Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make chart size settable in pixels / printable units (in/cm)

Make charts have a settable size (pixels/inches/centimeters) so that I can ensure each chart is exactly the same size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved Slicer

It would be better if the Slicer Filter had the property so you click to replace a variable (rather than to include another variable).

Then you could use ctrl to add and shift to select a range.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize report page size

• Ability to either change the size of the report page to fit more data on it, or allow visualisations to be placed off the page

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Editing of Page Tabs

We should be able to change the name of the page tabs in a report to be descriptive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Universal Filter" for all report pages

Currently we have option of two filters in report
    a. Visual filter for an object
    b. Page filter for full page

Very importantly needed a third "Report Filter"- Universal wherein I can control all pages information (QlikSense does it very nicely).
    Since all visualization can't be fitted in one page, we distribute the same across different pages in report.
    If I want to know the performance of specific sales region or specific category, I have to filter every time I switch pages.
    This simple feature is actually the most powerful one if I select one Universal filter, and all pages…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy/duplicate existing reports and dashboards

Hello,

It would be nice if we could duplicate existing report or dashboard in PowerBI. It would save some time when you create similar report to already existing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rename Pages inside reports

Renaming pages inside reports like you can rename worksheets in excel is needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the ability to remove filters or change the scope of a filter from page to chart (or the entire report).

It is very easy to accidentally add multiple filters or get the scope wrong, and I don't see any way to change this other than starting over. This causes visual clutter. I don't just want to clear the filters, I want to remove the extra ones or fix the scope.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Proper order of days

When you choose to sort the days, it currently doesn't arrange according to the days of the week.

It should be able to arrange things by Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. In addition, on which day to start i.e. Tuesday - Monday instead of Monday - Sunday.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hyper links to One Note

Would like the ability for users to be able to click a link, which would open a One Note file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For the treemap visualization, it would be nice to be able to turn off the legend for the "Group" item.

There are cases where the treemap grouping by itself is all the visual that you need, and the legend simply adds clutter to the report. It would be nice to be able to turn that off in a chart option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Navigation Pane

Have a navigation pane for report pages. Report pages can be named.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I can add filters to charts and page in a intuitive way (right click -> add to filter maybe)

Currently filters is hidden an my reports end users are finding it difficult to edit filters. Can I make it easy and intuitive to add a field as a filter (using right click -> add to filter) etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The filter UI is clunky and difficult to use. Consider usability improvements.

The filter UI is clunky and difficult to use. Consider usability improvements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sorting ability for reports in PowerBI.com

Currently, there's no sorting mechanism for the reports in PowerBI.com. We need a mechanism to sort categories by their associated measure values.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to regenerate report tile

When you create a report, eg connect to Excel with Power View you get a link to the report (tile) on the dashboard. If you delete that report tile or want that report tile on another dashboard there is no way I can see to recreate it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG: Complete loss of work while saving report

I accidentally clicked on the "Retail Analysis Sample" dashboard (out of the box sample dashboard) and then clicked in my newly uploaded dataset and started building charts and then clicked Save. I immediately clicked on the page title "Microsoft Power BI Public Preview" while I barely saw a warning toast that said "Warning: This dashboard is read only, your changes will not be saved." and since I had already clicked the title the page navigated to the landing page and my work was lost.

Repro
    1. Have a dataset ready to use.
    2. Click on the out of the box…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. support no calc on numeric values

Selecting a numeric value for a report, it defaults to Sum. It allows for changing to Average, Count, Min, Max... it should also support No calculation or as a value only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.