Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the Azure Blob Storage Connector in Power BI Desktop to be able to read the new JSON Lines format

Please update/fix the Azure Blob Storage connector in Power BI Desktop so that it can read the new JSON Lines format that was changed in November 2018 as well as the old format.

"Custom tools should be updated to handle both the current format and the JSON Lines format described above. This will ensure that when data starts to appear in the new format, your tools do not break."
    -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/diagnostic-logs-append-blobs

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to find the difference in the date between records in the same table based on status(type)

Hello All,

We have a sales history Table associated with the Opportunity Table. (1 Opportunity with multiple Sales History)

The Sales History table last has a modified date and Status date. I'm trying to find a solution to get the difference between the modified date based on the status Date.

Example

Opportunity: SampleA

SalesHistory Table

Record   Modified            Status

ABC       12 Nov 2019       Open

BCD        14 Nov 2019      InProgress

EFG         17 Nov 2019       In Review
    ZZZ 18 Nov 2019 InProgress

HIJ   …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please make key influencer visual available for SSAS datasets

Please make key influencer visual available for SSAS datasets

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make voting for issues work

I cant vote for an idea. It tells me to complete captha. but doesn't display one

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Consecutive Drilling in Reports

For example, if I have multiple graphs with the Drill mode on, and I drill down 1 of them, I need the other graphs to drill down as well. Not just get filtered.

Please if there is an existing idea for this, let me know!

Thanks

365 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When I publish my PBI report builder's report to PBI service, how do SSAS get my user's mail and control the data(I use costomdata=userID)

When I publish my PBI report builder's report to PBI service, how do SSAS get my user's mail and control the data(I use costomdata=userID already,but it not effect)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I publish my PBI report builder's report to PBI service, how do SSAS get my user's mail and control the data(I use costomdata=userID)

When I publish my PBI report builder's report to PBI service, how do SSAS get my user's mail and control the data(I use costomdata=userID already,but it not effect)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it easier for new people log in and learn how to use your product

Make it easier to actually try this product out to see if we want to purchase the Power Bi. I haven't been able to log on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add a function to search character in the whole table similar to Ctrl + F in excel

Can you add a function/ formula on how to search comma (,) or any character from the whole table? The function should be similar to Ctrl + F function in excel. Thank you

I've tried to use the SEARCH function but it is restricted to search by columns, and I have 400+ columns which makes this search impossible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Power BI Desktop installer should not use Windows\temp folder to install

At our company, for security reasons, access to Windows\temp folder is restricted, so the installer fails. Installation program sould ask for a safe directory to unzip necessary installation files or, at least, user the value of TEMP or TMP enviroment variables.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Speed Up Your Wireless Internet Connection

If your Wi-Fi is not working, learn how to choose the best wireless internet connection for your needs

Read More - https://bit.ly/2NyQioo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for Malwarebytes updating issues

Malwarebytes has been working with great efficiency and features. People have used the software and were very satisfied with the performance of the software. Since there has been increasing users of Malwarebytes, the company has also started to give away discounts and offers to the users. Today we will be discussing about a certain kind of issue in which users are not able to make update with the Malwarebytes. They have made several complaints about the update, users cannot update their Malwarebytes. So follow the steps to update your Malwarebytes
    • first select Malwarebytes from your windows and open it …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dell Printer Not Printing

How often have you encountered the problem not your Dell printer not printing? Well it is a very common problem that occurs with almost all the users. So, we are here to help you at these sorts of situation. It is not the problem of the printer as due to some configuration following problem has occurred. These sorts of problems can be cured from various means. Once we figure it out the cause taking action to it will be very easy. So, let us jump into understanding the cause and the solutions.
    • If users ink cartridges are empty than…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. What is the phone number for Brother printer support?

Have you been looking for the Brother printer support, well if you are than we will be providing all the information what features and facility will the user will be getting after contacting Brother printer support. Well printer support is a very essential service which users do look quite often because printer is always stuck into some sort of problems. Since printer’s working is a bit different than computer it becomes a bit challenging for the users. But those are only the facts about the printer but there is no need to worry about a thing.
    If user is facing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can you install a Canon printer without the CD?

There is a load of question going on regarding Canon printer software installation. Most of the user had question about the installation process of Canon. Users were interested to know if it is possible to install the Canon printer without CD. Now a day there are loads of devices where there is no CD-ROM and also most of user lost their CD after they start using the printer. It is possible to install Canon printer without a CD. So,here are few steps which may help you.
    • Open your browser and type in the Canon official website.
    • Go the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How do I connect my Dell e310dw printer to WIFI?

After going through all the connectivity steps and the procedure, it was found that connecting Dell e310dw to WIFI had a bit of issue, so we decided to look into the condition. It was not that of a hard thing to do but users would find it confusing. So we have made a detailed research and come up with suitable steps for users. So let’s get into the steps for the connections.
    • User must first keep in mind that the wireless access point or the router must support WPS or the AOSS.
    • Using arrows select the Network and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Report Builder 2016 Bug with 08/29/2019 release

I realize this is a Power BI forum, however, this is where the "send feedback" button on the Report Builder Options resources tab directed me, kind of. It actually directed me to an existing thread around data sources for power BI that I had to back out of to get to post a new topic, so you may want to consider looking into that in addition to the reason I am reaching out.

The latest version of Report Builder dated 08/29/2019 seems to have a bug. I can't open .rdl files with the .rdl extension from the local machine using…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1-888-780-6999 Manage Yahoo Spam Filters

We sign in to our Yahoo account in the morning and see hundreds of emails in it. In fact, this became a quite common with Yahoo email people. Whenever you will sign in; it will be flooded with emails; including business emails, personal emails, professional emails, promotional emails and subscription emails. This a real difficult task to find out our important email which we are searching in this ocean of email.

Yahoo users are not going to suffer with this problem. Yahoo understands this concern properly and they introduced the email filters feature in Yahoo mail. Your mails in Yahoo…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. provide the community help forums in spanish

provide alternative help forms that are in spanish, structure them with the same headers as the english forums

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.