Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customized refresh frequency in Power BI

Ability to custom refresh manual or scheduled refresh for few tables instead of all the tables in Power BI Service.

Current situation: I have 7 tables in my data model which are refreshed weekly. Out of these 7 tables there is one table which needs to be refreshed on a daily basis. Unfortunately after all my research I see there is no option to custom refresh tables and all these 7 have to be refreshed on a daily basis because of that one table.

My idea is to choose custom table refresh frequency where 1 table can be refreshed on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow email notification at failed refresh also to external users

Allow email notification at failed refresh also to external users as some users are assisted from external users of other tenants or has to notify that reports are not update for some reason.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Manage Power BI Personal Data Gateways

As an administrator I want to be able to manage existing Power BI Personal Data Gateways like I can with Enterprise Data Gateways. i.e. become an Admin on the gateway, be able to modify it and delete it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Gateway Read only

Provide functionality to allow Enterprise Gateway Connection to a Sql Sever Read Only AG Replica.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. automate install and registration of data gateway by scripts

For enterprise systems, the VM for the gateways sometimes are provisioned by automated systems without human manual process, but the gateway needs to be installed by a human due to the UI installer and the login process.

Can the gateway be installed, login, register, test connection completely by using scripts ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Should have an Option to make a copy of Existing Gateway to test when to Move Gateways to Other Server.

We are deploying gateway to new servers to replace existing. To ensure a smooth transition, we need to replicate existing gateways configuration (data sources - db type, server, port, credentials) in advance to mitigate risk and validate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. mulitple entries in gateway for the same database

It would be useful to be able to mulitple entries in gateway for the same database because the access level may be different. We have one database and multiple schemas for our warehouse and we do not want to expose all schemas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Test specific gateway connection only

Right now you can only test all gateway connections to Power BI, I would like to option to only test one connection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Edit gateway connection

The idea in short:

1) We should be able to alter the server name used for a data source in the enterprise data gate way

2) We should be able to choose other data sources of the same data source type when mapping data set data sources to enterprise gateway data sources

BACKGROUND
    Today you can rename and change credentials for a data source in the enterprise data gateway, but you can not change the data source type nor the server it is pointing to. I can understand the limitation on changing data source type - but to be able…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change Server/Database in Data Gateway Data Source

I would like to ability to change the server and/or database for a Power BI Data Gateway Data Source using a GUI.
    A Database may be moved servers or change its name and I would like an easy way of amending the data source.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add more than 4 trials connexions before service is down

connexion fail, can you please give more than 4 trials before the gateway stop feeding data or loop until connexion to the server is down? eg. internet link is down for 1h why gateway can't reconnect automatically? an email alert should be added. Thx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add more refresh frequency for PowerBI Gateway Schedule (eg. every 15mins, every 1hr, etc)

Add more refresh frequency for PowerBI Gateway Schedule (eg. every 15mins, every 1hr, etc)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option to Group set of connections

Is it possible to get an option to group certain set of connections that belongs to a particular project? (Similar like folder/workspace)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Edit User Token Info

I can't access my Quick Base data because there is no option for me to edit my User Token information. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Gateway Clusters list sort

Please sort the Gateway Clusters list alphabetically!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. On Premise Gateway Reading Proxy from Environment Variables

Provide functionality for On Premise Gateway to read proxy from the environment variables setup on the server. In some scenarios, the direct ports are not opened within the organization and the only option to connect data source is through the https_proxy or http_proxy. Power BI Desktop is able to read these proxy from environment variable however, it fails for gateway.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make on-premises data gateway Enterprise ready

User should be able to create their own data source connection without having admin rights to the Power BI Data Gateway. There should create data source rights.

Admin rights give ability to see each connection which isn't secure.

Users have to depend on Power BI Admin to create data connection each time and provide Server, Database, UserID, and password details to Admin each time they create a new database connection.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better descripcion in gateway error messages

When an error ocurrs and send an email. Indicate then name of the gateway with error or a way to easy identify it.
    we may have several gateway with the same report. The email says the name of the report, but no which gateway

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Personal Gateway Point to Specific Python Version / Venv Location

Just as you can point your Power BI desktop version to a specific python installation, I would like to be able to point the python Data Source credentials in my Personal Gateway to a specific location.

Currently I get an error because Power BI is not compatible with the latest version of python (3.7.4); therefore I point the Desktop to my python 3.7.1 location which does work. However, when I try to refresh this on my personal Gateway, I can only do so using the default system python which of course fails.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.