Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Analyze in Excel should be an option at the report level

Currently in order to disable Analyze in Excel you have to disable both that feature and Export Data at the tenant level.

We use a lot of drillthrough tables with the only the data fields we want the users to see and they should have the option to Export Data to excel. So in order to disable Analyze in Excel, we have to disable Export Data and that will not work for us. We need the ability to have the option to turn Analyze in Excel on or off at the report level in PBI Desktop or in the Report…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need the ability to disable See Records feature in a visual

The See Records feature can be both helpful and harmful. Harmful in the way that we don't want users to see most of the underlying data and just see counts. For those users that can see confidential data it is ok to see the records.

Some of our fields are already calculated in the Query Editor so they are not measures. Therefore when we select the fields for our visuals it causes too many confidential fields to be exposed. There should be a way disable the See Records feature per visual. It should NOT be defaulted!!!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Stop Refresh" in Power BI Desktop - (Stop Refresh for Model and Visuals)

When Power BI Desktop gets loaded with certain amount of data and 10-15 measures are created. Power BI starts to be really slow.

It would be good to have a feature to say - "Stop Refresh"

Once option is on, you would be allowed to create measures, visuals without immediate change. And as this change is not happening the perfromance would not be an issue anymore.

Once you create your measures, you un-stop the model and everything get's recalculated.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. File Explorer not responding

It also requires to manage different folder, sub folders, and files etc. In every operating system of Windows subsequent to Widows 95, file manager is there to accomplish the tasks of managing files and folders. This is the reason why file explorer is also known as Windows explorer. In short, File explorer is a wonderful file management system.
    For more information visit us: https://www.itbalm.com/blog/file-explorer-not-responding/
    Call us: +1(866)213-3111

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. +1(866)379-1999 How to solve netflix error 1.1

Netflix is a popular online streaming company and releases many applications for smartphone users. After subscribing to one of their plans, you can easily use their services. Many times, Android users are experience an error message on their Netflix application
    For visit us: https://www.gmailcustomer.co/how-to-solve-netflix-error-1-1/
    Call us: +1(866)319-1999

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bring Back the Quick Access Toolbar for Power BI Desktop Preview

It was recently learned that the Quick Access Toolbar will be removed from the next public preview of the new Power BI Desktop program using the new toolbar experience. Link to Discovery ( https://twitter.com/kimmanis/status/1182753802270560258?s=20 )

The Quick Access toolbar is needed to speed up report development. Please release the Power BI Desktop with new toolbar that includes the Quick Access Toolbar....

See article on how it is best used today.. https://powerbi.tips/2019/07/quick-access-toolbar-for-the-win/

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Conditional formating on linear or area chart ?

Is it possible to have the same feature of conditional formating as the stacked chart or card chart for the linear or surface chart ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. rocketmail password reset

How to reset Rocketmail password, if have any query related password change and reset then contact to Rocketmail password reset phone number, a round the clock service center for valued customers. Password reset provide by alternate number send verification code. Verify the code use and set the new password.
    For more infromation visit us: https://www.itbalm.com/blog/rocketmail-password-reset/
    Call us: +1(866)213-3111

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. FutureProofing for Known Header Changes - Power Query

Scenario:

While I am building a report, I determine that a field name needs to change at the source in a SQL server, but still need to move forward with my current report. I send a note to the dev group to make that change, but still rename it for now in the query. Unfortunately, when the dev team fixes it upstream, my report will then break - at some point in the future.

Ask: If a header name change made in an applied step is then reflected upstream [same name as the query attempts to change it to] then…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improved slicer / filter pane functionality

I would like the following enhancements for slicers / filter panes:

1. The ability to copy/paste a large set of values into a slicer or filter. For example, if I have a list of 200 patient medical record numbers, it would be great if I could copy/paste those values into a Power BI slicer or filter, so that a report could easily be filtered on this list.

2. I'd like the ability to sort the list of values in a slicer / filter using a different column or measure. Other than the default "use another column" sort that can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Connect from Power BI Desktop to data source using gateway credential

Allow to define a Power BI report in Power BI Desktop for data sources that support Power Bi data gateway without having to know exact connection string and associated credential

Introduce Get Data->Through Gateway option for these datasources - this would enumerate Gateways associated to a subscription of the PBI Desktop User, allow him to choose the one (if he was added to Gateway User's tab) and see connection string types and descriptive names. Then let him pick the connection and connect through Gateway to datasource like the service does.
    This would eliminate need for credential sharing for report designers…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How to recover hacked gmail account

Gmail is an e mailing service by Google. Gmail is the dominator in the industry, having thousands of millions of users and growing. It is safe and secured, user friendly platform to interact with other people. Users have capabilities to send and receive emails including the attachments.
    For more ingormation visit us: http://www.letsassists.com/blog/how-to-recover-hacked-gmail-account/
    Call us: +1(866)379-1999

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto expand of formula bar

When I'm in the report function designing my dashboards, it annoys the **bleep** out of me that each time when I click on a custom table/ custom column the formula bar expands by default. 9 out of 10 times I'm not even interested in the formula bar.

Would be nice if there is a function to disable the formula bar in Report or open it by default as 1 visible line?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How to fix DHCP Error

Once you’ve enabled DHCP, make sure to reboot your router to apply any changes. If after rebooting you continue to receive an error message and cannot connect to your network, it’s time to run the network troubleshooting tool for Windows-based computers.
    For more information visit us: http://www.letsassists.com/blog/how-to-fix-dhcp-error/
    Call us: +1(866)379-1999

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Sequence Feature

In a Number field whenever there is a 0, then we should be able to implement sequence automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Formatting of Fields added to values

Add the ability to format measures creating by adding a field to the values section. For exampled, if I add ID into values and have it sum, I cannot format the number and instead have to create an actual measure of COUNT(ID) to format it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Relative date filtering for custom date range

I want to use Relative data filtering for available date ranges in the data..

for example.. lets say iam working for data which is old while today's month is Oct, i would like to filter.. (LAST) 1 (MONTH) for the data that i have from Jan to Aug, so that filter must give me the output of whole july month

if the solution for this problem has already been provided. i would like to get a link for it.

Thanks in advance :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Slicer providing a choice of dimension

I've created a slicer which provides a choice of dimension, using the following common method :-

1) Creating a bridge table by duplicating the main table then unpivoting the columns

2) Creating a slicer table by duplicating the bridge table, removing the index & value columns, then removing duplicates.

This works fine, however now I wish include another item in the choice of columns in the slicer, but this item comes from another table linked to the main table ! Is this possible ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How to solve Netflix error 1.1

Netflix is a popular online streaming company and releases many applications for smartphone users. After subscribing to one of their plans, you can easily use their services. Many times, Android users are experience an error message on their Netflix application ‘There is a problem playing the video. (1.1)’,
    For more information visit us: https://www.gmailcustomer.co/how-to-solve-netflix-error-1-1/
    Call us : +1(866)379-1999

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 169 170
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.