Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access Slicer Value without Relation

Hello Team,

I am not sure this functionality is available or not, Because I did a lot of research on that.

I have a two table and both the table have no relationship between them.

In the above case, how can we filter one table value from other table value using Slicer.

If you need, Power BI file then I am happy to provide you a sample file,where I can explain
    the Whole scenario.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide the functionality to allow us creating columns and loading the other Datasets and even after [Connect live] was executed.

Please enhance the functionality that allows creating columns and loading the other Datasets even after the [Connect live] was executed from Power BI Desktop to Power BI Service.

<Reference article>
    - Title: Data refresh in Power BI
    - URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data#live-connections-and-directquery-to-on-premises-data-sources

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Deal with NAs generated in python/Pandas and R

PBI reads my numeric columns as Text when they have NAs generated from python or R. Furthermore, even if I edit them out in R or pandas PBI won't update the column type insisting it be a text column even when I've gotten rid of those NAs. This creates a lot of road bumps in a data workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Button refresh queries one by one

Hi.
    If i refresh all queries at same time, my desktop blocks because i have a lot of Navision queries.
    I need a button which refreshes one by one. Therefore, when finish refresh first querie, it should start the following querie.
    Now, i have to refresh one by one all the queries manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Single place to learn all the Power BI features that have been released hitherto

It would be most convenient and beneficial for users to access or view all the Power BI features available as of any given time in a central place may be by way of a single link.
    At present, we have to go through all the monthly updates to learn available features and capabilities.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Font colors low as green high as red medium as growun

I have a column with values low,medium,high i need to put the font color high as red,medium as brown and low as green how this can be done?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fonts

After June 18 Update when I change the font for Cyrillic text to DIN, the text is shown in Arial which is not as intended. Please fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add row and column concept to Line and Bar Chart Visuals

Add the ability to show line and bar charts on rows and columns. For example, show Month on rows and Year on columns to see changes from year to year for each month.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow SQL query to support global parameters

Let SQL query support global parameters, and adjust the parameters in the visual panel to achieve richer selection functions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. DateDiff

The feature to select datediff (and select the units of calculation eg Years, months, days) from the new measure options would be great. Comparison of dates is always required and this would make doing this so much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Merge the PBIRS-optimized Desktop client with the standard PowerBI Desktop so there's one single PowerBI interface for both

Merge the PBIRS-optimized Desktop client with the standard PowerBI Desktop so there's one single PowerBI interface for both. This would streamline the user experience by not forcing on-premise report publishers to a separate client.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Power BI Desktop Developer to choose day when modeling!!

I deal with sales volumes often and base query logic on 'this month' or 'last month' and so on. Unfortunately, when I am developing on the first of the month, I am unable to Pivot or work with any columns for this month until those specific tables have data in them a few days later. If I could somehow tell Desktop to treat the day like a specific day [say last day of month] I could continue developing with example data.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customize slicer range

As a function of the relative slicer, "Recent", "to Next", "Current" can be set, but when deploying to the user, you can increase the range of slider customization such as making "Recent" only settable Is not it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide feedback to user when a column cannot be used in certain locations

Dragging a column to an invalid part of a chart/report should warn the user why this cannot occur, rather than just do nothing. It is incredibly frustrating as a new user of Power BI not receiving any feedback about why certain columns/measures cannot be used in reports.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Javascript from OneDrive to Desktop BI integration

When hosting images on OneDrive, ex. product images, in order for the image to display on a shared dashboard the link needs to be made anonymous. This works in the service, however there is not an out of the box way to prevent the OneDrive link from using JavaScript for anonymous access to display images in the desktop application and the desktop application will reject the link to the image. Being able to see images in the desktop application is necessary to be able to scale the dashboard properly before publishing. Would be great to have Power Bi accept the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to drag [excel/csv] files into Power BI Desktop to launch import

This is a user experience idea. It would be great if Power BI Desktop allowed users to drag files directly into the Desktop window to automatically launch the import/edit window. This saves the time of choosing Get Data > CSV > Navigate to the file on your computer. If I already have the file open in windows explorer, especially if it is a really long path, I should be able to drag the file directly into Power BI Desktop to launch my import/edit prompt. Without this, I have to choose Get Data and find my file through the folders.

This…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support animated gif in Service and Mobile

Please support animated gif in Service and Mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Data Label e gráficos de área

Nos gráficos de área eu gostaria de editar a posição do data label. Pelo menos "acima da linha", "abaixo da linha", "dentro da linha".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Creating parameterised roles

I have a scenario where one user can be present in multiple companies and there can be multiple users in same company (many to many relationship).
    A user in company 1 cannot access data from company 2.
    So I have to create multiple roles like 1,2,3,4... for each company which will behave like [CompanyId] = 1, [CompanyId] = 2 ...

So if there can be a role like company(n) in which I can pass n and filter the underlying data for the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Power BI Desktop UI light / white theme

This relates NOT to visualization or dashboards that are created by the UI, this relates the black and yellow UI in the editor itself. I would like a white or light based UI theme vs. the current or default UI that is black / very dark gray. While ALL black tends to be elegant... the contrast with the default white background for the dashboard canvas is way too stark. White tends to offer a "lighter" more open feel anyway.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.