Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. give the possiblity to search for anything anywhere

in anyfields of the database by simply typing in a search field (like in Qlik sense)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customized buttons

It would be nice if there was the possibility to create customized buttons in a report. These buttons can be used as a shortcut to an other report page.

It would also be nice to make this possibilty on visuals (e.g. if you click on a visual you 'll be forwarded towards a report page which contains a detailed static table/matrix about the specific data the visual was providing.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Office 365 Role - Power BI Report Publisher - with the ability for the user to publish & maintain reports in groups they are not a member of

I would like to propose a new Office 365 role - a "Power BI Report Publisher" role or something similar (in the same way there is a Power BI Service Administrator role), that gives the user the ability to publish reports to groups they are not a member of, and also the ability to maintain/manage them.

My reasoning for this is that the people providing/developing/maintaining reports are not necessarily members of the groups they need to publish to. We are creating and maintaining reports for various groups of users across our organisation, but I don't want to (and shouldn't need…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Diffrent Combo-Chart Legend Icons to be dependant if its on the column or line (mock up included)

Right now the bullet icons represent colour but it's not instantly clear which values for which part of the chart. This would be most beneficial in combo charts.

To better articulate my idea, here is a mock up:
    http://i.imgur.com/YtjgP6P.png

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export Data to CSV

Export Data to CSV schould recoverd all the datasets and not only a port og them. i tried it more than 50000 datasets but in the csv file were only 31000 datasets exported.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. there should be a button to make a goat milk chocolate

Basically instead of milk chocolate why cant we have goats milk chocolate... cow is too mainstream

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Legend labels limited to show only displayed data on a chart

Currently the legend is showing all categories/series that the chart is supposed to display. There should be the option for the legend to show only what is available/displayed on the chart. In a case with multiple series added on a graphpaired with 1 or more slicers, we might want to show less on the legend to make it easier to read.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Place to store company assets such as jpeg and video to be used in company reports.

We want to show pictures in a report based on a slicer value. We don't want to put the pictures on a public website. I can place pictures on a webserver hosted in the company domain but this only works if you are connected to the domain.
    I want a secure place to upload this content so that it is always accessible for colleagues with Power BI access.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Couldn't load the data for this visual Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later. Please try again later or contact

Couldn't load the data for this visual
    Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
    Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
    Http Status Code401
    Activity ID53eaf9f3-1117-41af-ba48-2e271cec4375
    Correlation ID42ee255c-cc1c-8955-098b-718e77a78cca
    Request IDddebe6c0-0df1-bc9e-a484-05945bde7861
    TimeWed Dec 21 2016 20:37:17 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
    Version13.0.1700.811
    Cluster URIhttps://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Get help

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Power BI VBA Object Library

It would be wonderful to have a VBA object library for certain power BI actions like "refresh" and "Publish" (others would be nice too). This could simplify a large amount of workflow for excel or access based users with large local datasets.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. This Forum needs some improvements

Please consider, the ability to filter and sort based on status, date and number of votes makes it easier to find the most relevant Idea instead of creating new ones and make it harder and harder to follow the ideas.
    (Right now the filter options are limited and as soon as you type in the search box you'll even loose those few)

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Workspace roles is needed. It would be nice to be able to distinguish between Administrator , dataset admin, report and dashboard admin

besides the Admin and Reader member role, it would be great in addition to the two mentioned roles to have a dataset admin and a report and dashboard admin.
    the dataset admin should be able to control the dataset and download the .pbix file and edit it.
    the report admin should only be able create and alter reports and dashboards, but should not be able to download the pbix. file

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. distinguish between Administrator , dataset admin, report and dashboard admin and reader roles

besides the Admin and Reader Role, it would be great in addition to the two mentioned roles to have a dataset admin and a report and dashboard admin.
    the dataset admin can control the dataset and download the pbix file and edit it.
    the report admin can only create reports and dashboards, but cannot download the pbix. file

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. fix the "duration" error

Hi,

When editing a query and setting the data type to "duration", there is an error, and a workaround is necessary. It would be great if Power BI could set the data type to duration more easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Esri Map Allow Data Edits in Info Window

This feature would allow the map creator and shared users to make edits edits to the data behind the map. Specifically I want to make an employee coverage (aka territory) map based on zip codes. I would like managers to be able to edit coverage areas via something like a covered/not covered radio button in the info window. As soon as I display coverage areas on a map users immediately see areas they want to add and delete so my hope is not to have to make my users open a second application to make changes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve audit logging

1. Identify "Free Users" in the audit log.

2. Include data in the audit log that will provide more information about the data source (e.g. the server / database name or the location of the file from which the data has originated. The dashboard name is all well and good but it can be misleading.

3. Recipient email addresses are not always logged in the audit log when a dashboard is shared. This needs to be fixed.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. STOP adding all shared dashboards to "My Workspace" by default

Reposting from my "issue" thread (because frankly this felt more like bad behavior of PBI than just a "good idea"):

Every time anyone in my organization (and it's a BIG organization) shares a dashboard on Power BI with any group I happen to be a part of (and have I said it's a BIG ORGANIZATION), their dashboard gets "pinned" to the left navigation bar automatically. This means I get dozens and dozens of new dashs added to the list weekly, and 99.9% of them I DO NOT CARE ABOUT.

PLEASE STOP THIS MADNESS. I should be able to opt-in

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.