Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reference original workspace for shared datasets

Thank you THANK YOU for implementing shared and certified datasets in the Power BI service! Since any new workspace can potentially be used to store promoted and certified datasets, once a user starts publishing reports from those datasets in other workspaces, it seems difficult to see in which workspace the dataset actually resides.

When looking at the "View Related" information for the published report, it would be very helpful if the workspace for the dataset were referenced in the Datasets section of that window. For example:

If I publish a report called "Awesome Report" and its source is a certified…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Bookmarks Natively in New App Navigation Experience

I currently have a column of buttons for users to be able to easily navigate the report through bookmarks.

It is not the prettiest thing unfortunately and many time users don't use them because they think that by clicking a button they are going to be taken to a different page. Blows my mind.

It would be great if I could just get rid of this column of buttons and move the bookmarks to the navigation experience. I tried to URL option using the bookmarks guid but unfortunately it has to reload the page and I'm not even sure if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring Your Own Button

Buttons are great for navigating around a report. The ability to specify Default, On Hover and On Click attributes gives the ability to create the feel of a modern web app.

I want to be able to take any icon (SVG, PNG) and be able to apply the same effects to them. For example, I could take my company logo, apply a background fill and add text when I hover the mouse and link this to my website.

This would open up a whole new world of customization and next level reports.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring back cortana integration

Per this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-cortana-enable Cortana Integration is stopped from June 11, 2019. Please bring back this great feature. We were working on this to enable executives to have quick access to various sales reports.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Separación de categoría

Es posible que en el gráfico circular las categorías puedan separarse por un espacio, entre leyenda, porcentaje, etc. para que la presentación sea mas legible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We dont have alternate formatting feature for columns. To differentiate between can we have alternate column feature

I have "Customer Type" in values field and MTD, QTD, YTD in values

Can I change another color for "Customer type" so that I should be able to see "Customer Type", "NewCustomer", "ExistingCustomer" in different color.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. go back to how it was

you have updated power BI, I want to view the desktop version the way it was previously. it was displayed in black on the right hand side now its in dull grey and is not very clear. please allow me to revert back to the view before the poor upgrade

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Data driven subscription for Paginated Reports in Power BI

As paginated reports are now part of Power BI premium, the option of have data driven subscription as in SSRS will be a must needed feature to complete migration to the Power BI world.

Technically by getting the parameter values from a dataset table.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Drill through from visuals to other pages of report

Say I have a bar graph showing Annual Sales by Sales Regions, I want to be able to right click on one of those Region's bars and drill through to a page breaking down that region. I can do that with charts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Users to switch between Basic, Advanced, and Relative Date in Filter Pane

It would be helpful if our read-only users have the ability to choose between basic, relative, and advanced filtering on a Date. For example, the end user wants a report to be defaulted to be "in this month" (relative) but wants the ability to see that same report using a date range (advanced) or choose specific dates (basic). Our end users do not have edit access to produciton reports.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to add background color to x/y axis

You have the option to change the entire background color for an entire report (ex Line Chart) but it would be nice to be able to change the background for the X/Y axis values and titles only. It would frame the actual data points of the line chart.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be nice to add background color to x/y axis

You have the option to change the entire background color for an entire report (ex Line Chart) but it would be nice to be able to change the background for the X/Y axis values and titles only. It would frame the actual data points of the line chart.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Use tool tip pages from another report in the current one

If you hover over a matrix, it should be possible to display tool tip pages from another report and not only from the current one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. QR Code in report builder

Hi, I would like to be able to use the QR Code Generation capability from Power BI Report Builder, and publish the report to the Power BI Service. I would use the QR Code in printed reports to direct users back to a more fully interactive report in the Power BI service. This would mean users of printed reports could still print but would also benefit from a newer interactive version.

I would like to also use the URL string parameters to filter to a specific item in a report so that someone could see just the item they are…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Link Visual Header Tooltip to Visual Interactions

Provide ability for visual header tooltips to be filtered by interactions of the visual. An example would be showing a date range when a date slicer interacts with a visual vs when it doesn't. This functionality works with regular Tooltips, but not when added to the Visual Header.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A way to share a secure report to multiple users outside our organization without end-user having to have Power BI Pro license.

Best way to describe the issue is to think of a customer report which contains information of the service our company has provided to the customer. The customer is the end-user, but we cannot be sure that all customers can/will have a Power BI Pro license. Customers cannot be able to see each others information.

Could there be a way to make a login prompt option to a report? This way we could embed the report and the customer could login into the report with credentials we have provided?

The Premium Capacity is just too expensive to implement for a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to point Microsoft Teams to a specific page in a Power bi report

Currently you can add a Power bi report to a Microsoft Teams page but you cannot request it to point to a specific page within a report - where we have one report with several pages it would be really useful if this could be adopted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sort matrix columns by a value not part of a matrix

I have an Outlet Buying Matrix
    It includes columns of Account and Months.
    Initially, I can only arrange alphabetically of Account. Please make that I can arrange by Sales.
    But Sales data is not part of the matrix, it's like it will sort using that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. drillthrough functionallity in the "Multi-row card" visualization

Hi guys,

It would be very useful to have the drillthrough funcionality in the "Multi-row card" visualization.

This visual is very usuful to have a nice and clean vision of the data in the report on the powerbi web/mobile and if we need to filter one data on another page with more details, this ideia would be useful.

Anyone else think this as well??

Kind regards,
    Gabriel Sakai

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 165 166
  • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.