Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eraser for Search in Slicer gone if Header hidden

if you turn off the Header for a slicer with text in the field, the eraser vanishes from the Search box so there is no way to clear it. Turning on Titles doesn't fix it either. You must leave the Header on.

Seems like a bug.

401 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide enterprise gateway support for power bi python scripting

Provide enterprise gateway support for python scripting - currently only personal gateways are supported

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Subscribe others to emails for reports or dashboards that have RLS

Power BI now allows users to subscribe others to emails for reports and dashboards. However, if RLS is applied to the dataset this is not possible. This idea will remove this restriction.

500 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PLEASE ALLOW TO REVERT BACK TO THE DARK MODE - POWER BI Desktop

PLEASE ALLOW TO REVERT BACK TO THE DARK MODE - POWER BI Desktop. (Our users are complaining)

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide Filters pane on Power BI Report Server

Is there any possiblity to hide Filters pane in Power BI Report server. We don't want to show the filters been used to external clients in our report for unnecessary discussion on calls.

Something like &filterPaneEnabled=false in Power BI Report Server

843 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Report Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow SSO from Power BI Service to Denodo

Currently a fix credential is used to configure connectivity from Denodo connector in Data Gateway to Denodo Server. It is not able to capture login user in Power BI service and allow pass through down to Denodo Server so that only authorized rows/dataset is return. Please work on this ASAP as we want to leverage the row level data access control built in Denodo centrally rather than recreating at Power BI level.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Custom Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. matrix data export to excel

Matrix data is exported to excel in tabular format. It is a lot of rework to again pivot it in excel. We want a visual matrix to be exported to excel as a matrix/cross tab.
    same is for charts. we dont want just the underlying data. When exporting to excel from Powerbi Service, we want it to be exported as-is with all the visuals.
    So many posts on this topic and no answers so far.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop Executing Queries Multiple Times

I create a query in Power BI Desktop against a data source. Power BI Desktop insists on executing it multiple (usually three) times. This makes Desktop slow and for back-end data sources exerts additional load that can also incur additional costs.

Note: I am not talking about the scenario where a query is referred to multiple times in M, rather just a simple query loaded into one table in the data model. I assume the engine is checking data types, etc - but the current approach is very slow/painful. Optimisation is needed!

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add more data formats. Nmeric formats, currency formats, special formats, etc...

Añadir más formatos de numero, actualmente no hay ni formato para la moneda, ni formatos especiales como pp ( puntos porcetuales ), etc...

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export to PDF needs to include all rows in a Table or Matrix visualization

The new feature Export to PDF appears to be just a screen capture of each report - whatever is currently being shown on the screen is what is captured in the pdf. When a report has a Table or Matrix visualization on it with rows that scroll beyond what is shown, these are not captured in the pdf. Need to have all the data show up in the pdf.

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Key Influencers over time

Key Influencers evolution over time.
    The new Key Influencers visual does a nice job to understand the contribution of different factors in a given population. If the evaluation is performed over a given period, it is likely that some factors produce a different influence over time, i.e. the mix of factors/influencers tends to be more dynamic than static over time. For example, in a mix of products at different stages of their lifecycle, it is not uncommon to see new products behaving differently to products that initiate their decline. In other cases, some factors have a significant influence triggered by…

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AI and Machine Learning  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pass SSO user credentials through the Power BI gateway

We need the user SSO credentials to be passed through Gateway connections to Denodo Data Virtualisation layer to be able to securely federate our data/analytics report queries

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. calculated column

Provide the report writer the ability to add calculated columns through the Modeling tab in PBI Desktop, when the report writer has sourced a common data model (Get Data>Powerbi Datasets)

At current, although the report writer has build permissions to the common data model, they are not able to add a calculated column.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. View Dataflow data sizes

Enable an option to find the size/storage of a dataflow entity in Power BI service and Premium Capacity Metrics App.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow non-admins to see enterprise gateways in dataflow creation

According to my experience and the documentation, only admins of enterprise gateways can see gateways during the dataflow creation process. Can this not be opened up to report authors as well? Our enterprise gateway is controlled by IT and has one or two administrators. "Self-service ETL" won't be realized unless report authors can create dataflows using the enterprise gateway.

124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  8 comments  ·  Dataflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Expose calculated members on user hierarchies when live connected to SSAS Multidimensional

Currently, when we create calculated members in SSAS Multidimensional and put them on a user hierarchy (parent-child) they don't show on Power BI.

These calculated hierarchy elements are very useful in many scenarios, it would be great for PowerBI to be able to show them.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export Column Profiles as a Table

my customers love the new column profiling feature in Power Query. With the GA today, it is even better. One thing I have been asked for a few times now is the ability to export the column profile data as the result of a query. Ideally this could be exported to Excel for further investigation, or simply return it to ta table in Power BI for further investigation.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Data Preparation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hide the App Navigation Pane

Similarly to the Filter Pane, have the option to hide the new App navigation pane. Many of my reports are unreadable due to the size they are reformatted to when the App navigation pane is present.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Compare two Queries - Columns

I would like to have the ability to do a "compare tables" or "compare queries" option.

I understand that there are visuals/queries I can build to compare the DATA within two separate queries but I want to compare the two queries. I want to know how many columns are in TableA versus how many are in TableB and which column names are different from each other. When I have two tables with 150 columns (give or take) and they are allegedly a copy of each other I want to be able to confirm that all 150 in columns in TableA…

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow json template formatting for text box and button

Currently there seems to be no way to customize text boxes and buttons using the json template file, even though they are customizable in the GUI. Please add this ability and update the documentation so we know what the visualName would be for them.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.