Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a PowerBI solution template for Dynamics NAV.

Create a PowerBI solution template for Dynamics NAV. This is required because the current NAV connector only works with the online version of NAV and does not work with an on-premise version, which means that the majority of NAV customers cannot use the connector and therefore cannot access pre-build reports and dashboards.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Solution Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • PowerPoint export template

When exporting to PowerPoint, it would be great if the PowerPoint template could be changed. Perhaps possibility to change standard template by tenant / app workspace or something like that? When we have some corporate standard reports we really need to use the company standard template before redistributing exported reports.

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Time Intelligence - Allow General References in Date Table to Report MTD, QTD, YTD

It seems that quick measures for MTD, QTD, YTD will not display results in tables, or charts if the related date elements are not included in the values. For example, including only the Month in a matrix will display blanks for the quick measure: Sales YTD = IF(ISFILTERED('Calendar'[Date]), ERROR("Time intelligence quick measures can only be grouped or filtered by the Power BI-provided date hierarchy."),TOTALYTD('Sales'[Sales], 'Calendar'[Date].[Date])).
        However, the same date values will display results for the formula: Current YTD (Manual) = CALCULATE(Sales[Sales],DATESYTD('Calendar'[Date])).
        The time intelligence quick measures should be more flexible in how they are reported.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Solution templates should support D365 Customer Service

Wouldn't this be great addition to the D365 suite of solution templates.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• "Cloud for Customer"

SAP Cloud for Customer (C4C) reports are limited. users need better reporting capability for reports mashing up data from C4C and ECC. Just as Microsoft created "Salesforce Sales Management" solution template, they should focus on creating the same for SAP C4C which is gaining momentum in the CRM marketspace. By this maybe Microsoft can beat SAP at reporting needs as PowerBi is included in O365

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.