Reload a Report
    Refresh a Report

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize order of filters in pane

The default order for the filters looks to be the “Filters on this page” first, followed by “Filters on all pages.” For my report use, it would look better visually if the order of the filter types in the pane could be changed, so a user could have the "Filters on all pages" appear at the top of the pane if desired.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to use comma as list separator and dot as a decimal point regardless of locale settings

Power BI Desktop has an editor that modifies the DAX code trying to respect the locale settings. This creates a number of issues in certain combinations of locale settings; because of that, there are bugs that have never been fixed when you have certain expressions
    Moreover, respecting the syntax using locale settings creates additional issues when you copy/paste formulas in other tools that might not use the locale settings (not to mention community forums!).

Please, consider adding an option to Power BI Desktop to use the standard comma (,) as list separator and dot (.) as decimal point for DAX…

370 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. “Do not ask me this again” checkbox

Each time I refresh the data and open my app in the morning, all my users are prompted with a "share your location" pop up in the mobile iOs apps.
    Please add a "Do not ask me this again" option to avoid this recurrent message

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable portrait mode in dashboard view

Don't require landscape view when viewing dashboards. It's impractical. I want to look at my dashboard like I normally look at my phone, and I should be able to view dashboards the way I want, not the way you want me to. thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow bookmarks in the new Navigation Pane

The new Navigation Pane for Apps is great. Would be much more useful if it could also list bookmarks in addition to pages and URLs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dataflows PDF Connector

Enable the PDF Connector - it went GA in Power BI Desktop and Web Service in April 2019, so it should also be in Dataflows.

It is always frustrating to consider moving a set of Queries to Dataflows, only to realize that the functionality is so limited.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Specific Report in Microsoft teams

Currently when you add a Power BI report into teams you get the list of all reports your user has access to without the ability to see what app it's in or what workspace. This is very confusing when a report has a same name in a workspace and app you can't tell which one you are adding to the teams page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. rename dataflow

Be able to rename a dataflow after it's original creation. A simple must have feature. Seems currently that renaming is not supported. After changing the name in properties it throws an error and reverts back to the original.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bookmark for Power BI app

Can MS enable the bookmark feature in Power BI app?

267 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Collapse App Navigation Pane

The new app navigation experience is great but can take up a good chunk of screen retail space.

The option to collapse/uncollapse the navigation pane would be a great feature for users, allowing them to focus entirely on the report/dashboard

588 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drill through to another report refresh with Live connection

Currently the drill through functionality to another report doesn´t seem to work correctly for Live connections. The first time works, but when going back and changing the drill through, the target report doesn´t refresh automatically. This is confusing for end users, because you don´t always realize that the data have not been refreshed. The Power BI support team acknowledged this problem and proposed I create a ticket in the "Idea" category. It seems more like a bug to me then anything else, but hereby the idea to make the drill through to another report functionality always refresh the target report…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Amanda Cofsky responded

We’ve fixed this issue now and are rolling out the fix this week. If you don’t see it working yet, you should see it by next week.

13. Certify PowerApps custom visual

I know its still in preview but my tenant blocks the use of custom visuals that aren't certified. Can't use the visual and test integration until it becomes certified.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug in scan a barcode

In a scan barcode, after an unsuccessful scan, when you try to scan again, your screen is completely black. That is when no data is associated with the barcode. The flash light still works. This is on iPhone 8 power bi app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. List all Power BI Gateways

As a Power BI Administrator I want to be able to view all of the Enterprise & Personal Gateways associated to our tenancy.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export PDF in PowerBI Service also for custom visuals

There was a nice feature released end 2018 / beginning 2019 allowing direct PDF export from PowerBi Service. Unfortunately this does NOT work for custom visuals, as e.g. the hierarchy slicer. I would love to see this feature also working for custom visuals (see also my community post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Export-to-pdf-Bug-Using-hierarchy-slicer/m-p/636281#M63591 )

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update app to use entire iPad Pro 11” screen

Can the iOS app please be updated to make use of the newer iPad Pro screen size (11”)? It’s hard to use the app with limited screen as is, this would be a marked improvement. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Toggle for single-click interaction in Mobile view

Currently on Mobile, a visual must be selected, then another tap will interact with that visual. For many visuals, this is not intuitive and is a poor user experience.

In mobile view, we are creating mobile-friendly views of these visuals, and the extra taps to prevent mis-clicks are not always necessary.

Would love to have a toggle switch to enable single-click interaction over the entire tab or report in mobile view.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for Python Visuals on web based Power BI

Python Visuals are currently supported only on PBI Desktop. It'd be great to add dashboard/graphs functionality and coding support for the Python Visuals on web based Power BI (app.powerbi.com).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.