Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reset to default should stop hiding filter pane

Right now when I click the Reset to Default button on my published Power BI report, the button not only resets to my default state, but it also removes the filter pane, which I do not want it to do. The report was published with the filter panes showing so users could alter select filters. But the reset makes the pane disappear and this state is not part of my default settings when the report was published.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Report Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to change the parameter values on the dashboard itself

My organization use (PBIRS) but it has huge data and it's the effect on our performance.
    It would be great; if you can add the ability to change the parameter values on the dashboard itself. In this mount, it's working only by change values from the toolbar edit parameter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Push TopN Logic for DirectQuery Visuals to Database

DirectQuery could be made much more effective if one could limit the amount of records fetched from the database.

Say you have a million record table and you just want the top 100 records. Power BI gives you the TopN filter in the visual when using DirectQuery, but it still asks the database for all million records before keeping the top 100.

If the database is already sorting the query by the measure provided to TopN filter why not just have Power BI send the select TOP(1000001) ... query to the database as select TOP(101) ... that way Power BI…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. GITHUB IS NOT MY ADMINISTRATOR YOU ARE CHANGING MY SETTINGS I DONT WANT YOU ON MY ACCOUNT PRIVATE HOME USE NOT SCHOOL OR WORK STOP HACKING

STOP CHANGING SETTINGS AND BEING ADMINSTRATOR TO MY PERSONAL LAPTOP I DIDNT GIVE YOU PERMISSING UNATTACH NOW OR I WILL FILE WITH THE COURTS OR DOJ STOP HACKING PERSONAL PEOPLES SHIT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Custom Format for Scheduled Automated e-Mail Triggers

Hi,

Custom Formats should be made available when we trigger Automated e-mail Triggers.

A few features like this is available in Power BI Robots (why cant we have these made available in Power BI mainstream too?)

Regards,
    Vignesh Raja

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Power BI On-Prem

We installed Power BI On-prem in our environment. After assessing the application, we figured that users with Power BI Pro license have an option in Power BI Desktop App to "Publish a report to cloud" or "Save as a report to Power BI On-prem report server". Having an option to publish to cloud would defeat the purpose of an On-prem installation. I would recommend having a separate build of "Power BI Desktop App" for On-prem only installation, which does not provide an option to publish report to cloud.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Url parameter (pageName) to specify page of PowerBI Report in PBI RS

In Power BI Report server (on-prem) it would be nice, if we were able to specify the landing page of a PowerBI report using an url-parameter, in the same way as it is possible in the service using ?pageName=Page2

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 手机如何连接报表服务器

手机应该如何连接报表服务器,服务器地址是192.168.***.1**,用此地址连接显示连接地址无效

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Security - Managing users

When managing security you have to know the Username of the user you wish to add, not by User principle name or by Display name.
    Our company user name are a employee Id. So it's not possible to know by looking who has permissions. This makes it difficult to find a user without asking or do AD searches outside of Report Server. Please enhance the security users to show Display name, or by user principle name so it can more obvious who access is assigned, we try to use groups when we can. However there is away exceptions.

Report server…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Report server - Refresh Error Page

Admin space showing all refresh failures on PBI Report Server. I would like a page on the Report Server where I can see all refresh failures on the server and an option to pick and choose which ones to run again. Today I have a paginated report with a subscription every day that lets me know which reports failed, but then have to go into the Management screen for each individual report to diagnose and re-run it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Report Server and RS desktop release documentation

There is a great release history for desktop here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update-archive
    Similar documentation is needed for Report Server and also for RSDesktop. Having to dig for the information in blog posts and announcements is not user-friendly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Upload a modified dashboard without having to upload all the data again

When I upload a dashboard to our premium space, I get asked if I want to upload the data too, since the same data is already present online. If I click on cancel, it doesn't upload my changes; if I click OK, I have to wait for my data to be uploaded. Why can't we simply upload changes to the dashboard itself without the data? When the data is big, it's quite a pain in the a** to wait after having modified a simple title, for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show the word Favourites (rather than Favorites) for UK users

My Windows display language is set to English (United Kingdom) yet I see "Favorites" (the US spelling) in place of "Favourites" (the UK spelling) in Power BI Report Server (on premise) v15.0.1102.597

If I change my Windows 10 preferred language to French and restart the browser (IE 11) I get "Favoris", which is as expected

So it appears that "Favourites" has been misspelt somewhere

Please can this be corrected

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatic refresh function

Automatic refresh function is not working without creating own report for each of the tabs, and even then, the refresh has to be made for every browser window separately.

That is not as smooth as the simply reloading the data by clicking the Refresh-button. In cloud Power BI version this problem can be solved putting URL parameter as reportSectionGUID for each tab. It is a shame that the same function is not available at on-prem version.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let Users change parameter Value from dashboard by input of Power BI Service

I have been looking around for any way to let users input value in parameter in the same page not going to -> Home -> Editor Queries -> Edit parameters this way only by one user can change value but that will not working for many users. this a example for the SQL statement
    SELECT *

FROM test

WHERE id = @Test_ID

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After publishing an app if we unselect some of the options it is not reflected in app

There a couple things that I want to suggest.

1.)When we are about to publish an app on the Permissions tab, "Allow all users to connect to the app's underlying datasets using the Build permission" and "Allow user to make a copy of the reports in this app" SHOULD NOT be checked as a default.

2.) If an app was originally published with "Allow all users to connect to the app's underlying datasets using the Build permission" option checked, but later unselected, it is not keeping the new settings and Analyze in Excel is still available.

This is similar to…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. On PBI Report Server, add ability to edit parameters.

In PBI Desktop for Report Server, you can edit your parameters. When report is deployed to the Power BI Report Server, you can edit the parameters on the server. I believe this capability already exists on the PBI Service.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. enable many to many relationships

enable many to many relationships (also for direct query) @ power bi desktop for report server

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow users to update data - Limited N times per X hour

Every single user things the "refresh" button allows them to get the latest data off the data source. It's completely misleading but it has also setup a "desire" that they all want control over.

It would be amazing if, at least on report server if not the service, we are able to allow users to update the data and limit each user (or global limit on report) by N number of refreshes in 24 hours (or X hours).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.