Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drill through to another report refresh with Live connection

Currently the drill through functionality to another report doesn´t seem to work correctly for Live connections. The first time works, but when going back and changing the drill through, the target report doesn´t refresh automatically. This is confusing for end users, because you don´t always realize that the data have not been refreshed. The Power BI support team acknowledged this problem and proposed I create a ticket in the "Idea" category. It seems more like a bug to me then anything else, but hereby the idea to make the drill through to another report functionality always refresh the target report…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Certify PowerApps custom visual

I know its still in preview but my tenant blocks the use of custom visuals that aren't certified. Can't use the visual and test integration until it becomes certified.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug in scan a barcode

In a scan barcode, after an unsuccessful scan, when you try to scan again, your screen is completely black. That is when no data is associated with the barcode. The flash light still works. This is on iPhone 8 power bi app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export PDF in PowerBI Service also for custom visuals

There was a nice feature released end 2018 / beginning 2019 allowing direct PDF export from PowerBi Service. Unfortunately this does NOT work for custom visuals, as e.g. the hierarchy slicer. I would love to see this feature also working for custom visuals (see also my community post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Export-to-pdf-Bug-Using-hierarchy-slicer/m-p/636281#M63591 )

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update app to use entire iPad Pro 11” screen

Can the iOS app please be updated to make use of the newer iPad Pro screen size (11”)? It’s hard to use the app with limited screen as is, this would be a marked improvement. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Toggle for single-click interaction in Mobile view

Currently on Mobile, a visual must be selected, then another tap will interact with that visual. For many visuals, this is not intuitive and is a poor user experience.

In mobile view, we are creating mobile-friendly views of these visuals, and the extra taps to prevent mis-clicks are not always necessary.

Would love to have a toggle switch to enable single-click interaction over the entire tab or report in mobile view.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support for Python Visuals on web based Power BI

Python Visuals are currently supported only on PBI Desktop. It'd be great to add dashboard/graphs functionality and coding support for the Python Visuals on web based Power BI (app.powerbi.com).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please improve the interface!

The title area slides down over the charts and there's no proven way to get rid of it. There's no proper way to bring up the menu at the bottom either, I have to resort to random clicking and sliding and every time is an experiment in how thay works.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1-Click-Button for Power BI App

When you click on a button which is, for instance, assigned to a bookmark, the first click only activates button so that you have to click a second time to perform the initial action.

This issue only occurs on the mobile app, however, it's a very bad experience for end users.

Proposal: A button should perform its action right after the first click!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Take or Transfer Ownership of a Dataflow

Add the ability to take or transfer ownership of a dataflow to another user. Currently all I see is a message indicating only the owner can edit the dataflow. This is needed to enhance maintainability and enable enterprise level support of a dataflow if the owner is out of office or leaves the company. At least the same take ownership option that is already available with datasets.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Optimize iOS app for iPad Pro

Most of the MS Office apps are fantastic and optimized for the new iPad Pro models, particularly the 11” model with the larger screen. Power BI is not yet, and would be great to make use of the new screen size and capabilities.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Menu bar covers report data, can’t hide

Menu bar covers report page top and can’t hide it. There should be a button to hide menu on the menu instead of just based on scrolling. Please help- I can’t use the filters at the top of my report page.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Amazon Redshift connector for dataflows

Please create Amaazon Redshift connector for dataflows.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Send refresh failure notification email to me for a failed dataflow scheduled refresh

Currently there is no notification option for failed dataflows when they are scheduled to be refreshed.

If it would be possible to have the same email notification that is currently available for dataset refreshes?

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PowerBI connector for Oracle Essbase

This would have a major impact on organisation old Oracle Essbase envs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Admin ability to to clear the RAM/memory within a premium node

Admin ability to to clear the RAM/memory within a premium node. At times the memory seems to run hot and functions seem to be halted due to high memory usage. As an admin, its near impossible to troubleshoot what is consuming memory. If I could clear it out to get things working properly again, that would be great. It would also allow me to troubleshoot the root cause better

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Column Profiling Based on All Rows (Data Profiling)

Loving the new Data Profiling feature. I totally get the logic of only using the first 1000 rows of data to show the Column Profile. But similar to how in the "Filter" Dialog it gives me the option to "Load More". Would like the option to Load the Complete Profile of the Column based on all Data Rows. You can display a warning, if needed to warn the user that this may take a long time depending on the number of rows of data.

It would be nice if there was an option to do this on a specific Column…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Tool Tips for Buttons

There is currently no tool tip for a button. Now that buttons can perform actions, it would be very useful to have the option to add a tool tip (or hover event message) rather than the default "click to follow link".

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to disconnect Capacity Metrics App from Embedded capacity

You've implemented a nice feature Power BI Premium capacity monitoring app. But I don't want to see my Embedded capacities on that app. I have no options to disconnect it. It is just failing to refresh the app dataset when I didn't grant access to Premium on AIM for Embedded.

Please make it flexible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.