Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need On/Off switch for any feature that has security or privacy implications

Need On/Off switch for any feature. Particularly those have security or privacy implications

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shareable Enterprise Quick Measures

Create a second set of measures that can be stored as shareable Quick Measures using named Users. Will help propagate standardization, knowledge sharing, staff efficiency and consistency across the enterprise

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User Flow for Usage Reports

I would like to know the user flow of each user using the report. Basically, to know in what sequence they use the report, to understand the story/questions the user is looking for.

If you can provide the above at tile level instead of page level it would be mindblowing!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notifications on delete of dataset/report/dashboard

When a dataset/report/dashboard is added to a shared workspace, users get notifications.

When a dataset/report/dashboard is deleted from a shared workspace, users do not get notifications. Why? I would prefer to get them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. publish content packs and apps permission to apply to all apps

it looks like there's a new tenant level setting "Publish Content Packs and Apps to the Entire Organization" - but it only works if the app is published to the entire organisation. Can you please make this apply to all apps, regardless of which groups (or not) they're published to? Most of my clients' apps are published to specific groups, which is probably the way more common use case.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use Power BI to report on this Power BI Ideas Site

My suggestion applies to this site in general. I'd like to see which top ideas were implemented and which ones were not. So a way for you to be transparent with how much you are listening to your users. Wouldn't it be great if you had a reporting tool you could embed in this site to show thru some good visualizations? Hint, hint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use the app workspaces team sharepoint site as the landing page for shared workspaces

The Workspace files facility feels like an after thought. It isn't easy to find and doesn't integrate well.

I think a brilliant idea would be to have the Sharepoint Team Site that gets created for an app workspace to be the default landing page for that workspace. All the left menu items in power bi should be in the left menus in the sharepoint site so they both effectively become the same thing.

Coupled with this we should be able to store our pbix files in here with versioning and deploy them to Power BI stright from the context menu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Separate group ownership from group membership

Our company reporting structure changes frequently and our BI team needs to be able to leverage the "Reports To" field of Azure AD Premium to dynamically determine group Membership. Individuals on our BI team must be able to possess Ownership, sans Membership, of multiple groups so that they can manage Power BI content for multiple workspaces. Currently, membership in multiple groups would require the BI team to "Report to" multiple people within the organization, which is not reflective of the typical business environment and is not an enterprise level solution. To enable company-wide adoption of Power BI, Group Ownership should…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to still get to their data after 6 months.

Support hasn't been able to figure out why my company email as account sign in no longer works after using the desktop and powerbi.com site for over 6 months. It would be really beneficial if customers could trust that they can still get to their data after signing up for Power BI service. That way they can do their job of analyzing data using this tool. Seems like this "feature" would really help in user adoption.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need ability to establish a tentant specific privacy notice

In addition to the standard Microsoft product privacy notice, we need the ability for our company to post a company specific privacy notice.

The Power BI admin should have the ability to append a tenant specific privacy notice to the Power BI tenant, so that users are aware of their corporate privacy policies.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. XMLA read only for PRO Users

there a some data analytics we like to do in Python, I know we can use the data source but having access to the same data Model is better for consistency and using same source of truth, currently it is not possible as XMLA is premium only and we have only PRO license.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Possibility to subscribe to report with table filling more than one page. If you have a table that is taller than one page.

When having built a report with a table that is a little longer than exactly one page, it would be nice to still be able to see the rest of the table when you subsribe to that report.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Requires “Copy and Paste” option in iPad

I am using Power BI app on iPad. I can’t copy and paste data from Power BI to other Microsoft apps in my iPad. Can you please bring this option, so that iPad users will be satisfied.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable Double Left-Click Drill Down, Double Right-Click Drill Up

Enable x2 Left-Click Drill-Down, x2 Right-Click Drill-Up

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. User Search - a way to see which workspaces a user is enrolled in

It would be nice to be able to search by any particular user in the org and see which workspaces they are assigned to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Overwrite a locally published .pbix file with one in one drive

We have a lot of .Pbix files that were published locally to the service. We now want to move to saving these files in One drive for business and use the version control and sync functions. But when I attempt to overwrite the file by using the get data option it creates a copy rather then asking if I want the option to overwrite. As you can imagine if we have dashboards created off these reports I do not really want to have to recreate all these.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. OneNote FAQ for reports that are shared via Apps

Ability to share a OneNote notebook with the users of the app. It would be useful for guides to the datasets, reports and datasets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sort the currency format list by country

Try to find a specifc currency format isn't practice through language. Use the country as sort parameter. Will be faster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Power BI Mail sent and Receive external metrics

Adoption content pack does not show the mail sent and received externally . we want to identify how many mails sent from our originization to external and internal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Version numbers

we have enabled adoption content pack in our tenant. We have noticed outlook client does not show the version of the client

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.