Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is het mogelijk om een standaard kleur in te stellen voor bijvoorbeeld een subcategorie en daarna die instelling overal te gebruiken

Een standaard kleur instellen voor bijvoorbeeld subcategorie. daarna die kleur instelling gebruiken voor alle visuals

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On new filter pane, add 'Hide All' option for each filter level.

On the new filter experience, when going into the more options for each filter level (visual, page, all pages), add the ability to show / hide or lock all visuals in one swoop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rule-based conditional formatting for negative percentages

For calculations such as a reverse delta, being able to use rule-based conditional formatting would be helpful for negative percentages. When trying to create a conditional formatting rule for a percentage, inputting a negative value currently prompts you to "please check the logic of this rule".

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Total Per Column Waterfall Chart

It would be great to have a toggle for displaying the total values per column in a waterfall chart; currently, we can only display the change in value. In many applications, I would like to show the total value.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hide Publisher's Name/Email From New Look

There should be a tenant setting in Admin controls to hide/remove the report publisher's name and email from the top of the report screen when viewing a report. I have hundreds of users looking at my reports and would rather not have my information readily available for them to all contact me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Formatting in the traditional tool horizontal ribbon or a popup window (like Excel)

Hi, there's a great range of formatting options but they're all squished into a tiny vertical space beneath the visuals pane. It's really easy to miss an option as you scroll & hard to see the impact if you've got several vertical panes open.
    In the meantime, the traditional horizontal ribbon at the top is just sat there doing nothing. It would be great if the formatting (& visualisations) were accessible as a tab in the top ribbon like it is in Excel and/or as a pop up window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Hardware Accelerated Rendering (GPU accelerated Analytics)

With the advent of NVLINK from NVidia and how a few analytics groups are starting to leverage the GPU resources for database and analytics tasks - this would be useful to start reviewing/including in sql server as well as SSRS / Power BI (where applicable).
    WebGL is currently used in many tools that leverages client side GPU resources in the browser. this request is more for the server level.
    there's a few reasons for this.
    This makes a lot of sense in SOME cases :
    I. CPU and the system RAM currently in use is hitting a wall in performance…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reset to Default Button Color

After this new look has been applied to Power Bi service, the Reset to default button color is changing with the theme. Previously it was yellow color all the time. It will be nice I think if we have control to change the color or it can be permanently yellow color. Yellow is a contrast color & will be easy for the user to see that filter has been applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Power BI interface is Gross

New Power BI interface is Gross

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove unwanted filters cluttering filter pane

Right now I often have around 10 fields incorporated in a visual. I like to include alot of relevant data points as tooltips. Because every used field jumps to the filter pane, the filter pane gets very cluttered with filters I do not care about. For instance, when I create a map using latitude and longitude, there are automatically filters for these fields. I will never want to filter based on these fields. I find myself having to scroll way down to the bottom of the filter page to drag/drop desired fields into the filter pane.

Additionally, I usually want…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Select more than one option when filter

When i have sales per month for example i dont have the option to use the ‘control button’ on ios , so once i select a month i cant select 2-3-4 or them , only one is possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Measure sorting (schema view)

When building models, usually a large amount of measures created but many not used later. It would be good to map measures in a schema, i.e. clicking on a measure and it would show in the schema where it is used, so one can easily delete the unused ones and hand over a clean model.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Conditional Formatting for Scatter Chart backgrounds

It would be great if we were able to conditionally format the background of scatter graphs. With the play axis it is easy to see change over time, but not always obvious when the data you're seeing is good or bad.

I have added an example below which shows risk exposure vs risk allowance. When risk exposure is greater than risk allowance this is bad and vice versa. I have achieved this with a transparent scatter chart and a background. I could also have added an image to the plot area. Either way though the background is not dynamic so…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. top n

Slicer that allows for top n e.g. 10, 50, 100 etc. and not at page filter.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Data updates for publishing to web side reports

Today, I created a report connected to oracle database on power bi desktop and published it to the power bi web side.However, I encountered a problem when updating the data. I was able to refresh the data on both desktop and bi web.I can't refresh the data in the link where I published the report. The new data is just a flash in the link, and after loading it, I still use the data that was displayed when I published it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. subscription to be modified by multiple members

We have a group of people using Power BI reports, in which a Subscription is created by me is not visible by others. If we have an option to show the subscriptions like public or private in which public subscription can be visible for all the members who have access for those reports/part of subscription emails where as private subscription be visible only to the one who created.

This will help others to modify the Subscriptions when creator is not available

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. sing in Power BI Desktop forever

How can I sing in Power BI Desktop forever or one time for day? I daily update more pbix files and it does it mean more times sing in Power BI Desktop. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow filters in the url for an embedded report

Right now it is possible, to open an report through an url filterd by Attributes in the link (add ?filter at the end of the url). This is not possible for a link to an embedded url.

Please add the same filter function from the standard url to the embedded url.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  APIs and Embedding  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.