Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. where can i buy ielts band 9 online without exams in pakistan(nebosh.2017@yahoo.com)

whatsapp(+237651104272) buy/get real ielts/Purchase/obtain ielts certificate, get registered ielts certificate without exam in pakistan/india/australia/SaudiRabia/lebanon/UAE, original nebosh certificate, buy/order original/legit ielts certificate in India, buy original ielts certificate pakistan/ nebosh in qatar, buy nebosh certificate without exams, real ielts for sale, buy genuine/verifiable ielts, obtain authentic ielts in pakistan, where can i buy ielts without exams, get ielts band 7, english language certificate

Hi Friends

You Have Problems in getting the required scores in Ielts,Toefl, Pte, Gmat, Gre, Nebosh, SAT,Esol, Toiec, Oet, ACT, GED, Usmle, Psat, lsat, Celban, FCE, CAE,CPE, BEC, Fle, Tesol, without exams/test???
    At our association we can help…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

196 comments  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Cloud not allowed / Power BI report server licensing too expensive for small project

Some companies do not have the right to outsource their data in the Cloud (Military, Space ...).
      I have Power BI projects for 5 to 10 users maxlmum. The best choice in this case is a Report Server license on-premise adapted to 5 or 10 users. Currently you need the Premium license which is too expensive for these small projects. As a result, customers are looking at other products like Qlik or Tableau!

11 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • identify power bi pro content

Whenever Power BI warns that "this dashboard has Power BI Pro content", provide a link to describe specifically what Pro content is included in the dashboard. For example, is it pro content because it's in a group workspace, or is it pro content because it's a direct query connection to an on-premise data source, etc.

212 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Provide a Power BI Runtime/Viewer Version

Microsoft has a history of providing a runtime/viewer interface for it's product offerings (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Excel). Power BI is the PERFECT example of an application where such a product would greatly benefit the analytic community.
          For example, I work in a company with 300 people. One of us (me) builds Access database solutions and thus holds a product license. Everyone else simply uses the MS Access Runtime program (free viewer version) to interact with the databases I build. Talk about a win! WIthout runtime we would simply avoid the program altogether. With runtime, users make great use of the…

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Shared dashboards only with PRO?

I think it's an strategy error by Microsoft that the Users that's have no PRO license can't view the dashboards and reports than was created for them once or twice at month. If we need to upgrade many Users to PRO license, maybe we'll use other tools if we need to pay to see our dashboards or reports. I'm agree than the Users that make reports and dashboards will need PRO license, but, the Users that only check it? I can't believe it.

At this point, I'm checking other tools that cover our requisites.

9 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Free Power BI users should be given view rights to reports shared by Pro/Premium users

When a Pro/Premium user shares either an App or just the Dashboard, a Free Power BI user must be able to at least view it

12 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Extend Power BI Pro Trial to 90 Days

With the recent Power BI Licensing Change, Power BI free is ineffective for early adopters to evaluate and champion Power BI within their organization. That means that Power BI Pro is the only option. It would greatly help the Early Adopters if the Power BI Pro trial was extended to 90 days.

The Early Adopters already face a lot of uphill battles
                - Usually an entrenched Old Age BI Tool
                - The reaction of IT to go slow towards any new change
                - Convincing Management and Peers that Power BI delivers incredible value
                etc.

A 60-day trial means that the…

23 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Please FIX/REVIEW your recent changes to the PRO licensing pricing structure

Power BI Team,

Your recent changes/fixes to PRO licensing pricing has caused widespread concern and discussion amongst the community. This is due to Microsoft no longer allowing end users/consumers to access Power BI workgroup reports & dashboards. Reports were suddenly inaccessible in organisations that had built Power BI frameworks over the past 2 years. Your new structure now forces these companies to purchase PRO licenses for ALL users regardless of whether they use it or not.

Unfortunately, Power BI is now the most expensive BI product for large organisations, whom I believe are your primary customers.

The community has not…

97 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Share Reports & Dashboards to specific people (without Power Bi Pro)

The only way to share dashboards and reports to other people (privately) is by having the Power Bi Pro license. It would be nice to have a way to do it without the license.

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow users without Office 365 subscription to buy PowerBI Pro licenses

Our organization has been using the PowerBI Pro free trial and we only days away from expiration yet we are unable to purchase the Pro Version. Microsoft tech support has not been able to help us. We keep getting error messages. The last comment from support was that there is currently no way to purchase pro licenses without subscription to Office 365. We are users of regular OFFICE PRO.

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Better pricing model

I can understand the need for Pro license for users who need to create and publish reports. However I strongly disagree that users should need a Pro license for simply viewing the reports.
                        The previous model was so much better that way where in users with Free service could still view the reports and apply filters.
                        This new model is making us migrate away from Power BI and explore other BI tools.

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Change app workspace icon without needing Office 365

You should be able to change a published app's icon picture without having Office 365, especially when paying for a power bi pro license

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• PowerBI for Independent Analysts

The license agreement for downloading a free 60-day trial makes it clear one needs to be part of an organization.
                            I am an independent analyst who would like to do analysis for a not-for-profit, am I allowed to use PowerBI? I would appreciate it if Microsoft made this clear (that I cannot, or how to register as an individual who is not part of an organization)

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Power BI Server for SMEs

I understand the reason for Power BI Premium to make it more cost efficient for large organisations. However, in doing so you have totally cut off many many small to medium businesses. Lots of my clients are looking at Power BI and want to be able to collaborate dashboards and reports with a small number of report writers (1-10) and then a small group of consumers (5-100). In addition most of them already have SSRS report so the Power BI Server would be perfect to have a one stop portal for all reporting. The minimum £3000 per month is totally…

29 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • power bi pro "lite" license

Create a Power BI Pro "Lite" license for the cases when Power BI dashboards/reports are using a direct query to Azure Analysis Services. We are using Azure Analysis Services as a more flexible option behind Power BI (an other analytical tools) and having to pay a full Power BI Pro license for every user is hard to sell when the Azure Analysis Services is doing half of the work and we are paying separately for it. Power BI Premium seems to be the step in the right direction, but not exactly, unless we are able to replace our Azure Analysis…

3 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Show Free License trial period

An option in admin account (Pro account) to know if the free license trial period has expired of Free license accounts.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• More Pricing options for PowerBI server

PowerBI server is a fantastic product and it has excellent value, but the price entry is very high for SME.

we would like to have more options to buy entry level capacity than scale from there, Come on Microsoft, a more elastic pricing to cater for all the segments of the market, as right now only big corporate can afford it.

13 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Premium - Create Multiple Apps from 1 Workspace

We need to be able to create multiple Apps from a single workspace.

My business has just moved over to premium on the basis that you get everything you have with pro licences but you users don't have to be individually named.

I need to clarify that this isn't strictly the case. With PowerBI premium you can now only share via Apps. Any other form of sharing requires a pro licence. The consequence of this is that you have to share EVERYTHING that resides in a workspace.

In the case of our business we have a data model that produces…

9 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • There is a need for a separate forum for Power BI Premium

Can we have a new forum dedicated to Power BI Premium please ? I would assume that you'll soon be getting a lot of questions relating to this directly as more organisations adopt it

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Any Certified Custom Visuals have any additional license Cost?

There are certiifed custom visuals for the Power BI ? To use those in the reporting for commercial product, we need to pay any additional license cost?

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.