Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Separate scrolls for gateways pane and settings pane on Gateway management

I have been trying to manage a gateway with hundreds of connections in power bi service.
    When I scroll down on the list, the settings pane also scrolls which means that when I select a connection, I have to scroll back up to the top if I want to check/edit the values.

Would it be possible to make these two panes scroll separately?
    It would be really helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve donut chart

Improve original donut chart so it could fill from 0 to 100% for just one category + add ability to change the colour of chart depending on conditions like with other visuals.

For example: If I want to show just one metric it will be half way around for 50% value.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Dynamic currency formatting

There are a number of ideas relating to currency formatting but none quite capture the essence of the issue at hand.

Dynamically changing the currency *is* entirely possible through a number of means.

What isn't possible at the moment is displaying/formatting the output in a meaningful way.

Assuming you have a currency slicer and a 'dynamic' measure, there are as far as I know there are three options:

- Format as decimal number (trusting the user to infer currency from slicer/filter selection)
    - E.g. FORMAT([Sales], "$#,##0.0") which converts the measure to text and we lose the ability to sort values…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. On-Site SEO Techniques Webmaster Should Follow

https://onlinefreeearningtips.com/on-site-seo-techniques-webmaster-should-follow/
    On-Site SEO is depicted as the way toward streamlining your site for clients just as web search tools.

dkumar, we have talked about On-Site SEO procedures and best proposals that any website admin ought to pursue.

It’s an On-Site SEO Practical Guide that investigates both fundamental just as cutting edge strategies for actualizing On-Site SEO for your site or blog.

In this way, on the off chance that you need to be fruitful in the online world (with your site or blog), at that point you have to actualize these On-Site SEO strategies religiously for your blog or site.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Online Survey Jobs: Earn from 20 Best Paid Survey Sites

https://onlinefreeearningtips.com/online-survey-jobs-earn-from-20-best-paid-survey-sites/

Online Survey Jobs: How to Get Paid?
    First I will clarify you about the idea of online reviews in a word and after that I will demonstrate to you the absolute best study destinations where you can get online overview jobs.

What is Online Survey?
    MNC’s (worldwide organizations) need to develop their business by expanding the clearance of their items. They can do this on the off chance that they know the careful taste of the general population they need in any product.

By taking the input from the general population through online reviews, they can make another item…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the mouse wheel to scroll tabs when mouse over the bottom tabs bar

Well the idea is that if you mouse over the tabs bar on the bottom of the screen, using the mouse wheel allows you to scroll right or left all the tabs. (it works so nicely in Tableau already...).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Indent Dashboards, Reports etc in the Navigation Panel

It would be good if the dashboards and reports listed in the left navigation pane would be indented.

At the moment they are inline with the headings (Dashboards, Reports, Datasets, Dataflows) and it hard to see where each section begins and ends

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why is Google App not working on iPhone?

When Google app not working on iPhone then first of all you have to make sure your mobile data or Wi-Fi is on and then you have to check about the latest version of Google app. Need any help then contact with the customer support.
    Click here- http://www.numberszone.com/blog/google-app-not-working-on-iphone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ellipsis(...) on Visual, additional menu "Duplicate this visual" "Send to Back" "Bring to Front"

When clicking on the ellipsis on Visual, basic menu are "Remove" and "Spotlight". It would be nice if we had "Duplicate this visual" "Send to Back" "Bring to Front" also.

I copy a lot of visuals and reuse, but when I click on the text box visual to select, it goes to edit mode and I struggle to select the text box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to Export data for Public Access by any one on the internet(Publish to web Mode)

Add an option to export the entire data from published web report to an excel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Power BI Report Image in email body with Customatization of Email

Email Body contains Report/Dashboard Image with custom configuration.
    We can also configure the Email Subject dynamically from Report and we can set subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Take a month off from new features and focus on bugs/reliability

In the past few months, reliability of refreshes and service performance has been below historical standards. Please focus the development teams on improved communication and efforts to avoid user disruptions. We would trade months of new features for reliable performance. We are advocates and love this tool and don't want users/organizations to lose faith in it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Margin around visuals

Allow setting of margin (controllable by theme) around all visualizations to give more spacing between controls. This can now be accomplished with adding a wider rectangle behind the visual that is the same color, but I would like it to be part of the visual.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Property to toggle visibility of show data option on visuals that have that option

I'd like the ability to toggle the show data option for visuals. The reason being is that we have sensitive data that cannot be shown but the visual (in this case the chloropeth map) is the best to do a comparison against a client. Putting an invisible box over the visual prevents the tooltips from showing up.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Abort Refresh

Sometimes Power BI gets stuck on refreshes, meaning that the report can be paralysed for a long time. Could an "abort refresh" feature be built in, so that if the refresh is dragging on, Power BI reverts to the current version of the data?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get Best Deal Alert by Google Flights from Chicago to Shanghai

Do you know that going to Shanghai in winter is a great idea? First, you should find the destinations on the internet then you will find some fantastic places in shanghai. So if you are planning a holiday to get away from Chicago during winter, then this is the deal for you. As you know that you do not need to buy a credit card or something like it. Now it is a straight forward deal. Just follow some easy steps for getting cheap flights for this trip.

Chicago to Shanghai with Google Flights?

First of all, Open your browser…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we see department total sales by themselves?

Can we see department total sales by themselves?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to show SharePoint site/page in content area of navigation app

Currently you are only able to include a SharePoint page/site to open in a new tab or replace the current tab. Currently, if you try to choose "content area" you get an error "This content can’t be shown in a frame". It would be great to be able to embed SharePoint pages. My current use case is I'd like to create informational SharePoint Wiki pages on our team site and then surface them in in the nav apps for our report users. It would be even better if I can embed just the wiki page content and not the template…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. See the status of items I tagged in the PBI community

See the status of items I tagged in the PBI community. I find myself researching for functionality items that are important to me, multiple times to check the status if ideas. This would help the What's new / coming visibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enabling locking of report in the Workspace

When we enable self service for various users in same workspace, there should be an option where we can restrict edit access for some particular reports which can be edited or deleted by the admin but not contributor or other users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.