Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add more data formats. Nmeric formats, currency formats, special formats, etc...

Añadir más formatos de numero, actualmente no hay ni formato para la moneda, ni formatos especiales como pp ( puntos porcetuales ), etc...

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Interactive Python Visuals

I know Python Visuals have just been supported for Power BI, but lets get the ball rolling on this one.

Please support Visual Interactions with Python Visuals.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Totals in stacked column charts

During several presentations I get questions regarding the total of stacked columns. In the current situation you can select to label all the parts of the stacked column but no grand total. I would like to see the option to add a label to the Visuals which shows the total of the stacked column (this counts for values only). Ideally this total would deviate together with the drilldowns you select, so it stays interactive whatever filters you select or subsets you create on your dashboard.

1,285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  26 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. conditionally hide visual based on slicer

Show/Hide Visualizations based on slicer value

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable developers to customize a Button for downloading reports to Excel/PDF/PPT

Kindly help to provide a feature using which we can configure a button to export the page to either Excel/ppt or to pdf at one click. End Users complain that they do not want to click multiple links to download a report and want it to be done a the click of a button thus making it more intuitive.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Data Label for Shape Maps

It would be nice if the data labels are shown in custom shape maps, so that you don't have to hover over the map.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When sending a report screenshot by mail to subscribers - send it with the filters that was configured in the personal bookmark

when report screenshots are sent to subscribers they receive the default generic report view even if they configured a personal bookmark and set it as the default view. We would like to have a custom email with the custom view for each subscriber.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hide the report page based on the user.

Hiding the pages while sharing the report is an important option.

E.g. If i am developing a report for 10 metrics and which I dont want some metrics owners can see other metrics. So if we have any option to select the page and hide/unhide. It will avoid the irrelevant page for the irrelevant user in the group.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More than one dataframe in Python / R visuals

It is somewhat limiting to only pass a single dataframe into Python/R. It would be great if a single Python/R visual could have 2 or more drop-boxes for data fields, serving as multiple dataframes in a single Python/R script.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Timeline slicer - Handle Fiscal vs Calendar Date Mapping

The whole Fiscal Year/Quarter concept doesn't seem to be fulfilled because the "Fiscal Year Start" option only sets the year start month but the Fiscal vs Calendar date mapping isn't really implemented.

For example, Fiscal Year 2019 should be start from Calendar Date April 2018 up till March 2019.
    Calendar Date - Fiscal Y - Fiscal Q
    April 2018 - 2019 - Q1
    May 2018 - 2019 - Q1
    June 2018 - 2019 - Q1
    July 2018 - 2019 - Q2
    Aug 2018 - 2019 - Q2
    Sept 2018 - 2019 - Q2
    Oct 2018 - 2019 - Q3
    Nov…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Word wrap: Pie & Doughnut visuals

Please could you implement "Category" word wrapping for Pie and Doughnut visuals.

Currently the only way to include as much text as possible is to make it so small it practically becomes illegible, and even then depending the size and placement of the visual and the content of the category you still end up with "..." and loss of useful context.

It would actually make sense to roll out word wrap across the board for all visuals.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pie chart that does not hide labels

English:
    It would be great if in the pie charts there is an option that does not hide the labels since at the time of exporting the report as PDF there are areas of the graph which have no label.

Español :

Seria genial que en los pie charts haya una opcion que no oculte las etiquetas ya que a la hora de exportar el informe como PDF quedan áreas del gráfico las cuales no tienen etiqueta.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add tooltip option to slicers

Adding tooltips to slicers would allow people to priotize or identify which filters to apply. Assume you were to share a sales report and it contains a slicer that allows you to filter data by store. The slicer works perfect if you have a predefined intention of checking specific stores (for whatever reason), but imagine I´m new in the staff; having a tooltip would help me identify the important stores as I am scrolling through the slicer. That tooltip could have a store ranking, amount of people employed at the store for example.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export Theme as JSON file

Once you have created a report, and taken many hours to manually formatted colors, fonts, grids, charts, cards and other visuals, allow for those settings to be exported as a theme (JSON file) that you can use use it in other reports.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Gantt Chart

Id like see a more versatile Gantt Chart. The ones I have found in the market place are very limited

What I'm after

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Gantt-Chart/m-p/640003#M18747

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Export Power BI visual matrix to Excel, without the data being tabulated vertically.

I want a way to export a visual matrix (already assembled in my Power BI report) and take it to excel, without the data being tabulated vertically.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Conditional Formatting using row and column context.

Hello, the conditional format for tables and matrix analysis all data in the table/matrix context and applies the colors in this context.
    sometimes, we need to compare the values with row or column context. is it possible?
    Regards!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Funnel chart

Please add funnel chart in visuals with only metrics to be provided as an input. A sample would be funnel chart to see how much is moving to next step of funnel. example Visits > Prod Views > Carts > Checkout > Orders in ecommerce industry. This will help anyone to see how much is moving to next step and can show the problem area.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Select All Slicer Performance

There are instances where we need to filter down the data set on one variable, like contract number (say it's an enterprise contract for a number of locations with different customer numbers) because we want to use this filter to find all the related customer numbers. With the limited customer number list, I want to be able to "Select All" customer numbers now showing and then unselect the contract number because I want to see all business for these customer numbers, whether each item was sold under contract or not. However, when I click to erase the contract number, the…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Flexible Drilldown

Ability to create a not hierarchy drill down, that you can choose which dimension you want to detail the selected item. Eg. You have sales by state, so you can choose if you want to detail some state by product type or by store, or even choose if you want to see all your data by product type and so detail some type by state or store.

Also, create some navigation map, to show what drilldowns was already been aplied.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 90 91
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.