Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to change transparency of color under stacked area chart line

At the moment, the area under a line in a stacked area chart uses the color of the line but presents it with a level of transparency. This means that the fill color doesn't match to the color presented in the key. Ideally, it would be good to be able to customize the level of transparency of the fill color.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Formatação condicional para subtotais e totais em visuais de tabela e matriz tabela

Por favor, vocês poderiam adicionar a funcionalidade de formatação condicional nas linhas de subtotais e totais nos visuais de tabela e matriz tabela. Esta funcionalidade poderia herdar a configuração do campo onde foi aplicada a configuração, mas também poderia permitir a realização de uma configuração específica para as linhas de subtotais e totais.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TEXT ALIGNMENT IN CARD VISUAL!!!!!!!!

TEXT ALIGNMENT IN CARD VISUAL!!!!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add ability to sort the words in Word Cloud visual

Improve the Word Cloud visual by allowing the words to be sort in ascending or descending order. If you are searching for a particular word, it is very difficult to locate the word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can I have a filter to appear only if I click on a button?

Can a slicer (list/drop down) appear based on a button click?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conditional formatting of data label in Card visual doesn't change with slicers.

I created a Card visual with a conditional formatted data label (font is Green if positive and Red if Negative).

However, when I use the slicers the value might change from positive to negative but the data label stays Green.

The conditional formatting seems to not sync with the slicers like all the other components in the page.

It would make the reporting of KPIs way easier if the conditional formatting would also change according to the slicers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Imported Visualizations to be permanent in Power BI Desktop

Imported Visualizations to be permanent in Power BI Desktop like add-ins in a browser, they stay there no matter how many times you open a window or a tab.

It is quite taxing to have to import/download a visualization everytime I create a new report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. export matrix and table data with formatting

when we export the data from matrix or from table to excel all the formatting is lost like colors , font etc. please give the options to export the data with formatting.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add tooltip option to slicers

Adding tooltips to slicers would allow people to priotize or identify which filters to apply. Assume you were to share a sales report and it contains a slicer that allows you to filter data by store. The slicer works perfect if you have a predefined intention of checking specific stores (for whatever reason), but imagine I´m new in the staff; having a tooltip would help me identify the important stores as I am scrolling through the slicer. That tooltip could have a store ranking, amount of people employed at the store for example.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide a sparkline in the Power KPI Matrix Pop-out chart

Would like to be able to hide the Second Comparison Value on the pop-out chart only or be able to have a second y-axis

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add sloped line to Scatter Plot

Currently the capability exists to add constant lines to the plot (i.e. vertical or horizontal). Would like to see the capability for users to input an equation of a line to display a line other than a constant line. Need this to distinguish good/acceptable measurements on the scatter plot vs. bad/unacceptable measurements based upon different regions of the plot area/values of measurements.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More features in the Format tab

Create a feature that allows us to select multiple objects and size it all at once. For instance if I have multiple cards that needs to be displayed horizontally, the Card sizes need to all match up.

Also, allow the feature to align the objects (like cards) horizontally and vertically. These features are similar to that in the MS Visio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create a HEAT visualization for SALES, with looks of a store area, show LOW sale areas in blue, HIGH sale areas in red

Create a HEAT visualization for SALES, let visualization look like a store sales area (ideally user adaptable to real store needs), show LOW sale areas in blue, HIGH sale areas in red.
    This time next year we'll be millioners, you're welcome.

Proposition #2 do exactly the same but for CROWD CONTROL systems where you could see the flow of people going from cold and disciplined as in Japan to crowd like on a train station in India.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for dynamic update of report title when drilling down through hierarchy

When drilling down on chart visuals, the title of the chart should change to reflect the hierarchy. For example chart top level is based on "Product Line", the title of the chart should reflect "Product Line". When the user drills down to the next level "Country", the title should update to reflect "Country". The builder of the report would need to specify the chart title update for each level of the hierarchy. This would give the end user of the report, a sense of clarity to what the chart is actually showing, each time they drill down.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adjust the visual characteristics (font, size, color, location) for the displayed time value of the "Play" axis in a scatter plot

When a play axis is added to a scatter plot, the time value for that dimension is displayed in large characters that cannot be styled or modified. Any bubbles around it are obscured and hard to read. If the appearance of that label could be modified, the visual would be much more usable.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PowerApp Visual - SharePoint PowerApp Custom Form

Need a way to connect the PowerApp Visual directly to my Sharepoint list's PowerApp custom form. This would greatly simplify adding data entry to my PowerBI report, which gets its data from my SharePoint list. I could obviously recreate this form in a new PowerApp, but having it available as an existing form in the PowerApp visual would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PowerApp Visual - SharePoint PowerApp Custom Form

Need a way to connect the PowerApp Visual directly to my Sharepoint list's PowerApp custom form. This would greatly simplify adding data entry to my PowerBI report, which gets its data from my SharePoint list. I could obviously recreate this form in a new PowerApp, but having it available as an existing form in the PowerApp visual would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allowing where you click on a visual on one page to filter all subsequent pages. Not having to apply filters on all pages

Allowing where you click on a visual on one page to filter all subsequent pages. Not having to apply filters on all pages. (i.e. clicking a bar chart on one page and having it filter the next pages)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pop Up Text box with Refresh data embeded

Add an option for a pop up window at start / opening a report or dashboard. Like the pop-up you have in BI desktop when you open it except you can edit it and put the latest refresh update time and date in there. Would like to put in the pop up box that Data could lag from system by 24 hrs at the most and then have the latest refresh time and date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.