Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Updating multiple workspaces keeping parameters the same

We have multiple reports with more or less the same queries running. The difference is each report uses different parameters. When we're making a significant change to the reports, this requires then to be done in each report (or adjust each parameter in the correct version). Make it possible to update multiple reports by publishing this in multiple workspaces (but keep the existing parameters the same). This way version control on multiple reports is manageable and new functionalities can be added easily.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability To Enter Comments In a Table or Matrix Graphic

Similar to the idea for commenting on dashboards, but expanded to the table or matrix graphics. Would be a huge win if was integrated in the reports rolls out of commenting.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-dashboard-comments-in-power-bi/

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide further data for the O365 Adoption Preview API

It would be great if in the O365 Adoption Preview, we could break down some of the data further. I would love to break down activity usage per department on a month-by-month basis, however it seems that with the way the data relationships are pulled in - the API doesn't allow for these breakdowns. I can either choose monthly overall activity usage for the whole organisation, or a company breakdown on only the last month's figures.

The monthly data for previous months seem to consist of fixed, predetermined totals rather than figures allocated to specific users which prevents us from…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email Format Improvements or Ability to Modify

I need the ability to modify the email format that gets sent through subscriptions. The size of the image in the email is far too small to be legible in an email window (both on phone and desktop), and prevents us from using subscriptions to fully automate our reporting. This is the biggest drawback to adoption that I face today. Execs don't like the small print or the thick Microsoft borders, which combined require them to open the attachment to read what is supposed to be a quick flash of data for them. It would be great if we had…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Teams data to the Office365 Adoption Report

The supplied user adoption report should include data and metrics on Teams in Office365 Adoption report. Please add this content in addition to the metrics supplied on all the other apps in the suite

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integrate Power BI Desktop & SSAS Tabular to one developement tool

As a Self Service BI Manager - Working With a lot of client/enterprises - in my experience -
    Power bi desktop 10 times advanced then ssas tabular
    with the "m" functionality an a lot of advanced features

that ssas tabular missing - or - more complicated to maintain the same functionality.
    Way so - it should be more advanced developing work space - like power bi desktop - for large scales of data - that is the real :next generation of BI !!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pass-Thru Authentication for O365

Allow pass through authentication for PowerBI to your PowerBI Tenant. Even though PowerBI is part of the O365 stack it has a separate authentication layer. This causes problem when attempting to use O365 content in PowerBI reports. Specifically images that they user normally would have access to don't work until the user manually connect to either Sharepoint Online or Devle

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide sample pbix files for newly released key features

The key features are great but sometimes it is hard to create a sample report in power bi to showcase the feature. It would be helpful to have the files being used in the videos or sample pbix to test and showcase the features.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Office 365 Videos and Other Work Loads Usage in Adoption content pack

Could you please include Office 365 Videos and Other Work Loads Usage in Adoption content pack as you have done for existing work loads.

Please include other ones which are not included so that we can adopt users, measure and push for more usage to organisation

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. External Guest Users - Limited # of Free Licenses

I think the feature that expands access for external guest users is great especially when I found it worked with RLS. My suggestion to help adoption is to give tenants free Pro licenses to assign to guest users. It would provide a viral way to introduce Power BI in other organizations. You can do something along the lines of you get 1 free guest Pro license for every 10 Pro Licenses you subscribe to.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Providing links to visuals.To be able to link text to visuals in Power BI.

If we can provide hyperlink to text in Power BI. Hyperlink should take us to to the visual whose link is provided. It will be great if we can get this feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Admins to subscribe users to a dashboard/report

It would be nice for the creator of reports to be able to create user subscriptions in their organizations (instead of relying on users to subscribe). I've added a lot of users to an app but still only have a small subset of users actually using it. I think it would help drive adoption of the tool (at least in my org).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Organizational Governance of User Capabilities and Content

Administrators need a way to manage numerous key aspects of Power BI.
    Creating an App from a workspace and sharing that application to the entire organization is great. However, it requires all users to have access to Power BI. As much as we would like our users to use Power BI correctly without any centralized governance it is not practical.
    Users should be able to view apps/reports/dashboards shared with them but Administrators should be able to:
    1) Control who can create an artifact in Power BI (even within their "My Workspace")
    2) View and manage (delete, move, rename, etc) all…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow full screen report with no tack ons

As Dashboard functionality is severely limited, the only way to build a seriously attractive "dashboard" is as a Report. This generally involves using a custom background and works best when presented in absolute full screen.

No Page bar, no Filters bar, no navigation (although it would be nice to be able to self place navigation elements on the report itself). Please allow these to be turned off/on as desired.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. more export options and automatic emails

I am researching potential Reporting & Analytics tools for my company and find that Power BI has a lot of potential but does not yet have features that we find necessary such as non-image exports and automatic emails. I find it quite disappointing that I am unable to find an actual contact to discuss what Power BI can do, and what is coming in the future and when.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. power BI adoption content pack refresh time

let us know the refresh time of the adoption cotent pack and whether we have option to see the live data

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Terminology - 'Thin' report to describe a report that is authored using an existing shared data model

We are wondering if we can get you guys to leverage the use of the term “Thin Report” to describe reports that are written by someone (report writer) that is leveraging a common data model to produce the report.

We consider an Ad-hoc report, or a custom report as follows:
    Any report created by a PBI user, sourcing data within PBI outside of a common data model, with the intent to create a report to satisfy a specific need for themselves or a small group of people. These reports can be created and used one time or can reside in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shared Datasets: Save as to a workspace besides My Workspace

I LOVE Shared Datasets. It would be great if we could save as a report from one Workspace to Another. This would enable departments to make official reports their own by customizing them for their own (shared) purposes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. show a button to test row level security in the service

When testing Row Level Security in the service you have to know that there is a hidden elipse ... that will appear when you hover your mouse next to the role. Can we have a nice clear button or something saying View as Role instead? At least make the ... visible

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ecxellent!

Not Yet!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.