Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel Time Manipulation

Make it easy to use time duration measures. Right now DAX is not supporting average shift time over different visualizations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Page/Tab Level Secuirty

Row level security makes it hard to hide EVERYTHING from a specific user login having the page/Tab secuirty within Power BI for different user Login would be very helpful
    For Example: something like USERPRINCIPALNAME() which would be dynamic for different user login to hide and show pages that would act as Page/Tab Level Security.

1,034 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get some working space for Format pane in Power BI by hiding the Visualization pane

In Power Bi Desktop, While i am working with Format pane, I want to see an option that I can hide the Visualizations pane to the top, so that I can have place to work on Format options in a single view instead dragging down to look for all options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Power Bi Desktop

In Power Bi Desktop, While i am working with Format tab, I want to see an option that I can hide the Visualizations pane to the top, so that I can have place to work on Format options in a single view instead
    dragging down to look for all options

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Cards to dynamically resize for use in Tool Tips using Text fields

When using Cards for displaying textual Tool Tip information, oftentimes there is a wide variability in the # of characters that are required. Because Card (and Page) sizes are static, some Tool Tips will be nearly blank (with only a couple of words of text), while others fill the entire area. It would be nice to be able to resize the Card and Page Size based on the number of characters needed in the Tool Tip information in order to minimize the tooltip area shown (and maximize display of the underlying report visual).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User is using Analysis Services Tabular Model, but when passing dates from my model to Power BI or Excel, date hierarchies are not carried o

User is using Analysis Services Tabular Model, but when passing dates from my model to Power BI or Excel, date hierarchies are not carried over on Live Connection.
    User could go back to Import instead of Live Connection but this would take my model size and performance back down a step. How to get dates working as well as Multi-Dimensional, in tabular? This is the problem with tabular:

user would like the hierarchy to behave in the same way it does in excel on a multi-dimensional cube.

03/02/2020

it shows that each month is repeating itself instead of pivoting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable SharePoint Sensitivity Labels in Power BI Desktop

As of 9 May 2020 we can enable sensitivity labels in SharePoint and OneDrive for Office files. It would be highly beneficial for enforcing governance and compliance if Power BI also supports sensitivity labels.
    While Sensitivity labels are currently available in Power BI Service under "Information Protection" settings to protect datasets, reports and dashboards, they currently don't protect the PBIX files that are stored in OneDrive for Business or in a SharePoint Online site.
    Currently all Office files including Excel files are protected, we can simply apply sensitivity labels from the desktop app. But what about PBIX files stored in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to Remove Horizontal Scroll bar and shrink the bar to fit the visual, just like excel bar graph

Option to Remove Horizontal Scroll bar and shrink the bar to fit the visual, just like excel bar graph, so that we can see the entire tail spend in one visual.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tooltip Option for Radar Chart Visual

I have imported the default Microsoft Radar Chart into my report. However, it does not include the Tooltip option, and as such, not able to customise the Tooltip report for this visual.

May I request that this feature is included in this visualization!

More description here:
    https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Radar-Chart-Can-you-please-include-Tooltip-Option/m-p/1091583#M505569

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to choose multiple DAX measures at a time so we can move measures from one Home Table to another

I feel there should be an option where I can choose multiple DAX measure at a time so we can move measures from one Home Table to another.

Currently I need to select one measure and then I can move it to another Home Table. If that allows me to choose multiple DAX measures at a time, it will save a whole lot of time.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A friendly python console in query editor

Could be really good to have a console to try pyhton code and see the results in the query editor to see if my code is running well in some step i did of my query editor.

Sometimes I need to do things that M is not so friendly like calculate diferences between specific days hours, etc, but embeding a python script in the middle of the steps of power query is no easy and unfriendly.

Maybe for the future replace query language M for python.

Vote if you like this idea! :D

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. paste filter visualization

Allow copy and pasting of visual filters applied from one visualization to another.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the 60 day free trial license open to general users

The Power BI product owner and BA need to understand all the sytem requirments with respect to the environment. I'm referring to the impact of COVID 19 on the workforce. People are looosing their jobs and are spending their time do home based training to improve their marketability when returning to the workforce. Also, these unemployed people do NOT have access to their workplace email addresses for obvious reasons - security.

In my case, I'm a disabled citizen returning to work force in the government. I'm doing some training in BI and BA to improve skill sets when the federal…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copying one page from one PBI to another PBI

As of now moving/Copying one whole page to another pBI is not there....if would be easy if we have it because that way multiple people can wrk and integrate the work when done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Power BI relative slicer

We can apply relative visual-level filters to slicers to reduce the list of values that are displayed in the slicer. When we do this it only affects the values that are shown in the slicer, not the filter that the slicer applies to other visuals when we make a selection.
    Once we change the selected range in the slicer we'll see the other visuals update. It would be good to have an opportunity to apply the selected range in the relative visual-level filter to visuals through the slicer immediately before first selecting in the slicer.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Relative Date filter to include today's date for "calendar months"

When you choose "last 12 calendar months" it would be useful to include the current month. It's frustrating that the end date is for last month and not today's date.

Maybe don't hide the "Include today's date" option that appears for "last 12 Months". Or, add another option named "Include current month".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix "Remove a Visual" menu in Power BI Desktop

The ability to remove a custom visual using Remove a Visual does not work with April 2020 release.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add DAX column in the Data view and control returns to first column

I hope this is clear.

I add a new DAX column in the Data view (right click on table and select 'New column') and hit enter to create my column. Control now returns to the first column in this table. When you have a lot of columns like I do this creates extra work. Also, if I forget about this new 'feature' and start typing I have now changed my new column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Changing the layout of the slicer search box

I would be happy if I could change the layout of the slicer search box.
    -The display size of the search box can be changed.
    -You can change the size of the characters entered in the search.
    -Character color can also be selected.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.