Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gateway in Linux

In Latin America there are companies that use Power BI but they have their databases on servers in Linux, but to automate the updates we must install the GATEWEY and in linux the gatewey cannot be installed, you should develop this option to install in linux.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data Gateway configuration - ability to update details

As I understand it, once a PBI Data Gateway data source has been set up, it is not possible to update the source server (or other details) when databases move (as they do quite a bit hereabouts). I am told we have to set up the data source afresh and then go chasing all the PBI files that use it and switch sources - this is far too cumbersome). Please provide data source configuration editting ability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Skip Test Connection

When you tick 'Skip Test Connection' the connection status is 'Connection Successful' even though the connections has not been tests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show password

The ability to show usernames and passwords (even on first entry) for Data Gateway connections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Greater Control of Gateway Cluster List

I'd like to be able to group gateways together based locally defined criteria; and then be able to sort those gateways within the group either by alpha order or date of creation or whatever I choose. I have full ability to sort my bank accounts; why not DMGs :) ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't start network test without signing in first.

Network ports test without sign in? Right now, I can't see what's going on without signing in first.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. RLS for SSAS connections through the Gateway is not supported

RLS for SSAS connections through the Gateway should be supported

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Don't make me click through Gateway Connection to get to Data Source Credentials

When trying to set Data Source Credentials for Datasets, I'm first forced to click to open Gateway Connections. After that opens up, then I'm able to click for Data Source Credentials.

Instead, just allow users to click to Data Source Credentials.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove Personal Gateway automatically for users who have left the organization

When the user is no longer part of the organization, their Personal Gateway should be automatically deleted from the Power BI service. Currently, there is no mechanism to do this apart from taking over the user account and logging in as the user. Even though the Personal Gateway cannot be used for refreshes, it clogs up the personal gateway lists and makes it difficult to identify which ones need to be actioned upon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Power BI Gateway should be part of Power BI Desktop Install-able

Power BI on premise Gateway should be part of Power BI Desktop Install-able.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can the data connection be encrypted with key vault

Currently, a data connection is encrypted on data gateway. But can the data connection be encrypted with key vault?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tow Gateways for the same server

Hello,

Can you help me with a question, I want to know if two gateways can be installed on the same server?

Thank you very much!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When mapping gateway data sources, case sensitivity should be turned off.

Currently, data sources on a gateway cluster are case-sensitive, which means that data sources cannot be mapped to a report unless the case matches exactly. MS SQL, Oracle, and file data sources are case-insensitive. As a workaround, multiple data sources must be created using each case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Application automatic update when reports are updated via gateway

Today, when automatically updating a report via gateway, the application containing the report is not refreshed. It would be greatly apprieciated if an automatic update of the application could be done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 希望数据集/网关增加可以识别Folder Files函数的功能

现在无法通过网关实现自动刷新“PQ过程中存在多个工作簿合并操作”的报表

Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Folder.Files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gateway update triggered by BI Service

The version of the gateway (on-premise or personal) should be able to update itself, automatically or with a click from the Power BI Service online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow .xls to refresh via Enterprise Gateway

Desktop can point to an .xls file (accessed from SharePoint online) but when you push this to PBI service and try to refresh it does not work. Please allow .xls to refresh via Enterprise Gateway.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.