Power BI Ideas

How can we improve Power BI?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. where can i buy ielts band 9 online without exams in pakistan(nebosh.2017@yahoo.com)

whatsapp (+237651104272)(authenticdocument at yahoo dot com) buy/get real ielts/Purchase/obtain ielts certificate, get registered ielts certificate without exam in pakistan/india/australia/SaudiRabia/lebanon/UAE, original nebosh certificate, buy/order original/legit ielts certificate in India, buy original ielts certificate pakistan/ nebosh in qatar, buy nebosh certificate without exams, real ielts for sale, buy genuine/verifiable ielts, obtain authentic ielts in pakistan, where can i buy ielts without exams, get ielts band 7, english language certificate

You Have Problems in getting the required scores in Ielts,Toefl, Pte, Gmat, Gre, Nebosh, SAT,Esol, Toiec, Oet, ACT, GED, Usmle, Psat, lsat, Celban, FCE, CAE,CPE, BEC, Fle, Tesol, without exams/test???
    At our association…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

76 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • The shared dashboard email from the service should have a link to an intro video

The email that is generated from Power BI when someone shares a dashboard should include a link to a short video on how to navigate the service aimed at end users of the service e.g. “First time user? Find out how to get the most out of Power BI”. We certainly had several users who have
      • Not realised the reports have multiple tabs
      • Not realised they can drill through from the dashboard to reports
      • Don’t know about the “drill down” functionality
      • Struggle with filters
      • Won’t realise they can now drill through
      • Don’t know they…

26 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Merge ideas on ideas forum

I find the idea forum is loaded with duplicates of ideas where votes and comments are split between multiple threads.
        It would be useful if the community could propose a merger with other ideas on the forum (with the link) and then admins could merge the ideas and remove the duplicates.

I think this would make it easier for Microsoft to gain a clearer idea of what users want. And for users would help their ideas to gain a common thread of conversation, plus gain a stronger voice for the ideas they want.

15 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Export visual as picture

Having the ability to copy a visual (with applied highlighting) to paste into other applications would allow for reports to be written with narrative around each visual.

If pasted into a Microsoft office application it could carry the link back to the relevant report (if permissions allowed) with the filters that feed the visual, essentially a bookmark link.

Would be great if this would include all of the visual, rather than just what is displayed on screen, for example a matrix with all the rows. (Should also apply for printing)
          Could wrap the picture in a power bi branded frame…

7 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Trial test for Power BI Premium

There should be a trial test for Power BI Premium. At least limited to only one workgroup, and only 1GB per dataset as it is for Power BI PRO. This way we can test its capacity and way to interact with Power BI Service and SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).

10 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • "Copy to workspace" functionality for Apps

Currently it seems that it's impossible for end-users to access the dataset in Power BI - only in Excel! That's kinda crazy - please enable similar "copy to workspace" functionality as content packs.
              In particular, it should be possible for users to copy a report from an App and customize it - we need this for several use cases.

9 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Export to Powerpoint with filters

We need the ability to export with current filters selected. Without this capability the export function is limited. Export to Adobe with preselected filter without having to save the report would work as well.

28 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Mention someone in comment to send email/chat linking back to specific visual/bookmark

It would be super helpful to be able to mention someone in a comment to send an email and/or Teams chat notification with a link back to the specific report visual/bookmark.

Please also try and align this user experience with Excel and across Office 365.

Excel: https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/16832272-allow-me-to-mention-someone-to-send-simple-notifi

O365: https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/19592158-add-mention-function-in-comments-in-all-online-of

4 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow admins to control which users' identities are exposed in per-user usage metrics

Usage metrics now expose per-user information - i.e. the names of the users that are accessing dashboards and reports.

Allow admins control which users' names and info are picked up by the feature. In other words, admins can choose to "anonymize" certain sets of users so that their names do not appear in usage metrics.

8 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • BRING BACK CUSTOM VISUALS FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTS

Due to current data security considerations, it is not possible for people in my office to sign in to Power BI, since it also includes the Power BI Service. This didn't cause any major problems with learning how to use Power BI, as we could enjoy all the Desktop features. With the custom visuals now off limits to those without the professional account, however, we are limited to whatever comes out of the box. Please switch back the ability to download custom visuals without signing in.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adoption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Can't sign up with my outlook.com work email address. Can't test, so won't recommend PowerBI to clients. Tableau instead. Your loss, sorry.

Microsoft, lots of us solo preneurs drive adoption. Ridiculous that I can't sign up with my only work email address of outlook.com. No wonder my clients have never even heard of Power BI. I drive many Tableau implementations, and would have liked to compare with Power BI. If it's good, I'd recommend it. But I would never recommend or even mention something that I haven't tested end to end. Thus, Power BI will not even be in the conversation with my clients because I can't sign up for an account. Foolish, artificial barrier that ends up hurting you.

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• ArcGIS maps to be located in Power BI tenant's geographic location (e.g. Canada)

Due to our company's privacy policies we need to ensure that ArcGIS maps are located and stored in the national cloud instance, in our case it's Canada. Can we expect this service any time soon?

6 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• publish content packs and apps permission to apply to all apps

it looks like there's a new tenant level setting "Publish Content Packs and Apps to the Entire Organization" - but it only works if the app is published to the entire organisation. Can you please make this apply to all apps, regardless of which groups (or not) they're published to? Most of my clients' apps are published to specific groups, which is probably the way more common use case.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• External Guest Users - Limited # of Free Licenses

I think the feature that expands access for external guest users is great especially when I found it worked with RLS. My suggestion to help adoption is to give tenants free Pro licenses to assign to guest users. It would provide a viral way to introduce Power BI in other organizations. You can do something along the lines of you get 1 free guest Pro license for every 10 Pro Licenses you subscribe to.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Organize Apps - folders, categories, sort by name, author, data source

Our apps are getting messy. We need to have a way to organize the apps into folders. I'd like to be able to assign them categories like engineering, sales, etc. I'd also like to be able to sort apps by name, author, and data source in a list instead of the big squares.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Organizational Governance of User Capabilities and Content

Administrators need a way to manage numerous key aspects of Power BI.
                                  Creating an App from a workspace and sharing that application to the entire organization is great. However, it requires all users to have access to Power BI. As much as we would like our users to use Power BI correctly without any centralized governance it is not practical.
                                  Users should be able to view apps/reports/dashboards shared with them but Administrators should be able to:
                                  1) Control who can create an artifact in Power BI (even within their "My Workspace")
                                  2) View and manage (delete, move, rename, etc) all…

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Friendly query list when connecting to SAP BW

When users connect to a SAP BW data source they are presented with the SAP BW back-end InfoArea hierarchy. This is highly technical in nature and often not primarily designed to be user facing but instead used to manage layered data architectures, security, etc.

Given this, it would be desirable to be able to present an alternative information architecture; a curated, more user friendly layout of queries that are meaningful for analysis in Power BI.

Without such a friendly, understandable structure – there can be difficulty in a user finding information and hence potential adoption issues for BW data sources.…

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• We need a Power BI Personal for non-commercial use

Would love to be able to use Power BI to display personal data and reports to friends and family. I think this would be a great way to showcase the product and would enable those without a corporate Power BI to get started.

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• User Flow for Usage Reports

I would like to know the user flow of each user using the report. Basically, to know in what sequence they use the report, to understand the story/questions the user is looking for.

If you can provide the above at tile level instead of page level it would be mindblowing!!

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Providing links to visuals.To be able to link text to visuals in Power BI.

If we can provide hyperlink to text in Power BI. Hyperlink should take us to to the visual whose link is provided. It will be great if we can get this feature.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Power BI Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.