Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Format of graphs as they transfer from powerview to dashboard

Color of the graph changes between what is in PowerView and what shows up in dashboard. Please keep all of the formatting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Title of Dashboard should stand out, just not turn green

The title of the Dashboard should get highlighted on click in such a manner that it really stands out as too many links on top might create confusion as to which report is being presented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. support no calc on numeric values

Selecting a numeric value for a report, it defaults to Sum. It allows for changing to Average, Count, Min, Max... it should also support No calculation or as a value only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove or edit Connections.

I think it is necessary to be able to remove or edit connections.If I upload, by mistake, a wrong workbook, I can't remove it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the ability to Hide Reports on the Left Pane

Can you add the ability for us to hide the reports or connects that are listed on the left pane of the Dashboard to give back real estate and make it look cleaner.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. preview.powerbi.com guided tour

When you start, new users should have a guided tour.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve the usability of Dashboard

1. Dashboard names are allowed to be the same. In my opinion, they should be unique.

2. There is no way to reorder the sequence of dashboard names.

3. As my site content grows, I might have hundreds of dashboards. How do I manage them? The current implementation does not scale up. A folder tree like structure might be a practical solution.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide documentation (or a control in PV) to create the tile with the large # in it.

It's not obvious how to create the tile with the large number in it. (like the first 4 tiles in the sample dashboard)

If you are a new user, and you don't know/recognize Q&A, you would not know that you have to go to Q&A, ask a question that has a single number for an answer, and pin that answer to your dashboard.

Either provide documentation. OR better yet,
    Make it possible to create this tile with PV.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Google Analytics

Google Analytics

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to format the values within PowerView

I would like to be able to format the data in PowerView report, like I can in Excel/PowerView. For example, I have an ID that I would like to get the count of, by default PowerView chooses this as an integer and I cannot change this to be a count unless edit the original Excel file and re-post to PowerBI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Control over axes ranges

Allow setting of the min and max value displayed on a visual's axes

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Data Sources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Link dashboard tile to something other than where it was pinned from

I'd like to be able to create a tile by pinning a Q&A answer (e.g. a single KPI figure) but have it open a different report when you click on it (e.g. a report with multiple detailed charts)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a way for me to report bugs via the Smile

I find lots of bugs while using this, should I be reporting those somewhere? This is on the only feedback way I can find?

It should grab a screenshot if possible so I can show you what's happening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it clearer which dashboard tab I'm looking at.

The tabs are almost the same color - blank for the unselected tab, dark green for the selected tab. Surely this fails accessibility? And now that I've added Salesforce dashboards, all 3 tabs are dark green - the 1 selected and the 2 unselected tabs.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.