Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multi-row card

Display units formatting for multi-row card visual (like single card visual)

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display number of rows resulted after applying filters in a tabular report

Our users often have the need to export reports when in a tabular format. Very frequently, they see that the numbers seen on the services does not match what was downloaded, because the export has reached its limitation of 150K rows. This is a huge waste of time. It would be good to see the number of rows that result after applying filters, somewhere on the report header, so that the users can decide whether they want to export the results in excel or apply further filters to reduce the number of rows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Subscription Send After Any Successful Refresh

Many people need to send out subscriptions multiple times in a single day. To have subscriptions sent out after a successful refresh (throughout the day), a person can either perform this manually, or schedule a refresh slightly earlier than a subscription. The second option enables automation, but the results are often unsatisfactory. Specifically, the refresh fails or hangs up, and the subscription goes out anyway. Enabling subscription send following any successful refresh would help automate this. Thank you for your time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Synchronize scrolling between two graphs

I have two graphs with the same time period along the x-axis and displaying the same attributes but with two measures. I would like to be able to synchronizes the horizontal scrolling so that as the user scrolls through time they can visually compare the two measures between the top and bottom graph.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to control which reports have their report pages expanded in Apps

Ability to control which reports have their report pages expanded in Apps
    Currently in the new navigation experience in Apps the first reports has its report pages expanded and visible, but any other reports in the App just show the report and the individual report pages are not visible. Can we have the functionality to control this, preferably for each report in the App but at a minimum so all the reports show the same either just report titles visible for all reports or all the report titles and reports pages visible.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export to PowerPoint with individual image elements

Currently, the Export to PowerPoint feature exports one image file per report. Update the Export to PowerPoint feature to support exporting an image per report visual instead.

727 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Advanced Filter panel

While working with our customers, we have 3 requests to make for filter panel :

1) allow us to decide which side to keep the filter panel
    2) allow us to decide interaction between a filter and the visuals on the page. at present, i can not make a filter work with some of the visuals on a page (not all visuals need the filter). e.g. a trend chart doesn't need to be filtered by date dimension but the other visuals on the same page will need it.
    3) allow filtering of values in a filter using a metric something…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lock colors/colours to specific data categories

Add this feature in the theme so that in all the visuals throughout the report your data categories the same predefined colors. For example you would want to link colors to these keywords in the json file. Now we need to manually chose the right color for each category and again for each visual.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. brackets around negative numbers

Please include the ability to add brackets and conditional formatting to negative numbers for anything that isn't in just the format ($ currency). It's really annoying for everyone else in the world that doesn't just report in $....

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Single-click drillthrough

The current method of using "drillthrough" is tedious and not obvious.

I propose a new implementation of drillthrough: single-click. Instead of right-clicking on a row, table or visual and selecting form a context menu, let's have the ability to setup a row, table or visual as a single-click drillthrough.

498 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Folders in Workspace

Folders in workspaces foster hierarchical organization within workspaces. Currently, you can create workspaces but each report is on the same level within those workspaces. You as administrator can't organize them and users that have access to those workspaces have to scroll through multiple reports.

Seems like a very Microsoft feature that folks would use and like!

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow export of summarized data

Power BI leads the user to believe it is possible to export summarized data at the level of the current view. In fact, the result of [Matrix grid] > Ellipsis > Export data is that data is exported at the lowest level of the drill-down path.

In one case, I am viewing 4 rows of data in my matrix grid (drilled up to the top level of the data hierarchy). When I export to xlsx, i get over 15,000 rows of data (summarized at the lowest level of my data hierarchy).

Users should be able to export data at the…

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Usage Monitoring - Paginated Reports/Subscriptions

As paginated reports become more & more robust within Power BI, the ability to track & monitor those reports should as well. When we think of tracking the performance of these reports we should adapt the metrics to monitor the subscriptions of these reports as well.

Some valuable data points would be:

Total number of Subscriptions per report (Provide details at the workspace level, even tenant level for tenant admins)

Delivery insights (Was the subscription workflow successfully sent, idle, or failed)

Subscription details (User details, and frequency of subscription)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. URL as function for buttons

Please add the possibility to enter URL's as a function/action for buttons/images. This way it would be very easy to, for example, place links to related websites (i.e. sources) and a button to toggle to a "fullscreen-mode" (?chromeless=1).

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to wrap text in button feature for button text visualization

It would be great if we can text wrap lengthy button text. Sometimes for consistency with slicer we need to have same dimensional for button as slicer. Due to which button lengthy text isn't visible in button

283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. option to export users and group

option to export users and group. I have 100 + users who has access to a data set. i need an extract to share it with someone to review. i dont see an option to export the list of users who has access to the dataset

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable Drill through for Card or Kpi Visuals

Allow drill through from any Advanced Card or Card or KPI. You can right click and see the drill through options but when you select one the drill through page does not open up. This would be a great way for a user to transition from quick answers on a Card or KPI more detailed information on a full report page.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Rescaling of bubble size on Map visual with play axis

We have been using the play axis together with the map visual to animate the development of forecast solar and wind capacity in Australia over the next 20 years. When using the play axis however, as the size of the largest bubble changes, all other bubbles are rescaled. Visually this makes it look like the values in each bubble are increasing or decreasing when in reality they are the same as the previous year, they are just being rescaled.

Currently we are working around this by looking at the size of the largest bubble over the 20 year horizon, adding…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Conditional hide visuals based on value

Would be useful to be able to use for example variable to calculate value and based on that value to show/hide a graphical visual . If conditions are met, show visual, otherwise hide.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Retrieve all page and report -level filter contexts

I'm looking for a way to visualize all applied filters at the page and report level, at a given time. The reason for this is when exporting data/charts out of a report I'd like for applied filter information to be shared to whoever is on the receiving end. This will the chance of watered down data reaching my users.

I'm not 100% on the best end-result on this but I see it going one of three ways...
    1) DAX function which concatenates [Dimension] - [Filter] - [Page/Report]
    2) Built-in on the server for all reports (display option on top-bar perhaps) …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.