Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add A place for development notes

Add the capability for a page that only an Admin can see so that the creator can add notes that describe how they developed the project. ex. definitions of formulas, why a query was written a certain way, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. hourly refresh

Need to add 'Hourly' to the available refresh schedule options. i.e. each hour within a 24hour day. Or allow for up to 24 times...would be nice if there were more than on the hour or half hour also.

178 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export/import Query Edititor steps

Export/import Query Edititor steps so that I may be able to modify flat MDX project files. Trying to modify queries is one of the more painful tasks, and it is all too easy to modify a step which impacts subsequent steps. A flat presentation of a table would make it easier to keep intermediate states during development, mass renames across steps, and open the possibility for 3rd party tools to make writing the queries easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Prevent users from refreshing dashboard

Prevent users from refreshing the dashboard in order to save resources on the backend.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Personal gateway refresh success notification

The personal gateway refresh only notifies when the job fails. Would like a notification when the job succeeds. Have seen the auto refresh get silently disabled (not sure how) and there is no notification that the job isn't running.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: Missing data labels with stacked columns/bar

When we create a column or bar chart, I have noticed that not all data labels are shown if we want to split values based on a categorical variable.

Here is a screenshot showing the bug in question: http://postimg.org/image/qwsbwib17/

I think this bug also stresses the need for allowing callouts for data labels.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filtre sur iPhone

Sur la mob app pour iPhone le slicer est non disponible donc c'est impossible de filtrer les données.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. additional font formatting (bold, italic, underline, etc)

Hi there,

I was hoping that the Power BI team could consider bringing additional font formatting options into Power BI. So wherever there is an option to specify font size, colour and so forth, we should also be able to specify other options such as:

* Bold
    * Italic
    * Underline
    * Strikeout

Also I was wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to allow users to highlight a specific part of a text to format it, instead of formatting the font for the entire object in question.

335 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sort field by another field as or desc

If you select field and use sort by another field you cannot change the direction of sort asc or desc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. scrollbar for legends

Shouldn't it be possible to have a scrollbar for values in the legends. Currently I can't seem to view all of the contents in the legends.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for AD Global Catalog queries

To speed up Active Directory queries within large global organisations, support for direct Global Catalog source should be added. This would be a great help to anyone who is doing AD administration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Power BI - Excel Chart -->Data Table

Currently Excel has the Data Table element as an integrated feature of a chart. This feature enables us to view data corresponding to the data labels of the chart in a separate table below the chart, thereby not haveing a cluttered look and fell of the graph. We would like to have a similar feature in Power BI as we would like to make it the visualaization tool across the organization. Please let me know if this feature already exists and if so how do we approach it. Otherwise do you know of a timeline when we can expect this…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Two dimensions in a Report

Hello community, I' am fairly new to PowerBI and have to prepare an urgent report..Can we have two dimensions in a chart along with a measure?

For example, We need to show Region alongwith AccountName and Profit as measure. I tried doing this stuff but ended up getting a chart which is not presentable.
    To Summarize my requirement is to have a decent chart showing Region and AccountName as dimensions while profit as measure? Kindly help me on this

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export to excel in PowerBI desktop from the current visual state.

Ability to export data to excel from the current state of the visual. I know this has been implemented in a limited way on the powerbi.com service but we need this to be included in the PowerBI desktop as well. Our users need the ability to get the data in excel that made up that particular chart/visual. This is extremely important. PerformancePoint had this feature and our users loved it.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mobile refresh not working

I have an internal tabular model and we use enterprise gateway preview, when using mobile app it does not refresh. We have to go to the web version and refresh the dashboard first then the mobile will update. It would be great to have the mobile app refresh the data source!

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SSAS Actions

Intercept and execute any server actions defined on SSAS Tabular or SSAS MD.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Better to provide boarder for Dashboards

Better to provide boarder for Dashboards in Desktop version as well as in cloud server

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filter Current Year OR Past Year crash

When I try to filter to current Year and Last year at the same time, PowerBi Desktop crash.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Report level filter limits number of displayed items

When creating a report filter on a field that contains many items, the report filter limits the number of listed items. The only way to filter for values not listed is to create an advanced filter which is very cumbersome. This limitation hits in pretty quickly. I have an Excel file with only 500 rows with id and name column and random names from A to Z. The limit kicks in already at F, i.e the report filter scrollbar is all the way down but only values up until F are listed. All the rest of the value from G…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Relative Positioning for Charts/Viz's

With the December Update there is the ability to specify XY coordinates to place visuals on the canvas. I would like to enhance this capability to include Relative Positioning. Meaning using other items on the report canvas to align charts/viz's instead of general XY.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.