Power BI Ideas

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. change default scroll bar position in column charts

If you have a column chart with many time-points on the x-axis then a scroll bar appears on the bottom of the visual. Normally you order your x-axis in a way that the most recent dates appear to the right (at least in countries where you use to write from left to right). If you want to see the most recent dates, you always need to scroll to the right. (Alternatively, reorder, so that the most recent dates are on the left. However, this is counter-intuitive in many regions.) It would be great if you could configure the scroll bar…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Body Part Human Model Visual

Hello all. I work in Health Care, and when i work with some data it would be great to have some body parts visuals. For instance, when im working data about bruises, i would like to have like a human model and the location of the bruise with some data next to it.  Its just an idea, that some people in Health Care areas might have as well. If someone could create this it would be fantastic.

Thank you for your time

John O.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Axis inversion

There should be a field button for inverting the axis. For example, instead of the Y-axis moving upwards from 0 to 100 it should be able to flip and start at 100 and move upwards to 0.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Plotly package support with Python

I've really learned to enjoy the flexibility of the Plotly chart package. As a Python programmer it would be great to extend the Python support within Power BI to also include this powerful package.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto resize columns to fill visual

There should be an option to automatically resize table and matrix columns so their width would fill the entire visual space.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dynamic Slicer for Matrix Column

Develop a system where slicers can be used to dynamically add/remove columns in a matrix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can I have a filter to appear only if I click on a button?

Can a slicer (list/drop down) appear based on a button click?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add tooltip option to slicers

Adding tooltips to slicers would allow people to priotize or identify which filters to apply. Assume you were to share a sales report and it contains a slicer that allows you to filter data by store. The slicer works perfect if you have a predefined intention of checking specific stores (for whatever reason), but imagine I´m new in the staff; having a tooltip would help me identify the important stores as I am scrolling through the slicer. That tooltip could have a store ranking, amount of people employed at the store for example.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adjust the visual characteristics (font, size, color, location) for the displayed time value of the "Play" axis in a scatter plot

When a play axis is added to a scatter plot, the time value for that dimension is displayed in large characters that cannot be styled or modified. Any bubbles around it are obscured and hard to read. If the appearance of that label could be modified, the visual would be much more usable.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pop Up Text box with Refresh data embeded

Add an option for a pop up window at start / opening a report or dashboard. Like the pop-up you have in BI desktop when you open it except you can edit it and put the latest refresh update time and date in there. Would like to put in the pop up box that Data could lag from system by 24 hrs at the most and then have the latest refresh time and date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dynamic source column in slicer based upon selected value in another slicer

Hellos

This may be a copy of this:
    https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/36086665-dynamic-column-creation-on-basis-of-slicer-selecti
    but I am not quite sure.

What I am trying to do is change the source column of a slicer based upon the selection in another slicer.

For example, I have a table with the following columns:

Col1

Col2

Col3

I have two slicers, Slicer One & Slicer Two.

Slicer One contains the values Col1, Col2, Col3. Slicer Two contains dynamically variable values.

When I select one of these values from Slicer One (say, Col2), the source column of Slicer Two then becomes Col2.

If I then select Col3 from Slicer…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. KPI indicator chart

Hi Team- As of now we have default KPI indicators coloring such as Good, Bad, Neutral, None & Trend.

if we can able to bring the Blank values also, it is much useful to show the difference in most of the dashboards. which are falling under blank data with distinct color. Please check if there is any feasibility to add for blank data also a seperate color for this custom visual chart.

Thanks for the Good work

Regards,
    Rajendra

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Comments for data

It would be great if we have an option to add comments like the one we have in excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to change transparency of color under stacked area chart line

At the moment, the area under a line in a stacked area chart uses the color of the line but presents it with a level of transparency. This means that the fill color doesn't match to the color presented in the key. Ideally, it would be good to be able to customize the level of transparency of the fill color.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Custom Visuals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. tooltip on tornado visual

Please help to add tooltip into Tornado visual.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. export matrix and table data with formatting

when we export the data from matrix or from table to excel all the formatting is lost like colors , font etc. please give the options to export the data with formatting.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Horizontal Tornado Chart

People in our organization seem to like presenting two metrics for the same x-axis values, one as a positive value and one as a negative value, where the sign for the metric appearing as a negative value should be ignored. This approach is used to compare the absolute value of each metric easily.

The tornado chart is a better visual to do this comparative analysis, but one is forced to present the tornado chart axis vertically. So, I'd hope at some point to see orientation options for the current tornado chart visual (current is vertical/portrait, looking for horizontal/landscape).

After I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Incorporate patterns on visuals for PBI Desktop

Can we incorporate patterns into visuals for PBI Desktop? Thinking of this as a means for being visually accessible. The current method of visuals that differentiate based on colour is not compliant with Ontario's accessibility requirements. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. legend color in conditional formatting

when you have a graph to which you can apply a conditional format the legend stays with the default color, the legend should be put with the colors of the mixed conditional format

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to see the data with respect to selected columns in the table visual (selection can be multiple)

It would be better if we can view the data at a column-level selected through a slicer.
    eg. if the dataset has sales at country, state, and region, i would like to have a slicer having country, state and region and selecting the country should show the slaes only at country level hiding other 2 columns. If I select country and state in the slicer, it should hide the region and show the sales at country and state level. The selected columns should come at the start and the sales in the last column.
    This is the kind of dynamic…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.