Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Paginated Report Builder - create front page for exporting

The possibility to be able to create a front page for reports. This front page is not needed on the service, but would be very helpfull on exporting for the end-users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Do not disable scheduled refresh when failure is due to lack of resources in Premium tier

If the failure is internal within the PowerBI system and not a data or connection error to a source, scheduled refresh should not be disabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Incluir eixo de valores no layout para celular

Mais detalhamento na visualização do celular, como por exemplo os valores dos eixos de uma gráfico.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Acquista database di alta qualità registrato / falso, patente di guida italiana, carte d'identità, ((docconsultancy99@gmail.com))

Acquista database di alta qualità registrato / falso, patente di guida italiana, carte d'identità, ((docconsultancy99@gmail.com))

24Document Consultants è la società più affidabile e può aiutarti con tutte le tue false patenti di guida italiane e carte d'identità italiane e patenti di guida italiane autentiche e necessità di carte d'identità italiane. Realizziamo falsi di alta qualità, nonché patenti di guida italiane registrate, carte d'identità,
    Puoi ordinare una falsa patente di guida italiana e carte d'identità italiane online da noi e avere la certezza che ti verrà fornita una falsa patente di guida italiana di alta qualità e carte d'identità…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide an option to view the comments of report respected shared users

it is used to chat with users internally regarding report

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Publish timestamp

When PBI reports are published to online service, there isn't a date/time stamp for last updated file. This can be very helpful

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Getting control over report pages using Query Chaching

Hello, I learned from your support page (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-query-caching) that only the landing page of a report is cached. In a given case of a more complex report in my enterprise enviornment, it would also be great as report / capacity admin to gain control over which specific report pages are to be cached (and which not). As I learned from this comment here (https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/powerbi-docs/issues/1124) there shouldn't be much effect on the capcity doing this, right? And even though it would, as capacity owner the transparency about the respective memnory consumption (e.g. in the Capacity Metric App)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. App Workspace Sizes

We are looking to extract metadata and statistcs beyond usage from the PBI Service - for example, what are sources and connection types for datasets, which reports use which datasets, which datasets use which gateways, the size of imported datasets, the size of app workspaces, refresh logs of dataset, etc. This is available by looking at individual object settings, but is not available to have a overview of all of it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Include refresh failures in premium capacity report

One of your Microsoft representatives when visited our company showed an internal premium capacity report which has failures associated with refreshes... please release that publicly, it is a pain now to peek into workspaces to find the failures

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premium Capacity Metrics - Recommend and Automate Capacity Size Management

A new feature in the Premium Capacity Monitoring App (Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics report) to suggest or recommend the capacity size based on the performance, report types & usage/workload.

It would be awesome if there was a AI type feature that automatically calculates the recommended capacity to suit the selected app workspace (or all workspaces) to deliver the optimal user experience. This could initially be a single metric on the dashboard that shows an up/down arrow. Potentially a user load time type threshold slider could be used in this app/report by the capacity administrator.

Ideally this could then drive…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. if I want to publish workspace as an APP and share it with larger user community by assigning outlook AD group at APP access level, AD Group

if I want to publish workspace as an APP and share it with larger user community by assigning outlook AD group at APP access level, AD Group members are not getting the Power BI notifications via email as its difficult to notify that APP is modified recently?
    It will be good if group users can get notification via email.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Possibility to download the full Workspace , instead of downloading single reports in Service

I want the potential to download the whole workspace in a service , instead of downloading a single file from a workspace, so its saves time when it comes for migration purpose from one doamin to another domain

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export the refresh history details of the Datasets in Premium workspace (with custom selection datasets) in excel or csv format

Needed the export refresh history details of the Datasets in Premium workspace (with custom selection datasets) in excel or csv format. This will be very useful for developers who develop and monitor the dataloads at initial development cycle

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Premium cost is very high

Premium cost is very high and it not bear medium scale company. Please look for law cost product with premium features and law capacity.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Premium  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Modificar herramienta de paginación y enlace de redes sociales de la vista publica del código de inserción HTML

Poder cambiar de posición la herramienta de paginación ya que actualmente esta fija en la parte de abajo y el desplazamiento entre varias hojas en un informe es mas visible en la parte superior y adicional a esto es de suma importancia poder ocultar los enlaces de redes sociales ya que para poder compartir los informes internamente a los colaboradores de la empresa es recomendable ocultar esa parte.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The workspace capacity of apps using Power BI Premium is not displayed correctly.

I am creating a workspace for apps that use Power BI Premium.
    When referring to the list of datasets from the group storage management, all datasets are not displayed.
    I want you to see the size of all deployed datasets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Max size limit on total memory consumption for workspaces on premium capacity.

Proposed Idea - Add Max Memory Size configuration option on workspace when we move it on a Premium capacity.

Why ? -
    Currently any Premium workspace user can abuse capacity usage by adding unlimited number of models.
    This affects performance of other workspaces which are sharing same premium capacity.
    Having an upper limit on premium will shield it from affecting other workspace reports peformance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Role Memberships in XMLA End Point

Having XMLA end points for all my models in Premium Capacity is great since I can query those models via DMVs to create data dictionaries, relationship diagrams, etc. However, a huge missing piece is being able to query role memberships. I can see the roles, can see the DAX expression used by those roles, but I cannot see the users assigned to each roles. I would like to be able to see the users to audit RLS across all of my models.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premium Capacity Metrics - show workspace owner

When investigating memory issues with large datasets it is important to be able to quickly contact the workspace owner(s). On the "IDs and Info" tab can the workspace owner be added?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.