Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modify field properties in Power Query in both desktop and dataflows

Often when building transformation logic or entire datasets I have already prepared field properties such as descriptions and synonyms. It would be useful to be able to add the properties within a dataflow or dataset so that they properties are inherited from the original Power Query.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please put subtotal % option in Matrix View

Hi Team please put subtotal % option in Matrix View

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Datasets with RSL

HI Folks,
    I want to create a Power BI dashboard and also would like users to give access on the datasets been used and published; therefore the members can work on the same datasets been used with out any further making changes of the data.
    However I want the users who would like to consume the data from the Power Bi datasets been published should be able to access as per the roles defined.

Can you please help me with the feasibility and the necessary steps?

Thanks
    Kranthi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. HI Folks, I want to create a Power BI dashboard and also would like users to give access on the datasets been used and published; therefore

HI Folks,
    I want to create a Power BI dashboard and also would like users to give access on the datasets been used and published; therefore the members can work on the same datasets been used with out any further making changes of the data.
    However I want the users who would like to consume the data from the Power Bi datasets been published should be able to access as per the roles defined.

Can you please help me with the feasibility and the necessary steps?

Thanks
    Kranthi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to scroll through list of Column Options from the bottom and top.

Sometimes the list of options to select from when for instance, you create a new column and the options appear as you type. Once you type two to three letters it minimizes the list of options. But say for instance, the options you have left is quite long and using your arrow keys to scroll through them, takes longer, especially if your option is the very last one on the list.
    Would it be possible to include arrow scrolling from the bottom up as well? This will assist when your option is the last, as 2 arrow commands will result…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to append data in table when refreshing instead of replacing.

Would be great if we can have a feature where table refresh only appends data with the refresh time as a column value.

Currently append is possible with incremental refresh but this requires a column that contains version details in the source data. This is not feasible for some data sources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to define datatype when creating column in Power Query

Allow users to pick their data type when creating columns via the UI. Currently when you add a column via the UI (for example, the conditional column button) it defines the data type as any. To change this you either have to add another step or if you are comfortable and knowledgeable about M you can edit the create column step in the advanced editor (though if you are comfortable with M you are probably writing the step in the editor and not the UI). By having the option to pick the data type in the UI you can help…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Datetime filtering and relative

When applying a filter to a Datetime value, there are four options: 'Advanced Filtering', 'Basic filtering', 'Relative Date', and 'Relative time'.

What I want to filter, is showing only items with a Datetime value that is more than one month old. With advanced filter, I can choose values that are before an absolute date and time. With relative date,I can show items that are filtered by a datetime relative to the current date.

My idea is to adjust the advanced filtering item to allow relative filtering.

For example, below the 'Show items when the value:' line, there is still the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set significance / significant figures

As of today, we can only select the amount of decimals a certain column or measure should have. However, it is often scientifically more useful to set the amount of significant figures it should have.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When will support for pdf input be added to excel power query?

Extend pdf support to power query with excel in addition to support in Power BI desktop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Composite Model for Multi-dimensional Cube (SSAS)

It would be extremely helpful if I could have a composite connection possible for SSAS cubes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I was just prompted to give feedback on Power BI. I did so, and hit enter, and the response I got was "Microsoft Power BI Community An Unex

• an error has occurred etc etc. I my feedback, if it now acceptable, was: make formatting options easy, easy to find, Somewhere that I'
      ve missed so far there is some reasonable consistent way to format the blankety blank data - as there is in Excel, Word, Color the Pig games. But it remains a secret to this 55 year veteran of information systems work and employment by IBM, ITT, and finally my own publicly traded consulting company. The only consistent advice I've seen several times is "use the modeling tab". That does not work for me except if the…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PowerBI can't recognize the html style of table in outlook email

It would be nice to have the ability to recognize and hence expand tables in outlook emails.

For example - I query daily emails with data tables, I have to go through quite a few steps to extract individual rows from the tables.

If we instead had a way to recognize tables in the "Html Body" column, we could just use the expand table function.

Thanks.

-Keerthi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Calculated Table feature in Power Pivot

Where is the New Calculated Table feature in Power Pivot for Excel? Four years ago I scrambled to my computer in exhilerated anticipation when I discovered Power BI had bi-directional cross-filtering capabilities only to discover this critical functionality was only available in Power BI not Power Pivot. Similarly, being able to easily create new intermediate calculated tables in Power Pivot would be a game changer but it too appears to be only available in Power BI. This, once again, is quite frankly devastating. Please tell me it's there and I just can't find it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. selecting parenthesis or curly brackets should highlight the commas too

A lot of times, parentheses and brackets contain sets of items separated by commas. When the opening or closing bracket is clicked, the pairing bracket is highlighted. This is very handy, but sometimes when there is a mistake in the bracket order this doesn't help as much as would be liked. If there are commas that separate the main items in the set (not subitems), then those should be highlighted too. In fact, when a comma is selected, the brackets or parentheses that give the comma context should also highlight. This would make troubleshooting and parsing M statements much much…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Requried Week in Date Hierarchy

Hi,

Can you please add week in date hierarchy.

Thank,
    K R RAO

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Power Query M Support for Streaming Push Datasets

I have trouble understanding DAX and think Power Query M is more intuitive. I have a Streaming Push Dataset that I need to "enhance". It would be easier for me to do most of the transformation via Power Query M but I don't think Streaming Push Datasets support Power Query M:
    https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Does-Power-Query-M-Support-Push-Datasets/m-p/1032964/thread-id/34989#M34994

Please consider adding support to allow Power Query M (or Haskell [smirk] ) to process Streaming Push DataSets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to set color of powerquery windo

I sometimes have to copy queries from one (older) pbi file to a newer version. That means I have two PowerBi desktop windows and two PowerQuery windows open. As all look the same in my Windows taskbar this often leads to confusion on which window i'm now looking at.
    Is it possible to change the colour of a window, or perhaps automatically add a number to the icon in the taskbar so I can more easily switch between windows and are less likely to make mistakes?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drag down numbers options

While creating tables, add an option to drag down numbers similar to excel and sheets

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Regional Settings while Getting Data

Many times I need to change the Regional Settings, but I just realize when I see the preview data while I'm getting new data. When it happens, I need to Cancel the import, go to "Options......", after many clicks I need to do every thing again to import (Get data) data corretcly. So, it will be very helpful to have the possibility to change the Regional Settings while the process of Get Data occurs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.