Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XMLA read only for PRO Users

there a some data analytics we like to do in Python, I know we can use the data source but having access to the same data Model is better for consistency and using same source of truth, currently it is not possible as XMLA is premium only and we have only PRO license.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Power BI deployment pipelines (Preview) for Pro users

Please make Power BI deployment pipelines available for Pro users.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hide non-Power BI workspaces

Currently, all workspaces are shown in the Power BI service page. I am member of many Groups created in Teams or otherwise. These appear in the list of workspaces in Power BI, while they have nothing to do with it. It destroys our capability of organizing according to naming convention.
    Leaving or removing workspaces obviously doesn't solve things.
    Provide a possibility to assign a workspace as a Power BI workspace or otherwise.Only if it's a Power BI workspace whould it be shown.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create custom URL for your App

It would be great if we replace https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/reports/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ReportSectionxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    with a customized, shortened url, like https://app.powerbi.com/coolreport

A common sharing pattern for us: a report creator publishes their App (on Premium) and then shares the URL as a hyperlink in an email or other written communication.

Because the all the Power BI Service urls are long collections of GUIDs, and because a Report creator can get lost in whether they're in the Workspace or the App, people often share the Workspace url, and then their stakeholders get confused and miffed when they click on the exciting new report and are told they…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Possibility to subscribe to report with table filling more than one page. If you have a table that is taller than one page.

When having built a report with a table that is a little longer than exactly one page, it would be nice to still be able to see the rest of the table when you subsribe to that report.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guided Training Features for Individual Reports

I would like to be able to create guided training for individual reports and apps. Training would be for end-users, and could automatically display the first time a report/app is accessed. This could be simple popups that highlight key navigation components in a report, as well as show users how to access specific data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Office 365 Backup Tool

Shoviv Office 365 Backup & Restore is another secure and effective software to take a backup of Office 365 mailbox data into PST file. The software also helps users to restore the PST file to Office 365 account with ease. The software is compatible with all MS Outlook and Office 365 versions.

lots of office 365 admin think there is no need of backup office 365 mailboxes cause of its running on the cloud but what happens when you reach to a maximum limit of storage, at that point, you have two option either you can delete heavy attachments/unrelated emails…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. save the pbix file if it is getting closed at any time by system updates.

This happen with me several times. All of sudden some patch has restarted the machine and I lost my work because was `not able to save. And It didn't save by its own and forced closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Search Column Names in Power BI service

We need the ability to search across all column names in all datasets, dataflows, reports, and dashboards in the Power BI service. This is a basic BI function that separates older and newer platforms from Power BI. Currently search appears limited to the names of the tables/datasets/dataflows/reports/dashboards. I need to be able to search for a specific column without knowing the original dataset.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HTML Viewer is a market place visual to view HTML content - Should get Microsoft Certified

We have many many customers who use the Power BI reports printed on Power Point for their executive meetings. These reports have HTML viewer as a visual that contains HTML content . When the user exports these reports to Power Point , the HTML Viewer visual gives error "this visual does not support exporting" because IT IS NOT CERTIFIED BY MICROSOFT. Please consider this visual to get certified as it is crucial for business across the board for BI Reporting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ditching Power BI Pro

Why in the world would I use this if I have to get my customer or organization to purchase a bunch of licenses for Power BI Pro? Make Office 365 license a little more expensive so I don't have to get stuck every time I want to use one of your products!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. power of vb in power BI

We can give some space for macros and vba code including some GUI functionality

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gauges Changing Monthly

Allow the target value of a gauge to change by month. Look at your yearly target value by month instead of the overall year.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a Desription for Published Apps

Add a Desription for Published Apps
    In the app list there is only a title. A description would be useful!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CHALLENGING WORKSPACES AND APPS NAVIGATION - NO FILTERS AVAILABLE - NO GROUPING

Navigating through workspaces is very tough when we have a lot of them. No filters are available (impossible to filter on what's premium vs shared capacity, no filters based on criteria, creation dates, owners...). Pretty much same feedback for apps. This is really slowing down adoption and confusing end users as they have to navigate through real workspaces vs automatically generated Teams site workspaces for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Teams tab embedding for Power BI

There is currently an option to add a Power BI report as a tab in Teams. This is however a limited feature.

• Adding a Power BI App is not possible. With apps promoted by Power BI team as a recommended way to share content in an organization it does not make sense that the main collaboration tool (Teams) is not able to relate to them.

• Adding a report as a website does not work (any more). This used to be the workaround for my organization to make apps available as a teams tab. Now, clicking on the tab, the users…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How to Split PST file in Outlook 2019/2016

When the size of the PST file passes the highest file size limit, it could struggle you towards awkward situations of data loss and broken data items. The more a PST grows in size, the more it becomes a major reason of concern for Outlook users. So, you must adopt a third-party tool to maintain Outlook PST file size and control your system from running out of space. Nowadays, PST files are more vulnerable to corruption as they run in Unicode format and large PST size also degrades the performance of Outlook.
    Hence, we have suggested possible workarounds for splitting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shared Datasets: Save as to a workspace besides My Workspace

I LOVE Shared Datasets. It would be great if we could save as a report from one Workspace to Another. This would enable departments to make official reports their own by customizing them for their own (shared) purposes.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable Double Left-Click Drill Down, Double Right-Click Drill Up

Enable x2 Left-Click Drill-Down, x2 Right-Click Drill-Up

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.