Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You cannot see which reports are related to which dashboards on the App landing page unless you go into the relationship view.

You cannot see which reports are related to which dashboards on the App landing page unless you go into the relationship view. It would be helpful to see these relationships on the landing page when you go into the Dashboard from the App menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. apply query timer

Apply Query Timer
    Can we please get a simple timer showing how long the query has been applying/loading.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. About Power BI web part features

I want the following features for the Power BI web part:

-The screen can be changed from the Power BI web part so that the report in the Power BI service can be referenced directly.

-From the Power BI web part, you can check which workspace the report referenced by the web part belongs to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. restrict promote

Restrict the ability to Promote dataflows, data sets and reports to an AAD group within the workspace. This would support the governance model that requires BI Champions to review and vet content for endorsement.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update the text filter to be able to filter based on greater than or less than.

Working with diagnosis and procedure codes and need to be able to filter results based on ranges. If providing a start value and end value, bring back results that fall within the range. Or if data has start and end values, if provide a code, bring back results where the code is included within the start and end values. Numeric values can filter on less than or greater than, would like text values to have similar options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to save filters on SharePoint web part and hide the filter panel

Currently when embedding a PowerBI report in SharePoint you can hide the filter pane while in Web Part Edit mode. This is good as you can stop an end user from altering filters on a particular page.

Unfortunately when you hide the filter any changes you made to the filter are lost and the visuals default back to the filter settings selected in PowerBI.

Would it be possible to change the Web Part so that you can alter the filter whilst editing the web part and then hide the filter from end users whilst maintaining the new filter settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Differentiate between New and Installed Apps

My organization deployed some apps into Power BI services. I couldn't differentiate between the apps I already installed and the ones I haven't. At the bottom of the app description always shows 'Get it now'. Maybe add 'Installed' for the apps that users already installed them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display on TV and auto refresh

Enable users to publish a report and view the published report on a TV/screen, with the ability to set the report to automatically refresh every nth minute.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export/Import Measure Tables

The ability to export and import measure tables would be helpful. Analysts within the same organization (but different departments) sometimes need to perform very similar calculations for other areas of the business. Sharing measure tables would speed up development among analysts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. One e-mail notification for multiple alerts

Currently, e-mails are triggered for every individual KPI's alert set (For example, I have 20 cards in my dashboard for which alerts are configured. On a particular day/hour I can receive 20 emails in case my thresholds are not met for these cards).

However, a mechanism where single email, as per the frequency set, which includes all KPIs, not meeting/crossing threshold mentioned can be sent to avoid unnecessary clutter of alert e-mails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How to fix Roadrunner Email Error 530?

Roadrunner email error 530 occurs when there is an issue with your Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) settings. Here’s a look at the steps you can follow to check the mail server settings on your Roadrunner account so that you can fix Error 530:

• Open the ‘Tools’ section and select your Roadrunner email account.

• Uncheck the option that says ‘Don’t host email account’.

• Go to ‘Properties’ and check the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ settings.

• Tick mark the box the reads “My server requires authentication.”

If you find that Roadrunner Email Error 530 persists even after you followed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Possibility to sign a Microsoft Power BI report with a digital signature

Whether it will be implemented opportunity to sign a Microsoft Power BI report with a digital signature like it is possible to sign documents in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stock Advice In India

Before investing in the stock market, it is very important to do a fundamental analysis of companies. Always buy stocks based on stock advice provided by the best stock advisory company. How do you ensure the company offering the stocks advice is the most suitable and unbiased. There is multiple types of factors needs to be considered while opting the stock advisory company for stock advice.
    https://www.researchandranking.com/blog/the-best-stock-advice-to-invest-safe-ahead-of-2019-elections/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add auto-capitilization corrections to intellisense

Add auto-capitalization corrections to IntelliSense, similar to the way it functions in other MS development suites and VBA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Line by line step-through / debugging for M-code advanced editor

Add the ability to step through a query in the advanced editor to evaluate the results line by line. For me, the primary use would be to evaluate and troubleshoot complex custom functions which have no error, but don't produce the results expected. Sometimes it is not possible to separate out each parameter and evaluate individually. I would like to see something similar to using F8 to step through code in Visual Basic, or using the Evaluate tool from the Formulas ribbon within Excel, to be able to step through a function and evaluate each line. Also, it would be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. notificações

quando alguém for mencionado em algum comentário no dashboard deveria aparecer um alerta no campo notificação, na barra de menu que fica acima

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hide/unhide vertical navigation (report pages) on new look power bi service (web)

Add the option to hide/unhide the vertical navigatior report pages like filter menu in power bi service web using new look of aug 2019.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Collapsible Information Button and text box

Create a collapsible information button so that when the user clicks on the info button, it opens a box where the developer has typed information for items on that page.

Yes, I can do this with buttons now but it is annoying to do it, especially for a lot of pages (Have to create two info buttons, two text boxes, and create the actions for them)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Have a more powerful text editor, akin to the one you have in Powerpoint or other Office products.

We are very interested in using PowerBI for reporting on UX researches and Market Research, but the text editor is so weak that it is hard to convince people who are writting actual reports to adopt it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User Filters (Enhanced Security)

Incorporate user filters which can be used when publishing data/reports/dashboards to power bi service.

For each user that has access to power bi service, I would like to be able to incorporate a user filter in my reports/dashboards.

Meaning upon said user login the dashboard is customized(defaults) to the user filter(user id).

Example: Let say I have four territories, North, East, South, West. Regional Manager: John = North, Lucy = East, Bobby = South, Nancy = West.

The user filter would contain these relationships. So for example when John logs into power bi service and looks at my dashboard, all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 73 74
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.