Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Collapse App Navigation Pane

The new app navigation experience is great but can take up a good chunk of screen retail space.

The option to collapse/uncollapse the navigation pane would be a great feature for users, allowing them to focus entirely on the report/dashboard

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Viewer Access Role

I have many end users who should remain as such. End users. They should be able to consume content period. Having this limited access will not allow them to edit, alter, delete, update, etc. They should also not be able to download content in a PBIX file as they won't be permission-ed to connect to the original data sources only. This would be very helpful to have, particularly in the new apps where I have various levels of users interacting with the published content, some who truly need read-only access (particularly in B2B situations where we publish data to external…

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide the App Navigation Pane

Similarly to the Filter Pane, have the option to hide the new App navigation pane. Many of my reports are unreadable due to the size they are reformatted to when the App navigation pane is present.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename publish to web

The publish to web feature, while useful, leads to confusion around those new to platform and possibly non native English speakers. The terminology "publish to web" can be confused by instructions to publish report from desktop to web service, which is fine. Publish to web exposes sensitive business data if author is not careful. While there is a secure option that will be coming soon, I propose renaming the feature to "Publish to Public". The term public is a bit clearer as to the audience. Alternative option could be "publish to public web", just something to allow users/businesses to clearly…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix Releative Date Slicer / UTC issue.

I know I can change my data to be reflected in UTC but then i suddenly show, for example, Invoices paid Septmeber 30th as being paid in October. this is so wrong!

You simply need to change PBI where date slicers are reflecting local time and not UTC. I cannot display all of our financial data improperly (as UTC).

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tooltips for buttons

Since the July release it is possible to use tooltips on tables.
    It would be great if this option can be used on buttons in the action section.
    Now we have 'Back', 'Bookmark' and 'Q&A'
    Is it possible to add 'Tooltip' for buttons, so it's possible to use (for example) an info button, which shows information about the current report or visual for customer purposes?

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New App Navigation Pane - Put a section within a section

The ability to put a section underneath a section in the new Power BI App navigation pane. An example of what I mean is as follows:

-> Marketing Reports

->2019

->Report 1

->Report 2

->2018

->Report 1

->Report 2

->2017

->Report 1

->Report 2

-> Management Reports

->2019

->Report 1

->Report 2

->2018

->Report 1

->Report 2

->2017

->Report 1

->Report 2

When you first open the app, you would only see two sections "Marketing Reports" and "Management Reports" and then once you expand each of those sections, you would only see the years. Then you could subsequently expand each…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display on TV and auto refresh

Enable users to publish a report and view the published report on a TV/screen, with the ability to set the report to automatically refresh every nth minute.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Filter of values ​​in map selecting

Have the possibility to filter on a map. Selecting an area with the mouse, so that you can show me what amount (Example) of people go up or down in a public transport system.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Performance Analyzer JSON Export

To update the documentation and explain are the metrics (below) from the JSON file exported and what is the difference between the GUI metrics (DAX query/Visual display/Other).

-Report Canvas
    -DSE
    -AS
    -User Action
    -Visual Container Lifecycle
    -Render
    -Query
    -Data View Transform
    -Query Generation
    -Execute Semantic Query
    -Execute DAX Query
    -Execute Query
    -Serialize Rowset

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Publish a Power BI Roadmap

Currently there does not seem to be a roadmap for Power BI. This makes it very hard to plan implementations, as meetings tend to end up with someone saying "Microsoft must know this is a winning feature. I can't believe it's not on their roadmap."

As the person who has to turn the stakeholders dreams into a Power BI reality, this leaves me feeling uneasy, as I can name at least half a dozen must have features that we still don't have.

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stamp Visual with Scroll

How to Stamp Visual with Scroll?

Every visual introduce the possibility to scroll itself when the number of elements in axis are too much. This is not a problem when we consume the PBI Report by Web or Mobile but this is a limitation when we want to stamp or save it a copy in pdf. It would be really great to be able to print a report sheet with a scroll table and be able to represent all the elements inside it in a single print

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. multiple series line chart

A visualization that is able to create a line chart with multiple series like in the Excel software. I can't believe your software is not able to create multiple line series charts. It was my understanding Power Bi is excel in steroids. but your software can not create a chart with multiple lines series so disappointed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better organization of visuals in Office Store

Please add better metadata and sorting abilities to the visualizations in the Office Store. Allow visuals to be sort by last updated, created date, rating, etc and expose these metadata elements on the main screen so that you can see them without clicking into the visual.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export to PDF with filters applied in URL of the report

The PDF export from the Power BI Service should consider the report filters applied through the URL of the report so the document exported can reflect these filters too.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hide/unhide vertical navigation (report pages) on new look power bi service (web)

Add the option to hide/unhide the vertical navigatior report pages like filter menu in power bi service web using new look of aug 2019.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have a more powerful text editor, akin to the one you have in Powerpoint or other Office products.

We are very interested in using PowerBI for reporting on UX researches and Market Research, but the text editor is so weak that it is hard to convince people who are writting actual reports to adopt it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sharing Power BI Report from Pro Licence Service using scheduling as PDF and Excel Format

Sharing the reports via Mail in PDF and Excel Format using Pro Licence service by scheduling reports daily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. create multiple apps from same workspace

create multiple apps from same workspace infect from same Dataset without replicating the dataset multiple times.
    only option we have now is to update the app and only one app per workspace can be created which a kind of restrict the workspace usability.
    If we can create multiple apps share it with different users without creating multiple workspace ... means same dataset no dataset replication, will save the storage as well.

1,596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. locale identefier for tables names and column names as it was Powerview and Pivot table

When I was working with powerview and pivot table.. there is a property in the connection string which is "Locale Identfier=11265"
    which will present my tables and columns names with translation I imported to analysis service using tools like
    (BIDS or SSAS Tabular Translator)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.