Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be really useful if you could save the PowerBI file to sharepoint. Then you could work collaboratively

It would be really useful if you could save the PowerBI file to sharepoint. Then you could work collaboratively and it would be updated regularly and more easily shareable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. upstream data latency information in the data updated metadate field in the "new look:

If you have an upstream data source that has some amount of latency you want to show when the data is current through, not just when the model was refreshed. It would be great if you could pipe a query directly into the model freshness metadata display in the new look so that a consistent view of data freshness is presented to the reader

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep group names in sync between Power BI and Office365

When a group that is a member of an application is renamed, application's access still shows old group name.
    According to PBI product team, access list queries PBI Store instead of O365 store...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lock a report from being deleted in your workspace.

Add the ability for an admin of a workspace to lock certain reports, apps, datasets, etc. so that they cannot be deleted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide installation media for older versions of PowerBI Desktop

It's not possible to uninstall older versions of PowerBI Desktop if you lose the installer .msi file for that version. You may be able to get it from 3rd party websites, but this isn't secure for obvious reasons. At least, it would be nice if the support teams were able to provide .msi installer packages for older versions so that users are able to uninstall old versions and install newer versions or the click-to-run client from the Microsoft store without having to risk infecting their computers downloading random files from the Internet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve gateway table in Power Platform Admin Portal

The device name and gateway version should be included in the table and I shouldn't need to expand a flyout to see those details. Also I should be able to export to Excel/CSV.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. deregister a gateway via Power Platform Admin Portal

As a tenant administrator i need to control which gateways are registered in my tenant. I can block users from creating new on premise data gateways but I can't block them from setting up personal gateways. I would like the ability to remove gateways from my tenant if I do not want them used

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Navigation builder "Section level security"

The new navigation builder is awesome for published apps, but it would be great to control access/visibility of sections to certain users of the application.

We avoid creating multiple app workspaces for multiple groups because it has become too difficult to manage, especially when publishing the same report to multiple workspaces that are filtered slightly differently.

Essentially, if I am in a specific business line, I should only see my business line's "section" in the new navigation builder based on how the workspace admin sets the security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. URGENT: Edit and read-only for external users

We urgently need a bug-fix for the situation we are facing: We need to configure a group (security groups) of external users being able to edit reports in our workspace (thats possible) AND another group of external users for read-only access only. Furthermore all users need RLS to access the data.

Currently it is not possible to implement read-only access together with RLS. Hameed from Support is involved.

Please fix the problem or inform about a workaround. :-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A too/feature is needed to convert classic workspace to new workspace

The new workspace has been the default workspace type. However, currently there is no way to convert a classic workspace to new workspace. A tool or feature is needed to do this job. We have many classic workspaces, and we wish to convert them to new work spaces.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. user as parameter

We have defined user access roles set up in our database. TO get this to work with PowerBI.com we need to be able to pass the user account or email address as a parameter while using DirectQuery.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. UI for manage storage does not display premium capacity storage which is 100 TB

UI for manage storage does not display premium capacity storage which is 100

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View the related data sources of the report

Under usage metrics, the admin should be able to view the related data sources of the report or identify the reports that are using a particular data source.
    For ex: We want to view all the reports that are using ADLS as a data source.
    This could be involved under usage metrics or any other UI. This will help the organizations in identifying the usage of different data sources, how many users are interacting with this report, how many times this is viewed or shared.
    This is a request from many users from different organization.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Bookmarks Update

Right now is not possible to know which objects are part of a bookmark, so every time that I need to update a bookmark I need to remember which objects were part of that bookmark, and it is a lot of work if you have many objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A Way to Extract Basic, Power BI Structural Information (workspaces, reports, tabs and users)

Right now I have over 25 different workspaces, 50+ different reports, and well over 300 tabs. It would be great if there was a way within the Power BI ecosystem to extract and document this information to help with master data management and data governance.

A system to extract not only what existed, but what reports existed within each workspace and what tabs existed in each report (tab names and status (hidden/unhidden), etc).

A way to document the users that had access to each workspace is also crucial as we continue to expand.

Right now this recording is manual and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add subscription send time offset relative to dataset refresh

This may be a specific problem that my team is facing but we are trying to explore the subscription capabilities to push powerbi reports out to relevant parties. We have set it up to send the subscriptions post dataset refresh once daily. Unfortunately we receive a picture of an error message instead of a picture of the report page itself. (Error message: Unable to load the model).

My suspicion is that the powerbi reports haven't had enough time to load the refreshed data model before it's being sent out through the subscriptions. (Our powerbi reports are "thin reports" that grab…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to export individual visuals

Be able to export individual visuals to other platforms such as powerpoint or excel. Being able to export and use existing visuals in other formats.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow Scheduled Refresh to continue even if only using Analyse in Excel

Currently if you only use Analyse in Excel and do not go to the Reports or Dashboards then after 2 months the overnight scheduled refresh is "paused" until you go back and visit a Report / Dashboard.

Excel combined with Power BI is an extremely effective way to provide various internal reports but currently after 2 months it suddenly "stops". Why can't Power BI continue or at least put a feature on the scheduled refresh so that it does not "pause" after 2 months!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.