Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to create conditional RLS for Multiple roles in Power BI?

How to create conditionally Multiple roles in Power BI Desktop for example, if you have one role for Automatic access and Other roles are Manual how we can achieve such type of security in Power BI Desktop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Issue with Fixed Column Width for Matrix and Table Visual

Matrix visual does not Support Fixed column width in Power BI Desktop

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Usage Metrics Reports time range

The Usage Metrics Reports need to have a longer span than 30 days. Most organisations report quarterly, 6 monthly, or yearly at a minimum. Please fix and backdate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Declutter the home page

I have more than 150 users and many are confused by the home page when navigating to a report. Instead of a single, simple navigation path, they can find a report on the home page under Favorites + frequents; or under Recents; or Shared With Me. Alternatively, they can navigate to a workspace, either by clicking on Workspaces on the main page of the home page; or Workspaces in the panel on the left and then look for the report. Alternatively, they can click on Shared With Me on the left panel of the home page, or Favorites, and then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Highlighting Across Pages

I have a report with two or three key visuals whereby it would be helpful to use the highlighting feature across pages when one of those is selected. It allows you to see the proportion that something contributes to a visual - for example by region, by brand, by segment, etc. Very surprised this is not in existence.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. scatter plot that works like an actual scatter plot

Can we please get a standard visual for a scatter plot that acts just a an actual (scientific) scatter plot is meant to i.e. that just plots points (x,y coordinates), without any summarization? E.g. not trying to plot sums or counts or averages? That same as is in excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Avatars / Badges on chart axis's or visuals itself

Hello,

I think there are multiple use cases to enchase visuals using images, maybe in a very limited manner (maybe small badgelike bubbles) so it would be possible to have Avatars / Badges on the axis if it is Brands or People on the axis as example.

Also images could make great use as markers for same reason.

Thanks for considering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Never allow Production Power BI reports to stop working without any notification, ie., TLS 1.2

it’s extremely frustrating when Microsoft’s Power BI reports stop working for multiple clients all of the sudden for NO REASON. This is what happened due to TLS 1.2 upgrades.

This reflects poorly on Microsoft. It raises doubt on the reliability of using PowerBI.

Rather than stop working unexpectedly, it would be preferable for the reports to show, but have a warning message embedded saying that “Security components need to be upgraded, follow link to resolve. Please contact Administrator”. This would allow clients to continue to use reports, and give developers time to resolve, and a link to how to resolve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share feature

In the Share feature, there should be a feature to "Send Communication" with a new message to the existing emails that have access such as "All, a new report has been posted. Please use this link to access the updated report." You should be able to easily select those people if you want all of them or just a few. I currently have to retype everyones email I want to send the new report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. hide all labels for column

Select to hide all existing values for a column - also including potential new values. The current solution enable you to costumize the current outcome for a column, but will show new values by default in the labels. Could be nice to be able to dynamically show labels for a column and not by value. This is the case when a dimension is the axis.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We would like Shape map available for India and its states

We would like Shape map available for India and its states. It should allow us to customize the data with increase/decrease in no. of districts

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The usage of custom fonts should be easier in power bi

Please provide the option to upload a theme easily for including custom fonts in power bi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow downloading pbix file from service for report with incremental refresh

Hi, Currently if a report has incremental refresh enabled, we can't download the pbix. Can we have a limit option set there to decide the amount of data we'd want to download or atleast a limited amount of data.
    Say For example, while publishing i published 20mn rows (till June 2020) and then by August the numbers increased to 30mn, i should be able to download the file still.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show all legends in a report

We need the ability to show all of the legends in a report. the current configuration is very limiting and with 8 point font only shows 7 legends.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Ability to Arrange Order of Stacked Area Visuals

I have a horizontal line plotted on my Stacked Area chart - but this is only useful for the bottom area since stacking may exceed the horizontal line.

To make use of this, I'd like the ability to specify the order of areas and how they are stacked.

For example, the threshold line would apply to the bottom-most area of the visual, others could be stacked above it.

I'd imagine this would be via an interface where I could drag the area name order (maybe via the legend) and the one on the bottom would be displayed on the bottom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Lock 'Drill on' to either Rows or Columns

The 'Drill on' option that appears in the Visual Header defaults to Rows. It would be good to be able to choose which option to display as you could hide this part of the Visual Header if you only want to drill on a specific dimension. I use the Expand/Collapse icons to allow users to drill on rows so would want to only drill on columns using the drill down functionality

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow guest users to see the same bread crumb navigation for workspaces as internal users

Currently when a guest user gets added to a Power BI workspace he doesn't see the workspace. Only when he receives a direct link to a shared report, he can at least see the report. To see the workspace content a guest user needs to add the "CTID" parameter with his tenant id to the workspace URL to see the workspace content view. Providing the normal navigation in the same way as for an internal user would help tremendously. Or better even provide an org switcher like in Azure or Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. End of Month Email Subscription

Adding an option in the report subscriptions to send emails on the end of the month rather than requesting the day of the month i.e. the 28th.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Exact/Wildcard match in filter search

Currently slicer/filter assumes I want to search anywhere in the value name. If my value is named "xyz" I need to scroll through all values with "xyz" to find the specific value named "xyz".

Using wildcards would provide better control of that search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Embed Report

We have already wrote a code to embed powerbi report but it gives me error like socketexception.Can we required change setting in admin portal or we need to change code?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 182 183
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.