Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support multi-tenant SQL databases by connection string

I would like to have Power BI datasets specify a SQL connection string that is passed through the Enterprise Gateway so that I have a security context for a specific tenant within the database. This is similar to the DAX function USERNAME() and doing row filtering in the dataset, but the row filtering happens at the data source level, not he dataset level.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for Yahoo! and gmail accounts. The first account is an administrator, and can whitelist 25 yahoo accounts with a password and or

Add support for Yahoo! and gmail accounts. The first account is the administrator, and can select the org name and the org password. The admin can whitelist up to 25 addresses for his organization. For more addresses, the user needs to use an organizational address.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Data refresh when gateway is started

All scheduled refresh that did not run because gateway was turned off should run as soon as gateway is started.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enterprise Gateway for Hadoop HDFS

Enterprise Gateway for Hadoop HDFS needed soon

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. EGW doesn't have a google analytics connection

EGW doesn't have a google analytics connection so when dashboard has two different sources (one being GA) the EGW does not work

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can we have Enterprise Gateway be enabled over VPN/ExpressRoute?

We have two large clients who are not allowed to use ServiceBus Relay today as it is regarded as a security hole (their security teams don't scan outbound traffic, so the inbound traffic over the relay is regarded as untrusted).

We would like Enterprise Gateway to support data transfer over a VPN/Express route so that PowerBI can extract data from on-premises resources without going via the public internet.

I appreciate that data is secured via SSL but that isn't good enough as their data security policies do not allow data to go via the internet (think PCI DSS compliance).

(apologies…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. To be able to update datasets with the same tables at once

As a pro user,
    I want the enterprise gateway to update all tables across published datasets on the cloud from the same database,
    so that I have the flexibility to publish variable subsets of my database as self-contained unique datasets.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automated and periodically broadcast

We can schedule on a given period an automated data actualization + export to mailing list, with custom or dynamic data filter depending on the addressee - a "broadcast" feature already present in other BI platform solutions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. B2C C2B Data Sharing between Business Intelligence through Excel Export or OData Feed

As a service company, we are using Power BI to analyze the performance of our service offerings. We often share this data with our customers. We should be able to feed our data directlt into their systems, and take a feed from their systems through Power BI. This would help improve your user base while removing the administrative burden of creating stagnant customer reports.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Does Power BI support Private cloud on Cloud Foundry?

Power BI working on a private cloud hosted by Cloud Foundry

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Personal gateway refresh success notification

The personal gateway refresh only notifies when the job fails. Would like a notification when the job succeeds. Have seen the auto refresh get silently disabled (not sure how) and there is no notification that the job isn't running.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gateways (Enterprise and Personal)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Personal Gateway Available for everyone

Data Refresh is a fundamental and basic requirement for BI. Please make it free rather then imposing Pro Tag. Once the user started to get dependent heavily they will upgrade to Pro Version, you wont have to push.

Thanks,
    Sami

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Personal Gateway Point to Specific Python Version / Venv Location

Just as you can point your Power BI desktop version to a specific python installation, I would like to be able to point the python Data Source credentials in my Personal Gateway to a specific location.

Currently I get an error because Power BI is not compatible with the latest version of python (3.7.4); therefore I point the Desktop to my python 3.7.1 location which does work. However, when I try to refresh this on my personal Gateway, I can only do so using the default system python which of course fails.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Additional Data Set Refresh Metadata (Rows Refreshed/Loaded)

Need to be able to monitor health of refreshed dashboards and troubleshoot if necessary. From time to time a dataset will successfully refresh with zero rows due to operational issues. Can additional dataset refresh metadata be made available to give visibility?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow admin to disable Direct Query mode on Gateway

We configured an enterprise gateway to allow analysts to do schedule refreshes of their PBI reports. However, they've discovered direct query mode and so now they're hammering our database with a ton of direct queries that seem to be being refreshed constantly.

I'd like to see a way to configure a gateway to only accept reports published in import mode

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ON-premise data gateway not so easy to maintain .

with 4 gateways installed, and more than 150 connections. it has become time consuming and tedious to maintain. Some one knows if we'll have a tool on Cloud side to maintain those connections, do searching to avoid duplicated and errors before to generate a new connection. and also to manage users on existing connections?, Someone has a workaround for that ?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Power Bi Online connects on Power Bi Online DB: is there a gateway?

Power Bi Online connects on Power Bi Online DB: is there a gateway?
    How can I do a report that shows how many reports I've deployed on Power Bi Online? How Can I Connect to power bi Online engine DB? I want to mange all the reports published on Power Bi Online, all report created from accounts of my organizzation, and know how many subscription they had and how many times they were shared (and to whom). I want to know when the import data reports were scheduled. Is It possible?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 11 12 13 15 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.