the Radial Gauge visual with respect to the Target Value. That is, if the Value is exceeding or meeting the Target Value, the gauge would be green, and if is not meeting the Target Value, the gauge would be red. If this was implemented to handle data dynamically, our stakeholders would be able to receive daily reporting on their departments with accurate color-coding.

I would appreciate a time estimate…

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Vertical Column Headers in Matrix

Make possible to rotate the column header so that they appear vertical. It's very usefull for the case that I have a number of columns and the names of each column is a rather long text, hence it makes the matrix's width large even though the actual cells just hold a number. Format-wise, it can be much more pleasant if the column heades could have appeared vertically to save space rather than the default horizontal.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve customs visuals quality

On the one hand, custom visuals are great. Thanks to the engaged community we have new visualizations.

On the other hand, those visuals are buggy, unoptimized, not fully integrated, lacking functionality and sometimes of poor visual quality.

Hope the PowerBI team picks up on the shortcomings and improves them or release their own official versions.

Please vote ;)

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Tzvi Keisar responded

We are investing to constantly improve the custom visuals and the platform. performance, reliability, feature-set, etc.
    Most visuals are maintained by the community, and we encourage them to improve. recently the custom visuals gallery was migrated to the Office store, where reviews and ratings are available, so I encourage you to go and review visuals and ask for features directly from the developers.
    You can also use the dedicated community site to suggest ideas: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Ideas/idb-p/CustomVisualsIdeas

16. Interactive Python Visuals

I know Python Visuals have just been supported for Power BI, but lets get the ball rolling on this one.

Please support Visual Interactions with Python Visuals.

181 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Latest date as anchor date for relative date slicer

I hope that you add the ability to add a measure as the anchor date for relative date slicer, it'd be really useful if you wanna set the anchor date as the latest date of your data which can change overtime.

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adjustable columns in multi-row card visual

I would like to be able to adjust the column width of the Multi-row card visual, and/or have it dynamically adjust.

Right now I have the same column width for my 2 digit division number and my 30 character customer name. The division column looks huge, and the customer names still cut off.

Additionally, I need the option to force all the data to be in one line/row.

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export Power BI visual matrix to Excel, without the data being tabulated vertically.

I want a way to export a visual matrix (already assembled in my Power BI report) and take it to excel, without the data being tabulated vertically.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Display time in HH: mm: ss format in columns and bars charts

We need to display time fields in the format (HH: mm: ss), in the stacked column chart / stacked bar chart.

Explanation:

We now convert the time to decimal to generate the graph.
    Example:

01:30:00 (hh: mm: ss) = 1.5 (decimal)

In bar charts, the value property (FIELDS - VALUE option) will be 1.5

By activating the display data property (FORMAT - DATA-LABELS), the displayed value is 1.5.

Instead we need to display the data 01:30:00 (hh: mm: ss) DATA-LABELS.

Suggestion:

Possibility to indicate which field to display in DATA-LABELS.

Hour_decimal (VALUE) = Hour (HH: mm: ss) display this field

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 95 96
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.