Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to Unlock PST File Password?

Here is a simple way to unlock your password-protected PST file from Outlook name as eSoftTools PST Password Recovery Software. It has the capability to simply recover the lost password of the PST file by just applying some steps. And it is also allowed the user to recover and open the PST file of any version of MS Outlook including - 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, and below version. Before purchasing the full license of this program, you can also try a free version by using the user can get the first three characters of the password at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Chiclet Slicer: allow measures to be used for images and/or display labels

Currently the Chiclet Slicer only allows column values to be used as the image field. I'd like to use a measure instead so that I can dynamically built an svg image. I'd also like to be able to pass a measure to be used as the display label.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow the definition of ambiguous data relationships when creating data models & force the super user to select the desired relationship

This is a feature that other BI tools like SAP provide, but PBI does not allow it.

When creating relationships in a data model, PBI does not allow you to create an ambiguous relationship. We need to be able to create ambiguous relationships in a model. When a super user (report writer type) uses data associated with an ambiguous relationship, they should be prompted to choose the relationship they desire for their report.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Perpetuate the table/query structure in a data model to Power BI Desktop when using a data model as a source for thin report writing

When building reports (what we call "thin" reports) in Power BI Desktop from an existing data model (used Power BI Dataset option for the Get Data to retrieve a data model), we need the table/query structure from the model to be the way the table/query structure in presented in the Fields section within Power BI.

For example:
    In Query Editor within a data model a table/query structure may look like this:

Order Subject Area [5]

Order line

Unified Order
    Standing Order
    Unified Order Line
    Order Reconciliation

Shipment Subject Area [3]

Shipment Number

Shipment Status
    Shipment Reconciliation

When this model is…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conditional Formatting Line Visual Shapes

I'd like to be able to conditionally format any series of shape colors for the Line Visual (when the X-axis is categorical). Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove Null values from a column

Problem statement: To hide null/redundant columns from Power BI visual (Matrix)

Brief case: For a particular item code, there are some set of columns which are null. The requirement is to display only those columns which have at-least one value in them and hide which are completely null.

For better understanding refer the image below
    Scenario 1: - If user selects ID=4, then column = “Mother’s name” should be hidden

Scenario 2: - If user selects ID=3, then column = “Mother’s name” and “XYZ” should be hidden

This should happen dynamically whenever a user selects any ID, columns which are…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display Measure DAX Formula in Connect Live

When I use Get Data > Analysis Services > Connect Live mode to work with my AS Tabular model as documented the Modeling features are disabled. I am fine with that.

However, it would be a good idea to show the DAX Formulas when we click on the Measures which are part of the AS Tabular model in read only mode. This is useful to understand the measure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Providing for Sole Traders/One man operations

I run my own consultancy company in the United Arab Emirates [MKR Consultants FZE].
    This is a one man (woman) operation and as such I have an outlook email that I use as my "company" email, and a gmail account I use for personal emails.
    The account creation will just not allow me access with either of these emails.
    If there was some way to register as sole trader/one man operation and therefore allow account creation with an outlook email it would be enormously helpful to me.
    The Power BI Desktop will not allow me to create an account because…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How to fix Hulu error 5003 | +1-866-235-4333

Hulu error 5003 is the totality of several favorite streaming principals. Nowadays, Hulu is essentially used by most maximum internet users now. Sometimes, anything can go opposite in your Hulu streaming as thoroughly. Maybe you receive a fault that can obstruct your TV viewing. To circumvent this unrequited delay in your entertainment and determine effects like Hulu error 5003.

Cause of Hulu error 5003:-

1.Check your internet connection.
    2.If your router creates error so check settings.
    3.In case, your modem is not authorized.
    4.Maybe you are facing weather problems.
    5.When you are using long content.
    For more queries, take the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cutomise table refresh sequence

This idea is to customize the sequence in which the tables are refreshed in desktop version.

Example: I have 7 tables in my report. And it refreshes the tables based on ascending order in which tables were first imported. I would like to have the first 4 tables refreshed the usual way and then jump on to the 7th table and then 5th, 6th.

Why this idea? The reason I ask this is because I have a table created for the refresh timestamp. I want this table to be refreshed at the end after all the tables are refreshed so…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DAX formula with filters

When I create a formula with filters, I want to be able to retrieve the DAX of the formula.
    The goal is to save time in the construction of complex formulas and to be able to use this formula in more complex formulas.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Criar Calendário Anual Permanente com Feriados Nacionais, fases da Lua

Criar Calendário que pudesse escolher a visualização: Diária, Mensal ou Anual, que marcasse os feriados nacionais, as fases da lua e estações do ano que pudesse ser personalizada com agendas para marcar dias de reuniões.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shapefile compatible

Currently you cannot use shapefies in Power BI as they need converting into a different format which never works for UK maps.
    I would either like to see region and local authority added as a shape map option or make Power BI compatible with shapefiles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow hiding or customizing count of rows display in Filters pane

When value is added to Filters pane, Power BI automatically displays count of rows for each value. Please allow hiding this count or adding customized count.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. RLS it is not respecting Dax functions

When we use Report level filters in the report it is working as expected as Dax function result but when we use RLS it is not respecting Dax('All' and few other filter functions).

We have a report with report level filters. The report also includes Dax functions that summarize data into benchmark values that ignore the report level filters. When we apply RLS, the Dax functions no longer are able to ignore the report level filters.

Please make sure functions should work all times.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Top / Bottom N filter on top of a visual for easy navigation

Can we have top / bottom N filter just above the visual in the report page for easy navigation for selection of Top / Bottom N filter. This feature is available in Tableau so that people migrating from Tableau to Power BI should have the same experience instead of selecting the visual and navigating to the right filter section for applying filter. Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Facebook account recovery without email and phone number | +1–866–235–4333

Facebook is one of the most usable social networking sites which is used by every individual on a daily basis. Surfing on Facebook for a few hours can change an individual’s entire life. A user can come into contact with many users just by using Facebook. Just follow only steps and you can get in touch with your friends. You can also comment on their post and profiles and see what they are doing.

Solutions to log in your Facebook account without Phone number or email id:-

Follow the below-given steps to recover your Facebook account:
    · At first, navigate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How to fix Bitdefender error 1011 | +1-866-235-4333

As you know, Bitdefender is one of the most popular anti-malware software around the world. But, it has some technical issues. One is Bitdefender error 1011. This error is a common issue that is generally faced by many users when you are trying to update the Bitdefender program on a device. Due to this error, Bitdefender stops the update process and also freezes the device.

Here are many reasons for the Bitdefender issue, internet connection is one of the common reason.

.Cause of Bitdefender error 1011:-
    .Windows firewall
    .An outdated version of the Operating error
    .Temporary files or junk files …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How it can mange huge data, while it takes 3-4 hrs to merge max 55 MB data from excel files

This is a feedback for new Microsoft product Power BI which is making our life hell.

Lots of issues not tested and also taking time to address.

Now days merging of just 55 MB data is making my life hell and taking a long time almost 20 mins on every merge when I am trying to refer queries from the different query, while I am creating source within the same query it's throwing below error

Formula.Firewall: Query 'fxSEEUCombinedData' (step 'FXSEEUCombinedData') references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.